Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Reactception
Group Admin

Story Theme:
Flipping the script going from the past to the future!!!
By shipping best girl with hot Villains in Sci-Fi.
Futuristic, Cyberpunk, Dystopian, etc! Any kind of Sci-Fi will do

Stories should be first posted/published between July 5th 2023 to August 1st 2023 until midnight. Time zone: United States eastern.

Any length is appreciated, wanna short 1K-3K thing? Go for it. Got that epic you've finished but never uploaded? That’s pretty dope too.

SFW only please.

We made a folder in this group to put your entries in BEFORE THE DEADLINE!

If this is your first story ever on fimfiction.net and you're having trouble publishing it on this website, please send a link with view password to Reactception. Message me if you have questions about that.

Please include a link to the contest in your story description.

Judge!:
Reactception: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/425344/Reactception
(I’m going solo this month)

The Prizes

1st Place:

• The story will be on the page description for two weeks, and the winner will get to choose the next Sunset x EG Villain competition (can’t be the same one). If they want to, they can co-judge for that competition. But if they don’t want to co-judge, they can of course compete again.

2nd Place:

• The story will get an honorable mention on the group description.
  • The winner will get a review of one of their stories (their choice) by Reactception.

3rd Place:

• The story submitted will be reviewed by Reactception.

Link to the folder for the competition:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215660/folder/80407/sunsets-sci-fi-shipping-x-villain-competition-july-5th-2023-to-august-1st-2023

We hope you all enjoy and participate in this banger competition!!!

Ah, I see. I will probably skip this one unless sci-fi also counts for things like traveling the multiverse. Sci-fi is a genre I am not experienced in and one that I don't enjoy as much as others. :twilightsmile:

Does it have to be a complete chapter (one shot) or a story in parts, and in the second case, if it is not finished or I want to make it longer, should I publish only the chapters I want? Even if the story is complete.

Reactception
Group Admin

If it’s incomplete you may have points taken off of you’re total by the judges but a (One-shot) and a few chapters or a complete any and all of the above can count and work for entries!

Reactception
Group Admin

If a little bit of science is involved then multiverse can count as a Sci-Fi story! :pinkiehappy: (but don’t feel pressured to participate everytime.)

Hey, you linked the wrong folder.
The one you have there’s for the Period Piece from last contest.

Also, I wanted to ask about a specific character to make sure they qualify as a ‘villain’; Rolling Thunder.
In my mind, she’s part of the Washouts, which directly antagonize Scootaloo and are ‘thwarted’ in an episode, so I feel like she should qualify alongside Lightning Dust, but I’d like to make sure.

Well, I like participating in these competitions since they (usually) gear towards my niche of Sundagio :pinkiehappy: But yeah. The multiverse story I have in mind probably wouldn't have enough science to win. I still look forward to seeing what others make :twilightsmile:

Should it have an ending or can it be left unfinished?

Reactception
Group Admin

Having a complete story isn’t a must but it would be preferred.

👍:pinkiehappy:

Fixed the folder link! And yeah I’d consider any of the washouts minor villains so they count!

Can I make Sunset Shimmer the villain of the story and the villainess the heroine?

Reactception
Group Admin

Affirmative 👍

Hello. Can you help me repost the contest in the Hall of Contests group? Thank you.

Reactception
Group Admin

Will do soon

Comment posted by EileenSaysHi deleted Jul 10th, 2023

7853682 (Posting again since I forgot the reply tag the first time and I don't think it'll notify you if I add it later)

Are crossovers with a sci-fi setting (e.g. Star Trek, Star Wars) allowed?

Reactception
Group Admin

Sure as long as the main focus is sunset and her villain or ex villain lover!

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Flipping the script going from the past to the future!!!
By shipping best girl with hot Villains in Sci-Fi.
Futuristic, Cyberpunk, Dystopian, etc! Any kind of Sci-Fi will do

So are you considering future settings to be BETTER 'sci-fi' than past settings?

I ask partly because it seems to me that sci-fi can happen in the present day, or even the past. ("The Thing!" "Invasion of the Body Snatchers!")
and partly because Spyder seems worried about what is and isn't sci-fi.

Also, how do you feel about AUs?

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

If I ship Sunset Shimmer with Anon, or with Anonmare (Anonfilly grown up), will I be told that only MLP canon villains count for the contest so the story doesn't qualify?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18