Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Reactception
Group Admin

Story Theme:
What if Best bacon girl didn't exit the mirror portal to a 21st century earth. It wasn't somewhere else however, but somewhen.

Additional stipulation:
Any time period is game as long as it's pre-1980. You want 1950s Dash playing her guitar? Victorian Sci-Twi grumbling about woman’s rights, how about Pinkie Pie dancing old English dances? It's all game as long as it fits the theme.

Stories should be first posted/published between today May 9th 2023 to June 11th 2023 until midnight. Time zone: United States eastern.

Any length is appreciated, wanna short 1K-3K thing? Go for it. Got that epic you've finished but never uploaded? That’s pretty dope too.

SFW only please.

We made a folder in this group to put your entries in BEFORE THE DEADLINE!

If this is your first story ever on fimfiction.net and you're having trouble publishing it on this website, please send a link with view password to Reactception. Message me if you have questions about that.

Please include a link to the contest in your story description.

Judges:
Reactception: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/425344/Reactception

Moproblems Moharmoney:
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/501685/Moproblems+Moharmoney

The Prizes

1st Place:

• The story will be on the page description for two weeks, and the winner will get to choose the next Sunset x EG Villain competition (can’t be the same one). If they want to, they can co-judge for that competition. But if they don’t want to co-judge, they can of course compete again.

2nd Place:

• The story will get an honorable mention on the group description.
  • The winner will get a review of one of their stories (their choice) by Reactception.

3rd Place:

• The story submitted will be reviewed by Reactception.

Link to the folder for the competition:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215660/folder/79955/sunset-x-villain-period-piece-may-9th-2023-to-june-11th-2023

Oh my god. I have literally five ideas of stories I've been wanting to write for something like this. I will have to see if I have the time to compete, but if I do, count me in! :pinkiehappy: This will be so cool!

Oh, I forgot to ask. So, I assume this is allowed, but just to make sure, would be it alright to use Sunset Shimmer x Adagio Dazzle? I already have a couple of time periods in mind, but I was wondering if a Sundagio story would be alright? Would it also be alright if it was like a time travel story where the two of them visit different time periods or does it have to be set in one time setting?

Reactception
Group Admin

Any Sunset x Villain ship works this month so Sundagio is fine and traveling to different time is fine to as long as they are pre-1980 (and starting in modern day to jumping to pre-1980 is alright to)

"...and this is where my sisters and I defended Greece from hordes of Vikings"
"Wait what?"
"Lets go back and I'll show you!"
*wibbly wobbly time travel noises*

(THIS IS JUST A JOKE)

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Unfortunately, the most interesting shipfic idea I've thought of today that somehow involves Sunset Shimmer and a different time period doesn't work like this at all and it's banned from your contest.
:trollestia:

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

It appears not to fit the rules.

I'm finally getting around to writing a story for this competition. I've decided on a setting and a plot, but I was wondering if it is alright if we are a little bit historically inaccurate? I chose a setting where women don't have political rights, but in this story, I would be ignoring that/changing that to better fit the narrative.

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

What if Best bacon girl didn't exit the mirror portal to a 21st century earth. It wasn't somewhere else however, but somewhen.

Is Equestria Girls on earth?

Should be fine, at the end of the day its a magical girl setting.

It's wobbly, definitely A earth.

Reactception
Group Admin

I agree with Moproblems it’s fictional or doesn’t have to 100% historically accurate.

Close to earth as MLP has in terms of canon functionality!!

Believe it or not, I am still writing an entry to this competition~ I just struggled a lot recently when deciding what time era I would go for, but I should have my story ready by tonight or early tomorrow!

How did I miss this? Historical writing’s my forte! ;-;

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15