The Best Promotion Group And Writers Group 89 members · 647 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Artist
Group Admin

I am currently watching an episode of Law and order SVU about little boys getting abused and then somebody getting killed over it.

Now I wanna incorporate that into one of my stories, or I want to write a story about how Diamond Tiara maybe getting abused at home and that’s why she’s bullying others in school, and I want to know how to make a teen version without showing the actions that Diamond Tiara is going through at home, just by describing it, but not in very much detail?

How do I do that?

Robipony
Group Contributor

7938314 I'd say that eluding to the abuse is the best way to go about it. Let the reader's imagination paint the picture for them, just give them enough information to hint at it.

Kind of like what I did in Ask Roseate Grimsbane.

TAsk Roseate Grimsbane, the Witch
NOT A CLOPFIC! Roseate Grimsbane is a unicorn mare who tries to live as peacefully as she can in Equestria, or as peacefully as you can when you're a witch and your husband is an eldritch being from outside our known universe. Ask her some questions.
Robipony · 106k words  ·  92  3 · 2.3k views
Artist
Group Admin

OK thank you.

Robipony
Group Contributor

7938361 It does take a bit to get to the abuse part of the story as it is hinted but not truelly eluded to until the 2nd half if the story.

Edit: and the abuser isn't who you might think it is, if you read just the first chapter.

Artist
Group Admin

Thank you for your advice.

I really appreciate it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5