Fallout Equestria 5,372 members · 2,617 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

The guys in charge of the Fallout Equestia Pen and Paper game are currently having an indigogo. If you wish to pick up some books, mini figures or just want to give your support, you can check it out here.

I figure some advertisement for various places where FOE is popular would be appreciated. I've already supported it and I'm just spreading the word!

They could use better artists.

They could use a better business model.

$160000? That's a bit much, isn't it??

The art and execution is hardly even worth a dollar, let alone one hundred and sixty thousand dollars.

They should probably reorganize this and offer a more reasonable starting number.

G-man64
Group Contributor

1. What PnP version is it?

2. You can get all the PnP's for free online.

3. Kkat may not approve since FoE is always supposed to be non-profit (even when the physical books were done any extra was donated).

4. I don't really see a need for a physical FoE PnP, and that's coming from someone who loves FoE and PnP.

5. I'm broke anyway.

6. Why don't they just release it for free like every other FoE PnP? What makes this one so special that it deserves a physical copy?

7. I'd probably just say stick to the one Kkat had a hand in, that's the system I use most often, it has a (somewhat) active community on the FoE forums (last time I checked anyway, but it's been quite some time), and did I mention it's a free Gdoc that I could hook all you guys up with right now?

EDIT: I PMed Kkat about this.

They'll probably comment here, and if not I'll let you know what she says.

EDIT EDIT: Having watched the video, yeah screw these guys more than I said before.

Like I already said they shouldn't set up an indigogo, FoE is a fan fiction meant to be shared and never profited from, they say they developed the system despite as I mentioned there being a good five other systems FOR FREE.

And as for the PnP lover in me they just say about it and show 'actual footage' from Babscon without going into any details on the system or any actual discussion in the video (they just play music during the gameplay).

I can't recommend this as a member of the FoE community, or the PnP community, and as a final note, they don't need as much as they're asking for.

And as already said, since they didn't go into any details on the system it just feels wrong.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Also they didn't lay out in any way shape or form how the money would be used, and gave it flex funding so make it or not, they get the money.

Unless anyone actually played this and can give some more information, be weary.

Cascadejackal
Group Admin

Like I already said they shouldn't set up an indigogo, FoE is a fan fiction meant to be shared and never profited from, they say they developed the system despite as I mentioned there being a good five other systems FOR FREE.

Spotted this when I was reading through their page.

Our first project, Fallout: Equestria PnP, is a D10 base roll-under system, based off of the Fallout Equestria fan-fiction, written by Kkat, and derived from the original Fallout: Equestria PnP system by Kkat and Sunrise. We have spent the past four years modifying and improving this system, from traits, spells, and weapons, to playable races, and more!

I thought they might have done all the work themselves, making the ruleset and system from scratch, but it sounds like they're selling a modified version of the free systems.
Unless a lot more details emerge, and we can see exactly what they're offering, I personally wouldn't touch the project.

G-man64
Group Contributor

So let me get this straight.

They're crowd funding for a modified version of a tabletop game they didn't have a hand in based on a property they didn't create based on two properties the orignal creator doesn't own so that they can break into the PnP market?

Yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and say no.

Fallout Equestria is a fan fiction, they don't have the rights to Fallout or MLP needed to try and do this, and I'll assume they also don't have the blessings of Kkat who has given her stance that FoE shouldn't be for profit ever.

If they wanted to repackage it like what Mane 6 Studios did that would be one thing, but to try and wholesale make money from someone else's product based on an existing product not a great idea.

I admire their goals, making a PnP is a good thing, but if you want to sell it, yet alone start a business venture based on it, it should be your own world.

I'm again going to still say this isn't good even with the info on what the system is.

Actually especially with that, I mean you still have to advertise it as such when you use the OGL to make a d20 game.

If you guys have questions, talk to this guy. Apparently he's doing some of the artwork and such, though I'm certain he will have the discord server up for immediate chat regarding the project as well as discussion on how to improve upon it: http://l9obl.deviantart.com/

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12