Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Reactception
Group Admin

Story Theme:
AU a simple or a massive change to canon that can change the course of Sunset’s story and that’ll lead to shipping with a villain

Stories should be first posted/published between October 4th 2023 to November 2nd 2023 until midnight. Time zone: United States eastern.

Any length is appreciated, wanna short 1K-3K thing? Go for it. Got that epic you've finished but never uploaded? That’s pretty dope too.

SFW only please.

We made a folder in this group to put your entries in BEFORE THE DEADLINE!

If this is your first story ever on fimfiction.net and you're having trouble publishing it on this website, please send a link with view password to Reactception. Message me if you have questions about that.

Please include a link to the contest in your story description.

Judge:
Reactception: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/425344/Reactception

(🎶Alone again naturally🎶)

The Prizes

1st Place:

• The story will be on the page description for two weeks, and the winner will get to choose the next Sunset x EG Villain competition (can’t be the same one). If they want to, they can co-judge for that competition. But if they don’t want to co-judge, they can of course compete again.

2nd Place:

• The story will get an honorable mention on the group description.
  • The winner will get a review of one of their stories (their choice) by Reactception.

3rd Place:

• The story submitted will be reviewed by Reactception.

Link to the folder for the competition: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215660/folder/81005/sunset-x-villain-au-competition-october-4th-2023-to-november-2nd-2023

We hope you all enjoy and participate in this banger competition!!!

This will be fun to take a crack at.

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

So now we know! :twilightsmile:

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

So...um...what about non-romance relationships, such as friendshipping? Are they docked points?
:trixieshiftleft:

Reactception
Group Admin

Less likely to win but it is allowed

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Less likely to win but it is allowed

😭 :raritycry: :raritydespair:

Hello. As usual, would like to invite you to repost the contest in the Hall of Contests [SFW] group.

I know it says "simple or massive change to canon", but how much of a change is allowed?
Is there a framework of canon we should still stick to - general setting, mythology, and character origins for instance?
Or is it more or less a free ticket to any kind of AU?

Reactception
Group Admin

I’d say any kind of AU is fine

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Since each story will be AU, should the villain Sunset is shipped with be someone who is a villain in canon, or is 'just a villain in AU' equally good?

Reactception
Group Admin

Villain in canon

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Villain in canon

:raritydespair: "There goes my inspiration manifestation!"

7887406 Does it have to be shipping or can a feisty interaction suffice? I'm thinking of a villain arc, but then it wouldn't be a Sunset Shimmer-focused story, she would only have the second most important role in it. And it wouldn't be your typical 'shipping'.

Also, does it have to be AU or can it take place after the canon?

Also also, Wallflower Blush does count as a villain, right?

Reactception
Group Admin

Close to shipping but friendshipping or close to shipping work okay.

AU after or during or before canon are fine.

And yeah Wallflower counts!!!

7893671 It would be more of a teacher-student relationship between the two.

Also, it wouldn't be AU story, it would be just a normal story after the show without the AU tag.

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Do Shadowbolts count if they sang to Sci-Twi, "Release the magic, release the magic... (etc.)"

Reactception
Group Admin

Yeah they are minor antagonists/villains!

7893671 I'm still a bit confused. Is AU a required tag? So, if the story approaches canon, it gets disqualified?

Reactception
Group Admin

It is the reference point for the story competition theme but if it take place after canon it doesn’t have to have that tag.

My story is gonna be close, but I shall make it in time!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20