In General 586 members · 3,895 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

How would you react if you were working the night shift at a Gotham coffee shop and Batman comes in and demands a coffee ASAP? I mean, the employee is obviously startled, since he drops the cup he's working on the minute he sees Bruce. The slightly weird thing in this clip, Batman carries cash. I can understand him not using a credit/debit card because if would have his real name on it, which would blow his identity if he used a card that said Bruce Wayne while he's Batman. But still, it just seems odd for Batman to be carrying cash on his person. IMO, if somebody IRL walked into a coffee shop dressed as Batman, they would probably tell him to take off the mask/hood/cowl, or they call the cops. Anyway, how would you react if you were the employee working when Batman comes in and demands a coffee?

Anime con next weekend, and I've been going since it was at a hotel with literally only one restaurant within walking distance. A Wendy's. After seeing those guys react to every type of superhero you can imagine walk in I can tell you. Most are too dead inside to care.

Yoshifan30
Group Contributor

That goes to show how tough batman is without supernatural powers

Depends who's under the mask. If it was a cosplayer, I'd just treat them like any other customer. If it was someone like Christian Bale or Ben Affleck, I would ask for a selfie with them. :duck:

I can understand him not using a credit/debit card because if would have his real name on it

Clearly, you never heard of the Bat-credit card:

Now, let's continue pretending Batman & Robin never happened. :twilightsmile:

What if you were in the DC universe?

And thanks a lot for that clip, it annoyed and entertained me at the same time. The idea of a Bat-credit card annoyed me, but the guy's tantrums were hilarious

In that case, I would ask him questions I assume only Batman would know, such as where does he get all his wonderful toys. And then I'd ask him for a selfie.

And yeah, the Nostalgia Critic's reaction to the Bat-credit card is hilarious! :rainbowlaugh:

Ironically, as annoying as it is to see Batman with his own Bat-credit card, it actually makes sense from an in-universe perspective. As Linkara pointed out:

Still doesn't make Batman & Robin any better, though.

Batman getting coffee? Understandable. Dude's gotta drink something. Paying cash? Perfectly normal - cash is a lot harder to trace than a credit or debit transaction. The clerks giving it to him without issue? Hell, if it were me, I'd give him coffee on the house.

And why do that? Because he's BATMAN.

Arthor2017
Group Admin

Have all you want, Mr. Batman, Sir. Courtesy of the house.

For the record, he didn't stop for coffee because he needed a drink, he stopped for coffee to keep him awake. In this episode, the villain is a psychic who traps multiple member of the Justice League in their dreams. Batman is going after him, and he does multiple things to keep him awake, drinking a very large coffee, smashing the front windshield of the Batmobile, and putting on an annoyingly catchy song on the radio. When he gets closer to the villain, Dr. Destiny, he tells him that the closer he is to his victim, the stronger his powers are, and that he can enter Bruce's mind even if he's wide awake. In typical Batman fashion, he says "My mind's not a nice place to be." and by the end of the episode, all the heroes have woken up, but Bruce has basically crashed out from staying awake so long

...yes, I was aware of the context. I didn't think the context mattered, however.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11