Fallout Equestria 5,363 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

So there is a very long story to this and it has cost me 10K$ over the last several months. But here it is, as promised; volume 1 complete, working on volume 2 now.

Now I just have to work with Amazon and Barnes&Noble to finish getting it in stores.

*hangs head and smiles*

Support the Project by getting your own today: https://rena-miller.squarespace.com/shop/fallout-equestria-dead-tree-volume-1

That looks amazing!!! How do I get one

I think I heard about this in a podcast the other day... did this involve having to go to court and basically sue for a right to parody? With Hasbro of course. >.>

Not so much a suit as a legal declaration you have to prove.

Ha tried but for some reason it won't let me purchase one

Not having an issue on my end??? You select the one you want and then hit Add to Cart, then checkout.

6823878 Looks awesome, and I'll do my best to snag a copy of it soon.

I am sad that I can not afford to buy things like this because of my space limitations, but if you went through hell to publish it, I will start reading it right now.

I'm glad to hear that and it fills my heart to see people supporting all the work to get it done.

I've updated the first 4 chapters so far to match what the book version is because we edited this really really hard.
Original Word Count of Chapters 1-20: 195K
Words Removed: 48K
Total Word Count afterward: 217K
YES! We took out 48,000 words and still ended up being 22,000 longer than the original draft.

6824533 Glad I could help and fill your heart.

Much good luck to you with the book.:twilightsmile:

That's definitely amazing. Also gives hope to many others to get to see their story in print without the constant worry of the Hasbro ban-hammer. You're a hero and a living legend! Good luck with your book! I know I'm going to give it a peek at the earliest opportunity.

I only become a living legend if it actually is a good story that people are willing to buy the book for.

I would love to pick up a copy. Are there pdfs available?

Ah did but nothing happens. I'll check again later today.

We'll have Kindle and PDFs sometime at the end of the month. Planning on putting it on Amazon as well.
Right now you can read the draft version of the story here.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I've read both this thread and the one you posted in Shameless Self-Promotion, which details what you went through to make all of this happen.

And the one question on my mind remains: why?

Why pay ten thousand dollars just to publish a fanfic? Why go through all that effort? Why not just self-publish or do a limited print run as so many others have? I honestly want to know.

The work you put out looks outstanding. I will have to pick up a copy myself in the near future. Congratulations on getting it published.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19