Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Reactception
Group Admin

Disclaimer: I forgot to post that December is the month we take a break from competition because it’s stressful and busy for many people. But I never posted the announcement so to those who were worried no the group isn’t ending.

Story Theme:
1 villain is not enough for the best bacon girl she requires 2 or more. It doesn’t have to have the villains together but at least 2 or more have to be getting that Sunset loving!!!

Stories should be first posted/published between tomorrow January 5th 2023 to February 2nd 2023 until midnight. Time zone: United States eastern.

Any length is appreciated, wanna short 1K-3K thing? Go for it. Got that epic you've finished but never uploaded? That’s awesome too.

We made a folder in this group to put your entries in BEFORE THE DEADLINE!

If this is your first story ever on fimfiction.net and you're having trouble publishing it on this website, please send a link with view password to Reactception. Message me if you have questions about that.

Please include a link to the contest in your story description.

Judges:
I’m going Solo this month if seems :derpyderp1:
Reactception: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/425344/Reactception

The Prizes

1st Place:

• The story will be on the page description for two weeks, and the winner will get to choose the next Sunset x EG Villain competition (can’t be the same one). If they want to, they can co-judge for that competition. But if they don’t want to co-judge, they can of course compete again.

2nd Place:

• The story will get an honorable mention on the group description.
  • The winner will get a review of one of their stories (their choice) by Reactception.

3rd Place:

• The story submitted will be reviewed by Reactception.

Link to the folder for the competition:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215660/folder/79247/sunset-shimmer-x-polyship-january-5th-2023-to-february-2nd-2023

Luminous Comet has chosen to not judge with me and participate as well.

This definitely sounds interesting... I have a question. Are love triangles allowed? Essentially where Sunset has feelings for two villains and it acts as a sort of drama in that sense? I have an idea if that is allowed :twilightsmile:

Reactception
Group Admin

I think that’s perfectly acceptable :twilightsmile:

Are we allowed to do stories that are sequels to previous contest entries? I have an idea that would be a sequel to The Great and Powerful Trixie Needs a Date (though no previous knowledge required beyond "Sunset and Trixie are dating").

Reactception
Group Admin

That should be fine especially if no previous knowledge is required to enjoy/understand the story!

Question - Does Gaia Everfree count as a villain?

Reactception
Group Admin

That’s a tricky/complex one since there isn’t much to go off especially assuming you’re talking about the monster/creature from the story and not Gloriosa’s powered up form. But I’ll allow it! :pinkiehappy:

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

What if it's a love triangle (or quadrangle etc.) and only one of Sunset's ship partners is a canon villain? Or is necessarily a villain at all?

Reactception
Group Admin

I’d say majority rules Sunset is with 2 people at least one is a villain or was a villain and the other can be whatever. 3 people with Sunset at least 2 have to be or were villains and so on. It doesn’t have to be a canon since it isn’t a specific character this month.

What if I can't get my first story through moderation before the contest deadline?

If that happens, can I send you a link to my unpublished story with the password to see it?

I want to read this

Reactception
Group Admin

Just send me the link on PM’s

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12