Fallout Equestria 5,365 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 47 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 47

Ok, guys. We all know, that ten years later baby alicorns been born, which means that zebras managed to brew mutagenic potion, that can give mare a dick... But, after destruction of both Unity and Red Eye alicorns began to be integrated more into society, and not always considered just outright evil and mreciless killers by normal ponies. Shure, after the alicorns became part of wasteland society, there should've been some brave stallion, whether earth pony or unicorn, or even pegasus, that would have affair with one of Sisters? They designed after Princesses themselves, they should be considered beautiful by stallions...
So, here arises question: Do they can concieve only by copulating with their own kind? Because normal ponies apparently can have pegasus born to couple of earth ponies...

We all know, that ten years later baby alicorns been born, which means that zebras managed to brew mutagenic potion, that can give mare a dick...

... Is that what happened?

5236469 Yeah, Zebras worked on potion, based on Poison Joke, that could produce male alicorns right out of female ones,why?

5236462 Maybe it's related to their very nature, either due to the involvement of Taint during the creation of the artificial alicorns (thus messing with their reproductive system and making it unable to accept genetic material that doesn't come from another alicorn), or due to more magically related reasons (the alicorns have the powers off all three pony species, which means that magic has a big role in their biology, thus only a partner with enough powerful magic powers is able to impregnate an alicorn).
Or maybe the reason they just didn't think to find a partner among the 'lesser' species of ponies is just ideological. For most of their existences the Goddess had done nothing but tell them that they were superior, the next step of pony evolution, the chosen ones to inherit the world, hence they simply don't think that mating with either a pegasus, unicorn or earth pony would be successful because they believe they are not compatible.
As for the last part, that was because there was a pegasus among their ancestors, thus his genes were passed from generation to generation until they were able to manifest themselves with the right conditions.

5236474 Good point, but they made a unicorn their leader in the end. Also, without Goddess's propaganda, and with them regaining parts of past personalities there must be some who would go for 'ordinary' stallions, be it out of memory of such experience, or out of plain desperation...

5236474 But, magical nature of their origin may be valid reason, i agree

Well, then there goes question, how exactly genetic compatibility of the three tribes works at all?

From what we've seen so far in the series, the three races don't seem to have problems of genetic compatibility and they can crossbreed without problem (I'm sure Mendel is turning in his grave for what I've just said but, hey: it's all based of on a cartoon, it's not supposed to be scientifically accurate).

Do they can concieve only by copulating with their own kind? Because normal ponies apparently can have pegasus born to couple of earth ponies...

I made some speculations on this, and why only alicorns can create other alicorns, or why it's possible for pegasi to be born from earth pony/unicorn pairs. You can find the blog here, because it's really long-winded and I don't want to bother copying and pasting the entire thing in a reply.

But a shorter answer would be that alicorn genes are an entirely separate haplotype that normally can't be found in the pony gene-pool. That would explain why we don't see alicorns being born often among ponies.

5236483 Read your article. Really, thank you for it. Was very interesting and informative. Now you made me to want to learn more about genetics. Also, realised that i forgot about Bat Ponies in original post.

I didn't talk about natural-borne alicorns directly, but my speculation on pony haplotypes can still be applied to them. Going off of what I talked about in the blog, alicorns can just be a haplotype that can't normally be found in the gene pool. Either because of selective breeding among alicorns (maybe alicorns just don't breed with mud poneis), or maybe there were a ton of alicorns in the past, but they died off and hundreds of years and generations of breeding has simply caused their haploytype to fade away from the gene pool.

Either way, by the end of the Great War, 100% of the natural born alicorns are dead. Still, the haplotype speculation could still apply to the IMP-created alicorns. As far as I can remember, how IMP was acquired, and how it actually works was ambiguous. Maybe IMP was derived from the blood of the Princesses? It could be that IMP was able to forcibly 'add' the no-longer expressed alicorn genes inside the alicorn haploytype (or the haplotype in its entirety) into unicorns through some unreal, magical genetic tampering. The result could create ponies that are completely incompatible with non-alicorns, or even result in sterility. This paragraph isn't based on any factual science whatsoever ... I'm just trying to work my pony race explanation into Fo:E alicorns.

Though I do think haplotypes can be fully applied to natural alicorns .... it's just that Fo:E alicorns add an even greater twist to the question.

No problem, happy to help :twistnerd:

* crawls back into the shadows to lurk once more *

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX!

5236512 sex=/=concieving. not in every case, at least. As i said alicorns may had much sex with ordinary ponies, but nothing good came from it ever, in sense of foals

How baby alicorns are made?

When a stallion and a mare love each other very much...

And then,

And then,

And then,

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :derpytongue2:

5236462 Followers of Apocalypse were working on a thingy that was changing alicorn gender. Then mama alicorn and papa alicorn find themselves a quiet place to be alone and MAGIC happens.
And no, "beautiful for stallions because based on princesses" is wrong. This is a problem of point of view, and after 200 years ponies surely will see alicorns as some dangerous mutants, not a pony with the princess stature.
And nobody actually asked if alicorns want to snu-snu with some imperfect ponies who age, mutate and die.

5236524 :rainbowlaugh: that made me laugh. Sadly, FoE was written when Season 2 was not finished. So we lost a great warhero before we even could have him be...

Hold on I thought the alicorns were based off the super mutants such the goddess/master and how the alicorns/super mutants can't breed without converting ponies/humans to alicorns/super mutants which are already grown up and their only one gender

Well you take some unicorn foals and dip them in IMP.

5236526 Well about Followers i said same thing in original post.

not a pony with the princess stature.

On the topic of beauty, even though nobody remembers Princesses, alicorns still bore highest standard of equine aestetics, because they were made that way.

surely will see alicorns as some dangerous mutants,

I belive that some stallions would enjoy even more. Because, you know, the thrill

And nobody actually asked if alicorns want to snu-snu with some imperfect ponies

Since FoE is a dark world, somepony with enough bravery and sufficient arsenal could, well, do not care if they do not want, if you know what i mean.

5236530 But... have you red Afterword (Ten years later) of FoE?

Yes though Kkat didn't really explain it so I'm running on fallout lore here

5236540 :rainbowhuh: but... we talk about book universe... ok, nvm

5236524 :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:
Congratulation, you won a cookie

The zebras wouldn't stand a chance against such combination of cuteness and deadliness

5236553 " I became baby, destroyer of the worlds":rainbowlaugh:

5236462 I'm going with the fact that foE alacorns are genetically forced into a different race of alacorns. It is not the natcheral occurrence for a alacorn so they are to far DNA wise to be able to give birth with any of the original 3 races.

5236483 < Basically agreeing with him

5236553 That is going to be a hard one to explane to the Ceaser "sir we lost the battle to a baby."

I belive that some stallions would enjoy even more. Because, you know, the thrill

I personally like the idea that it's just that nopony would bang a Goddess-time alicorn, and given that all of them were, basically, Goddess-controlled units she would not mingle with the 'lesser' races. Which is why Goddess was looking to make male alicorns.

So at the end of Fo:E instead of actually thinking about simpler reasons why alicorn reproduction did not happen, Velvet just went right into poison joke brewing idea and (largely confused at the time by the recent loss of Goddess) alicorns went with it because they needed some kind of authority after being under Goddess' control for so long. They developed a psychological dependence on being commanded to do things that was so strong that they haven't even questioned Velvet.

When actually the first thing to do was to ask the post-Goddess alicorns "Here is one thought... maybe try having sex with a regular stallion?"... Leave it to Velvet to overcomplicate and overdramatize things...

5236678 She have done it... to secure Calamity!:rainbowlaugh:

Good point, and while i personally prefer version that their engineered genetics is preventing them from concieve from ordinary stallion, i cannot ignore this question myself

They developed a psychological dependence on being commanded to do things that was so strong that they haven't even questioned Velvet

And now imagine what could have been, if instead of Velvet it was unicorn stallion...

And now imagine what could have been, if instead of Velvet it was unicorn stallion...

Alicorns would go from just terror of the Wasteland to sexual terror of the Wasteland?..

On the topic of beauty, even though nobody remembers Princesses, alicorns still bore highest standard of equine aestetics, because they were made that way.

I am pretty sure that the beauty standard of XVIII-XIX centuries (eg the fat ladies) are beauties for you too.
There is no "made that way" in nature, so quit that argument.

Deviants.

Since FoE is a dark world, somepony with enough bravery and sufficient arsenal could, well, do not care if they do not want, if you know what i mean.

In FoE, with all alicorn power, it is rather if alicorns want, not if someone else cares.

There is no "made that way" in nature, so quit that argument.

First. Sorry, my good opponent, but in this case i will quit dispute when i deem it nessesary, and not earlier.
Second. "Nature" outside of cultural sphere pretty much have minimal physical parameters for males and females of all animal realm to make them even consider each other worth breeding.
Third. You determine dynamic of Equestrian beauty standards, by simple projection of such dynamic from our real world.
But what about canon info, regarding Equestria, where stated, that Princesses were around more than 1000 years (instead of 200 like in your example) and always was regarded as exceptional beauties?

Deviants.

But still, they would exist, and they will pursue such relationship' And, by the way, post-war Wasteland is pretty deviant by itself, so what the special deal?

In FoE, with all alicorn power, it is rather if alicorns want, not if someone else cares.

as i said

with enough bravery and sufficient arsenal

Every force may be overpowered with sufficient effort. Even nature itself.

She have done it... to secure Calamity!:rainbowlaugh:

Velvet: Stop struggling! Once we're at home, we're going to have a long discussion about staring at the plots of other mares, mister! *while dragging Calamity by an ear with her magic*
Calamity: Ouch! But honey, please! Be reasonable! They're too big and sexy to ignore! Ouch!

5236707 :twilightoops: there's also the size difference between an alicorn and an average stallion to consider...

5236909 :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

OMG, this is priceless! Thank you, good sir!

First. Sorry, my good opponent, but in this case i will quit dispute when i deem it nessesary, and not earlier.

I said "argument", not "dispute". Quit imagining things.

Second. "Nature" outside of cultural sphere pretty much have minimal physical parameters for males and females of all animal realm to make them even consider each other worth breeding.

Wut? Do you even understand what you are saying?

Third. You determine dynamic of Equestrian beauty standards, by simple projection of such dynamic from our real world.

Because "you can write anything as a ponyfic". Ponies are similar to humans. The people who say otherwise and write their stories following this rule end up with writing some nonsense and Mary Sues.

But what about canon info, regarding Equestria, where stated, that Princesses were around more than 1000 years (instead of 200 like in your example) and always was regarded as exceptional beauties?

Once again - beauty norms are a matter of perspective and culture. Which depends much on the society and environment. Given the FoE stuff, I doubt that alicorns are your super models just by default because they are alicorns. Given that they attack and capture ponies, I am pretty sure ponies are not seeing them in that way too.
And 1000 years are no different matter from 200 years, time doesn't make norms more stable, so quit it.

But still, they would exist, and they will pursue such relationship' And, by the way, post-war Wasteland is pretty deviant by itself, so what the special deal?

Nice try, but no. Bring proves of deviancy in the studio.

Every force may be overpowered with sufficient effort. Even nature itself.

People who kept saying that got laid by nature in the end. GL HF

I said "argument", not "dispute". Quit imagining things.

Same applies.

Well ,that's not me, who says 'wut', so i take it that i understand and you don't have any logical arguments.

The people who say otherwise and write their stories following this rule end up with writing some nonsense and Mary Sues.

Yeah, sure. Try for example read some fics, that, for a change, not about Mary Sues. For Example Misunderstandings by Rogue Wolf

Once again - beauty norms are a matter of perspective and culture.

Exactly! So, we just cannot say "Alicorns not beautiful after 200 years, because in our world beauty standards changed by this time"

And 1000 years are no different matter from 200 years, time doesn't make norms more stable, so quit it.

Ok. What is more stable: something that remained unchanged for millenium or changed after 200 years?

Nice try, but no. Bring proves of deviancy in the studio.

But, yes. Unless you genuinely belive that Raiders, Red Eye's slavers are bunch of normal and benevolent folks. Also, for example rape, comitted by said raiders in Manehattan, in scene when Calamity shots raider colt is descent and normal thing? And let's not forget Poniville in first chapters. And cut off tongue of Derpy...

People who kept saying that got laid by nature in the end. GL HF

Than explain, how do you able to use computer to write this, and not sitting in cave with stone club, being seeverely opressed by nature?

And, finally i have strong feeling, that you "arguing", as you stated, only in favor of arguing itself, and disregard original topic of this thread entirely.

there's also the size difference between an alicorn and an average stallion to consider...

As long as the wasteland haven't forgotten how to use stepladders... :trollestia:

Velvet: Stop struggling! Once we're at home, we're going to have a long discussion about staring at the plots of other mares, mister! *while dragging Calamity by an ear with her magic*
Calamity: Ouch! But honey, please! Be reasonable! Their too big and sexy to ignore! Ouch!

Calamity: But Velvet! What about the future of the alicorn race?! I have to save it with my loyalty!

As long as the wasteland haven't forgotten how to use stepladders... :trollestia:

Actually, I was talking about the risk of pelvis damages :twilightoops:

Calamity: But Velvet! What about the future of the alicorn race?! I have to save it with my loyalty!

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Well ,that's not me, who says 'wut', so i take it that i understand and you don't have any logical arguments.

That doesn't even support that you said a logical and clear to understand statement.

Yeah, sure. Try for example read some fics, that, for a change, not about Mary Sues. For Example Misunderstandungs by Rogue Wolf

Oh well, but I did. And in a every one ponies behaved as humans.

Exactly! So, we just cannot say "Alicorns not beautiful after 200 years, because in our world beauty standards changed by this time"

You can't say that "Alicorns are still a measure of a beauty because it is not our world" either.

But, yes. Unless you genuinely belive that Raiders, Red Eye's slavers are bunch of normal and benevolent folks. Also, for example rape, comitted by said raiders in Manehattan, in scene when Calamity shots raider colt is descent and normal thing? And let's not forget Poniville in first chapters. And cut off tongue of Derpy...

Pirates. Big empires capturing and bringing weak countries to submission.
Rape is still in this world.
So, yes, not deviant.

Ok. What is more stable: something that remained unchanged for millenium or changed after 200 years?

I told you literally moments ago that sociocultural norms are not becoming more stable with the time, and here you again, repeating the same stupid thought.
Following your logic, one can say that Byzantine Empire was one of the most stable countries because it lasted for almost a thousand years, and modern countries are just colossuses on the clay legs just because they aren't older than several centuries.

Than explain, how do you able to use computer to write this, and not sitting in cave with stone club, being seeverely opressed by nature?

It is funny seeing that you don't know that computer is stiil a tool, and a club is too. You forbid people from using more advanced tools?

Good bye, you-no-reader-and-no-logic-person, I am out of here. I see no use in repeating the same words only to receive some gibberish in return.

Pirates. Big empires capturing and bringing weak countries to submission.

Rape is still in this world.

So, yes, not deviant.

Deviance

In sociology, deviance describes an action or behavior that violates social norms, including a formally enacted rule (e.g., crime)

O-ok. So please clarify, are in your opinion rape, murder and plunder cannot be considered as deviant behavior? Does in your opinion, since you say that they do not deviant, they then do not violate social norms as follows from definition in article and acceptable in principle?

That doesn't even support that you said a logical and clear to understand statement.

But yet, I didn't hear any logical statement from you in this phrases.

You can't say that "Alicorns are still a measure of a beauty because it is not our world" either.

So as we see, they may be considered beautiful and, in the same time, they may not be
So, either is possible.

Following your logic, one can say that Byzantine Empire was one of the most stable countries because it lasted for almost a thousand years, and modern countries are just colossuses on the clay legs just because they aren't older than several centuries.

But, we are talking about sociocultural norms, and not about polity. For example, slavery was considered norm in Byzatine Empire, likewise in USA, prior to 1865. So, yes, stable.

It is funny seeing that you don't know that computer is stiil a tool, and a club is too. You forbid people from using more advanced tools?

God forbid! I just reminded you, that human can overpower nature with tools. So, you seem to agree, about usefulness of tools against nature? It's not so GL HF, isn't it?

and here you again, repeating the same stupid thought.

Good bye, you-no-reader-and-no-logic-person, I am out of here. I see no use in repeating the same words only to receive some gibberish in return.

*applause* Funny thing, your words remind me very much of famous russian school of internet arguing.
So, farewell. You hardly be missed.

Comment posted by Last-place deleted May 18th, 2016

Well, at first I was gonna say, "When a mommy Alicorn and a Daddy Alicorn love each other very much...." But Recon777 stole that joke so let's move on.

I'm no expert on genetics, but it seems to me that while it's possible for Alicorns to have kids that are also Alicorns with any of the other three pony races, the chances of it being an Alicorn is higher if both parents are Alicorns. But it wasn't until after the zebra brew was made that a male Alicorn could be spawned from a coupling. I....assume that they apply the brew to the Alicorn infant and let it do it's work. From then on, any kid that Alicorn would have could either be male or female.

But I'm just guessing off the top of my head here. :derpytongue2:

Also......with fallout 4 now a thing....syths... Or cloneing with a joke base. (Implyeimplied i read to much horizon)

Or another thought, what if they are talking stuff out using the joke leaving some more male then others

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 47