RainbowPie 863 members · 362 stories
Comments ( 128 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 128

Yeah, PinkieDash. I like that name better goshdang it aslkdfjaskdjf. Yes I got the idea for this thread from taking a peek at the AppleDash group (thanks guys!).

So I herd u liek ponies pink and blue pone in love. Well, the reason there are so many PinkieDash-ers in the first place is probably the fact that there are so many actual 'moments' between the two ponies in the show. So, what are those moments? Or alternately, what is your favorite 'canon' moment? Even if it's out-of-context, go for it!

* This isn't my 'favorite' moment, per se, but the recent episode had a couple of nice little scenes. Pinkie hugging Dash (somewhat excessively, and very adorably, I might add :derpytongue2:), and then being shoved off, which fits quite nicely with the whole 'one sided crush Dash is totally oblivious' view on them (my personal favorite view on the ship since it fits with the show so well...and is incredibly funny).

* Also, when Twi and Dash are having their geek-off and Pinkie is 'refereeing', and then ends up 'siding' with Dash. I was quite hoping she'd reveal that she had read the entire series and was an even bigger fan of it than them, and knew exactly what they were talking about. :rainbowlaugh:

So, what are your favorite moments, or moments you think are most significant, or just any little ol' moment from the show, maybe one that most people haven't noticed? Or moments everyone has noticed...

The mailbox gag from Wonderbolt Academy. Both funny and sad.

The entire Wonderbolts Academy episode is one big RainbowPie moment. 'S why its my favorite episode to date. Besides, like, Party of One, which is another pretty big RainbowPie episode. Le sigh. Alas, season one RainbowPie, we barely knew ye.

I am going to count the whole of Wonderbolt Academy as one big happy PinkieDash moment.

2353499>>2353562>>2353653>>2353271

Wonderbolt Academy is my favorite episode to date. Lots of Pinkiedash and Rainbow's maturity really shows in that episode. Also, it hints of a future for Dash in the military. (I'm in the Air Force, that's why I geek out about that).

Silver out!

I'm so glad someone else picked up on Pinkie nodding along while Dash was nerding out. PinkieDash may not be canon, but I do like that the animators have never stopped portraying Pinkie as particularly enamored with Dash.

I don't know if I'd call it a happy PinkieDash moment, what with Pinkie being distraught for most of the episode, but it's definitely the episode (aside from Griffon the Brushoff) that gives the most fuel to the shipping fire.

Outside of the show, I also like how much Dash and Pinkie are paired up in the MLP comics—especially in the first story arc, that has a whole issue where they're off by themselves in the woods.

To many Pinkies was a great one in my opinion. Pinkie finally has the ability to spend the day with anypony she wants, and who does she decided to give her personal attention to? :rainbowderp:

I agree with everyone about the wonderbolt academy episode having a lot pinkiedash moments. Even if her clingyness was brought up to eleven in it it still counted as pinkiedash.I liked how at the end Dash is holding Pinkie bridal style XD.

2355892 Their interaction in that arc is sublime. It's been a while since I read them, but I definitely remember reading too far into the scene where they're camping out in the woods.

Speaking of the comics you can't forget this scene in a recent comic

Also one of the few moments in season 2...minus what Rarity is saying though it is funny...

I really love that episode. Paradoxically while the episode is so loud and full of slap stick comedy, it is also has subtle moments that are easy to miss that show off Pinkie's character better than many other stories do when they are trying to be blatant about it.

For example Pinkie slowing herself down and being quiet to keep Dash happy. Yes the breaking the physics is funny (and so Pinkie) but in addition it shows how much she cares for Dash and her feelings which the clones ignore.

That's an edit I'm afraid. She is saying "cake" in the comic itself.

The Griffon the Brush Off episode will always be special to me as the episode that first pointed me to the OTP. Pinkie's adorable clinginess and Dash obsession were in full swing and this moment at the end never fails to make me smile.

Though it's far from the best Pinkiedash moment in the episode. Really, their pranking montage showed the sheer amount of fun these two are together perfectly.

Well curses...darn lying interwebs!

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

2357696>>2359459
>That awkward/awesome moment when your comic edit shows up in the forum, and people believe it's real. :rainbowlaugh:
Mission accomplished, I guess?

2363642 I was wondering how on Earth I could have missed that when I was reading that issue!

I concur with what you all are saying about Wonderbolts Academy. Not only did it have some fantastic interactions, but it made me actually seriously consider something I didn't really think I'd ever seriously consider: if at least some of the crew is actively creating the show with the thought that maybe, possibly, Pinkie has some feelings for Dash. I know that some of the animators are shippers, but they don't have a ton of say in what goes into the show. The board artists have quite a bit to say in the visual department, but the writers are at the top of the creative chain on this show. It's a long shot, but the episode did make me wonder, at least whether they wonder.

Basically, Wonderbolts Academy went in a direction that I hardly dared hope for and didn't think would actually happen in the show. Put simply, it's freaking awesome. :derpytongue2:

That's exactly what I love about Too Many Pinkie Pies. It has a nice balance of comedy and quiet moments. Plus, it shows a really great side of Pinkie that I think a lot of people overlook. Many people seem to see her as an airhead, and not particularly considerate, but her level of consideration towards Rainbow Dash, though not totally unexpected, was actually surprising. She cares about her friends a lot, and she is actually very much more aware than she sometimes seems, but she showed that even more than usual in TMPP.

Also, this is the funniest thing ever and don't you even try to deny it:

It always seemed like Griffin the Brush Off set up Pinkie and Dash for future interactions, but that didn't play out as much as I would have thought, especially in the second season. Hopefully season 4 will have a bit more interaction. Even if you don't 'ship' them, you can't deny they make an interesting and hilarious duo that's just begging to be paired up more often. Now, if Pinkie Pie had kept her wings...

Well you can tell that the comic writers understand the dynamic because they seem to like to pair them up as well (modified comic panels not included of course). In the pirate story from what I could see it seems they use them to play off the comedy. They did the same in the first story arc where they send them off alone and use it to trigger insanity. While shipping is not their intention (though at times it does seem they like to use it to generate interest) Pinkie and Dash have such great chemistry that many writers can't help but use them together.

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

How's this for obscure: According to the newest episode, Pinkie and Dash are now the only members of the Mane Six with two middle names. Pinkie Diane Responsibility Pie and Rainbow Danger Professionalism Dash. :rainbowlaugh:

Now, if Pinkie Pie had kept her wings

Thats why in my headcanon i made her part pegasus because her mom had an affair with a pegasus and this is why she seems to like jumping and being in the air so much. This also explains why she is so brightly colored compared to her family who are a dull color. Or you could have it that granny pie was a pegasus too.

I think that another episode that people overlook when talking about PinkieDash is Over a Barrel--I mean, c'mon. That episode was full of PinkieDash.

But of course, it was forgotten because RARITYCATCHME

Good thing that RARITYCATCHME is in The Last Roundup then. :derpytongue2:

Over a Barrel demonstrates well why Pinkie and Dash are so entertaining together. Plus, it just reinforces the view that Pinkie is very eager to hang out with Dash, but sometimes that's a one-sided ambition on her part. That's where a lot of humor with them comes from though.

Another example of that would be "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000". Their interactions in that episode are hilarious, and so entertaining I think because it's almost an 'anti-rivalry'. Pinkie isn't trying to 'best' Dash, but ends up doing so (seemingly) unwittingly, which drives Dash nuts. But, in the end, whether Pinkie was purposefully teasing Dash or not, she's still a considerate friend, and shares. I have a feeling that if Pinkie would have kept her wings, that 'anti-rivalry' would be a core part of their dynamic. Pinkie would be faster than Dash, but wouldn't think anything of it, which would drive Dash crazy. :rainbowlaugh:

Haha! I'm an idiot. Season one was a long time ago. Oh well.

And of course, what you say rings true. Its cute how Pinkie teases Dash throughout the whole episode, interaction at its best.

Don't forget that it is also the episode that many attribute as the start of the wing boner idea of Rainbow Dash watching Pinkie doing her music number in that show girl outfit.

Now that I really consider it, Pinkie as a Pegasus, and therefore the interaction and friendly rivalry between PinkieDash, would make that ship like... AppleDash big. I mean, FWF was the big AppleDash episode, and in that episode we see competition and (admittedly) borderline sexual tension. Just... Imagine.

Bleh. I'm not an AppleDash fan.

If Pinkie had wings, those two would probably interact so much it would easily be the most popular pairing in the show. It already was an extremely popular pairing at the beginning of the fandom, and continues to be quite big, even with a wingless Pinkie.
No comment on the AppleDash stuff. :rainbowlaugh: However, I don't think it's necessarily 'bigger', at least not by much.

I certainly don't expect 'shipping' to be their intention, but the thing that made WonderBolts Academy so special was that it made me actually question that. Or more specifically, question just how they look at the dynamic between Pinkie and Dash, and if it's actually possible that they could be writing Pinkie with that in mind.
You're right though: the comic writers do like to have them interacting. The duo writing the 'Friends Forever' mini-series mentioned that they'd like to write an issue with Dash traveling around the world with someone "that would annoy the daylights out of her and maybe sink the whole endeavour". Wonder who that could be? :pinkiehappy:

The latest comic (#14) had a few funny interactions -

___

What is it with Pinkie and putting hats on Dash?

I admit, this one made me laugh. Yep, you just sail that ship Pinkie Pie. Sail it well.

Pinkie makes a great pirate. Love her with the sword and it is Pinkie to try to say something while wielding it and thus fails at being understood. I really need to subscribe to those comics.

That panel with Dash telling Pinkie she's "totally cool" was my favorite part of the new issue. :heart:

I'd be pretty happy if Dash and Pinkie both held onto their pirate outfits for a while. It wouldn't make any sense, but they're so cute in them (and since when does Pinkie need to make sense?).

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

Oh, but it totally would make sense! Pinkie keeps it because she's Pinkie, and has fun wearing pirate garb everywhere (who wouldn't??), and Dash keeps hers on for weeks without washing it because she's such a pirate fangirl.

Today my wife went out for some last minute Christmas shopping, and brought me back a copy of the Twilight Sparkle "fun pack" comic (a pocket-sized version of the Twilight micro-series comic), which comes with a poster, a sticker, and a temporary tattoo. You'll never guess what the sticker and tattoo were:

I'm going to pretend that this combination was intentional, and not just what some machine on an assembly line happened to drop into the bag. Further proof that PinkieDash is canon! :pinkiehappy:

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

Does that rainbow behind the 'RD' have pink in it? Rainbows usually don't have pink in them. Huh. :rainbowlaugh:

Technically Rainbows can't have Pink in them. Oddly Pink is not even a true color in teh light spectrum.

Speaking of Canon Pinkie moments with Rainbow Dash there might be an episode coming up in "Three's a Crowd". A new rival for Pinkie will throw Rainbow Dash a birthday party....

DUN DUN DUN

Ah ha! So I wasn't the only one who wasn't JUST excited for the, admittedly, incrediblyawesomeazing Weird Al news, but also about the fact that Pinkie's rival is going to throw Dash an 'epic party' (didn't say if it's a birthday party in the synopsis). There could have been any number of other things to drive the story and provide the necessary conflict, but the fact that they chose for it to be a party for Rainbow Dash... Better manage my expectations and not expect too much and be disappointed, but...If Pinkie and Cheese Sandwich (god, what a name), end up 'fighting' over Dash, or Pinkie fights/competes for Dash, which sounds pretty likely, it's going to be great no matter what.

At any rate, I think it's safe to say we can look forward to some Pinkie/Dash interaction, which is always more than welcome. The Rainbow Falls episode will quite likely have some interaction as well, but I think with this episode, it's pretty much guaranteed.

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

Teeny, tiny thing in the newest episode (Power Ponies): Dash was the one who seemed most concerned, or at least was the only one to say anything when Pinkie got 'crushed' by the mailbox (yeah, great job trying to stop it happening you guys :rainbowlaugh:).

Now all we need is a Sonic Pinkboom. Oh, wait...

All I know is that that Weird Al episode is gun b gud. If Pinks is fighting for the right to party with Dash, then it's going to be very, very, very good.

Despite bringing it up I am going to keep my optimism for PinkieDash in that episode to a minimum so I can hopefully be surprised. I was taken by surprise (pleasently mind you) with the PinkieDash moments in "Too Many Pinkie Pies" and "Wonder Bolts Academy" and that is what made those moments kind of special in a way. This is especially true since they did not have to do them especially in WBA. The sheer amount of Pinkie obsessing over Dash in that episode could have been dropped and the episode could have gone just as planned (I think eventually it would be very believable for the rest of the mane six to visit Dash without Pinkie going nuts just to say hi which would enable the ending) but hey I am glad it is there anyway for sure.

2458889 YOU GOTTA FIGHT, FOR YOUR RIGHT, TO PAAAARTAAY! Sorry you said fight right and party in the same sentence. And remember how pinkie is faster then dash? LOOK WHO GOT SUPERSPEED! Just to rub it in dash.

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

I don't usually point out every time Pinkie and Dash are standing together in an episode, because that's just going too far, but...they were together a LOT in the newest ep (Rarity Takes Manehattan). Enough to comment on it, at least. :rainbowlaugh:

Pinkie would totally beat Dash in a flightless race, that's pretty much a fact. That's why she didn't race in Fall Weather Friends - it would've been too easy, and she would've made her friends feel bad. :derpytongue2:

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

Well, the newest comic (#15) certainly had it's fair share of fun Pinkie-Dash interactions. Just dropping a few of em here, in image form.

The first one is the best, IMO. :rainbowlaugh:

tfw you realize Pinkie called Dash handsome.

Aw, it's their knifebaby. Wait, Pinkie has a knife?! Oh god...

As this comic once again demonstrates, you are totally right.

Speaking of which...

That image of Pinkie hugging Dash has to be one of my favorites.

Just gonna leave this here.

Some day in the future somebody is going to write something based on that one random scene. Why is Twilight chasing Pinkie? She does at least seem happy so my first idea of Twilight chasing Pinkie due to causing mischief is probably out...

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

*SPOILERS*

My PinkieDash senses are tingling...

Pinkie has the BEST art style. :rainbowlaugh:

I love that second picture for some reason i just love it when pinkie has that serious look on her face XD of course how she grabbed Dash's hooves aaww.:heart:

Mudpuppy
Group Admin

Who says the last episode didn't have any PinkieDash? :rainbowlaugh:

Sorry, I'm pretty much image-hijacking this thread.

Lol keep going especially with the comic stuff since only a few of us will know of that!

I am SO looking forward to this episode!

Oh Lordy this might be the best episode I have seen of this show in a long time. The music, the zaniness, Weird Al, more Pinkie history, and more! It does have its PinkieDash moments too (BONUS!) so this has taken my spot for best episode of the season and perhaps of the entire show (though it is so hard to beat "Party of One" and it could be partly the excitement talking). Suffice to say I enjoyed it greatly.

i think one of the best pinkiedash moments of pinkie pride was that pinkie was so scared of dashie getting hurt, that it made her inspired enough to get her key. :heart: Also the doctor who references :pinkiehappy:

Anybody else spend half today's episode wanting to punch Dash in her stupid, inconsiderate face?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 128