Generation 5 Group 323 members · 400 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

The reason I asked this is, Twilight created the Unity Crystals that held the 3 pony tribes' magic and the dragons have their magic tied to their Dragonstone, is it possible that the other races of Equestia did the same thing? Tied all their magic into a stone? I think that's the dumbest thing they did if you ask me. If those stones cannot be destroyed by magic, what about a powerful anti-magic or physical attack destroys the stones? Will magic permanently ceases to exist? I mean magic draining and dark magic was always defeated by harmony and friendship but... if their sources of magic gets destroyed, I don't think Magic of Friendship will help and save everyone if magic has been destroyed. I mean not even friendship can undo death or revived the dead when their sources of a creature's magic is destroyed.

Actually no, it makes perfect sense and if you ask me they did this in Gen 4 with the Elements of Harmony. It was thought for a really long time that their magic was tied to the Elements until they broke and I think something similar will happen in Gen 5.

Additionally it's heavily implied throughout both gens that magic is tied to the land itself and it often manifests in rocks and minerals. The Tree Of Harmony and the Crystal Heart, for example. It would also certainly explain why dragons ate gems as a preferred food source.

Yup I am hoping in future chapters we can explore more of that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4