Friendship Is Awesomes 294 members · 14,146 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Ragnarok17
Group Admin

The central theme of My Little Pony is friendship and a lot of antagonistic characters like Discord, Gilda, Trixie, Diamond Tiara & Silver Spoon, Garble, Babs Seed, Sunset Shimmer, Ahuizotl, Dr. Cabelleron, Starlight Glimmer, Stygian, Tempest Shadow and Neighsay ultimately redeemed themselves and accepting friendship while other villains like Chrysalis, Tirek and Cozy Glow doesn't redeemed themselves and rejected friendship in favor of evil.

So how would you ranked your Villain OCs from irredeemable monster who viewed friendships as a waste of time to someone who truly can redeem themselves and accepting friendships?

After all, it's called My Little Pony: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC

Okay, hope I understood correctly

I’m going to rank starting from most redeemable: (and counting my non-MLP villain OCs since the list would be pretty short)

Ruby
Sapphire (Stardust’s billy from another world)
Jasper (Another one of Stardust’s bullies)
Gumdrop (If I do end up turning her into one)
Bonfire
Pear
Nightshade (Literally unredeemable)
Dark Matter (Literally only created to destroy the world)

JNKing
Group Admin

I've always been a fan of morally gray characters. As a result, most of my Villain OCs, I fully believe are capable of becoming great heroes just as they are great villains.

Most redeemnable would definitely be Kodo; his intentions, at the end of the day, are always purely to protect his family. He has a paranoid streak, but he ultimately means well, and goes onto be a really heroic character.

Myst is trickier to place, since she is guilty of murder. However, she tends to only target other villains, even if her judgement can often be brought into question. And like Kodo, she refuses to hurt those she considers family. She's ultimately a very tortured soul that is in need of help, and as Aster and Darius have shown, she is capable of reforming; she just needs a lot of help to stay on the straight and narrow.

Similar to Myst, Fox Hound is capable of being a villain, as she is much more ruthless in her hunts, and will often follow the law to a disturbing degree. However, Cat Catcher's love was able to redeem her, and I believe it can do so again. She ultimately has good intentions - wanting to uphold the law - and as long as others obey said laws, she has no beef with them.

Danielle Dolores Dixon, Allison 'Tex' Churchill, and by extension the Riders of Drake, are hero antagonists, in that they're only considered bad guys because they oppose Myst, who has more sympathetic characters in her ranks. Dixon can be a little arrogant, but she is ultimately on board to protect her species. And if peace is achieved between the dragons and wolves, she's happy to go along with it. That being said, she's also very opportunistic, and doesn't miss chances to keep herself alive at the expense of others. However, despite her opportunistic behavior, she's still a soldier who swore to defend the innocent, and she will use that same opportunistic lifestyle to protect others. Tex is a little less patriotic, being a mercenary that's in it to get paid, but she can similarly be convinced to help the good guys if the pay check's worth it.

Next one would be Diamondback - yes, I do consider her a villain OC in that her loyalty can be pretty sketchy. However, she ultimately wants to try and help others; she just believes she can only do that from a position of godhood. She tries to maintain good relationships with others, and is more of a fallen hero like Luna rather than straight up evil like Sombra.

Nick Connors can swing to hero or villain, depending on which path gets him what he wants, but luckily, what he wants is order. He directly opposes Luco's chaos, and wants everything to stay in perfect harmony. And that lines him up perfectly with Celestia and by extension Twilight's desires. However, if anyone should desire freedom, they would quickly find Connors to be an enemy, as he wants everyone to stay in a secure environment, and he's not shy about using blackmail or coercion to ensure the safety and security of his nation remains absolute.

Luco would be the second most irredeemable villain, as he wouldn't reject the idea of friendship, but he does believe that chaos only makes others stronger, and would be very reluctant to give up his trickster ways. He's very much like Discord in that regard, only he considers it vital that conflict be allowed to endure. Plus, he and Connors are naturally opposed to each other, as Connors represents order, while Luco represents chaos. Getting them to get along with each other would be a hard task. But it could still be accomplished.

And finally, I consider Antenna - or more accurately, her villainous persona Anaconda - to be completely irredeemable, as she is a serial rapist who ruins the lives of countless men, turning them into her sex slaves and ruining their lives so they have no one else to turn to aside from her. She's very much like Chrysalis in that regard, as she sees their lives as just hers to take advantage of, and will constantly try to put herself up as the victim.

I'm very uncomfortable writing about Anaconda, which is why I'm more comfortable with her heroic persona Antenna, who thankfully lacks these traits, and is much more willing to work with the good guys.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

I'm very uncomfortable writing about Anaconda, which is why I'm more comfortable with her heroic persona Antenna, who thankfully lacks these traits, and is much more willing to work with the good guys.

Yeah, I could see why since you did talk about what happened to your friend.

Also, Rash wouldn't be able to forgive her if she went her villainous route and understand why Fox was reluctant to be around her and her lack of trust toward Antenna.

Plus, those Asexual Ponies who tries to lynch her would be Properly Paranoid about Antenna if she gives in to her villainous persona.

Myst is trickier to place, since she is guilty of murder. However, she tends to only target other villains, even if her judgement can often be brought into question. And like Kodo, she refuses to hurt those she considers family. She's ultimately a very tortured soul that is in need of help, and as Aster and Darius have shown, she is capable of reforming; she just needs a lot of help to stay on the straight and narrow.

Well, it's like a situation with Discord where he can't control himself and have a hard time of doing friendship stuffs (at first)

I could see Myst having a hard time of doing friendship stuffs and trying to move away from her murderous side and need help from Darius and Aster.

Similar to Myst, Fox Hound is capable of being a villain, as she is much more ruthless in her hunts, and will often follow the law to a disturbing degree. However, Cat Catcher's love was able to redeem her, and I believe it can do so again. She ultimately has good intentions - wanting to uphold the law - and as long as others obey said laws, she has no beef with them.

I can imagine Rash would help Fox to redeem herself cause like Kodo, Rash doesn't want his mom to go to the wrong route.

Luco would be the second most irredeemable villain, as he wouldn't reject the idea of friendship, but he does believe that chaos only makes others stronger, and would be very reluctant to give up his trickster ways. He's very much like Discord in that regard, only he considers it vital that conflict be allowed to endure. Plus, he and Connors are naturally opposed to each other, as Connors represents order, while Luco represents chaos. Getting them to get along with each other would be a hard task. But it could still be accomplished.

I'm a bit surprised he doesn't reject the idea of friendship cause Friendship means peace which something he hates the most.

He's not a peace-loving guy and in my personal opinion, he's a weird kid who like to cause nothing but chaos and doesn't want to sing about friendship or peace… having 2 characters being buddy-buddy with each other means no more fights or conflicts for Luco.

I had a strong feeling that he wasn't popular in his school before becoming Luco.

Awesome work! :pinkiehappy:

Moonlight Skywalker (My OC, who happens to be the Mane Six's antagonist): He believes in friendship and is a fervent believer that loyalty, generosity, and honesty are vital in life.

However, he has very strong ideas regarding justice and fairness, which has pushed him to distance himself from the more idealistic and overly optimistic views of the Mane Six - as well as beginning to criticize the princesses' rule -; all of this has led him to be labeled as a possible threat to Equestria, especially after single-handedly staging an anti-royalist and openly anti-Celestia movement, which ended up dragging several sympathizers to the cause.

He isn't one in need of redemption, since he's no villain - but merely an antagonist who seeks similar goals to the Mane Six, by using different methods (not questionable ones though).

From those who can be redeemed to the worst of the worst.

Orion Reaper - While he has done many things, at the end of the day, he only did it to get his beloved back as well as his home. And he only believes that Aura was the one responsible but he can be convinced that it wasn't his fault. As he only hated Aura and stopped his evil once he thought he was dead.

Hanzo - he is more of a mercenary for hire. While he is more keen on the idea of murder, he isn't without honor. And just like how Orion hated Aura, Hanzo hated Lü Bu, and wishes to see him burn in Hell. So he can be redeemed, but is a little harder then Orion since he is more stubborn.

Fenrir - Fenrir is a bit tricky to explain. Since I want to explain his reasoning in a future post, but I can say a few things. All his evil is not without reason. He genuinely believes that what he is doing to necessary to achieve TRUE peace. But he wouldn't go towards the idea other then his own due to seeing the results of all that.

Gallant Knight - The second most irredeemable is Gallant Knight. The abusive father who made Mystic's childhood a living hell. And not just his, but Gladius as well, though not as much as he still had his wife to tone down the crazy. But once she died die to giving birth to Mystic, all Gallant wanted was to make his son suffer for her death. He also believes that power is all that matters and would do anything to get it. But even he is tame compared to the worst.

Inanis Anima - and to no suprise at all, Inanis Anima is considered the most irredeemable by far. From murder for fun to conquering an entire timeline, his entire existence is to make everyone suffer and create chaos for his master/creator/father Eki. And even though Eki just sees him as a mere toy, Inanis is too loyal to see that. And that isn't it, he literally lacks the ability to feel empathy or mercy. His name Inanis Anima, is translated to Empty Soul. He feels nothing, making him the perfect killing machine, yet he still enjoys making those suffer.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Orion Reaper - While he has done many things, at the end of the day, he only did it to get his beloved back as well as his home. And he only believes that Aura was the one responsible but he can be convinced that it wasn't his fault. As he only hated Aura and stopped his evil once he thought he was dead.

Does he have a Heel Realization when he realizes he's a villain when his love interest and everyone from his home rejected him for the way he act evil?

Gallant Knight - The second most irredeemable is Gallant Knight. The abusive father who made Mystic's childhood a living hell. And not just his, but Gladius as well, though not as much as he still had his wife to tone down the crazy. But once she died die to giving birth to Mystic, all Gallant wanted was to make his son suffer for her death. He also believes that power is all that matters and would do anything to get it. But even he is tame compared to the worst.

Since you did post Inanis' final words after being turn to a stone by princesses, what would be Gallant Knight's final words when the princesses has enough of him after they considered beyond redemption turn him into a stone?

[Insert Gallant Knight's final words before being imprisoned in stone for good]

I just curious about his final words.

Does he have a Heel Realization when he realizes he's a villain when his love interest and everyone from his home rejected him for the way he act evil?

Oh definitely. That is when he would turn towards the light again. Not going back to the Guardians, as he would think that they would never let him rejoin, but he would help out from the shadows. Trying to redeem himself.

Since you did post Inanis' final words after being turn to a stone by princesses, what would be Gallant Knight's final words when the princesses has enough of him after they considered beyond redemption turn him into a stone?

His final words before being turned to stone? Let's see...

"You cannot do this to me! I am Gallant Knight! The most powerful Knight in my clan! You are all nothing to me! When I get out of here, YOU WILL ALL SUFFER!"

Thanks for sharing.:pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

Also, Rash wouldn't be able to forgive her if she went her villainous route and understand why Fox was reluctant to be around her and her lack of trust toward Antenna.

Plus, those Asexual Ponies who tries to lynch her would be Properly Paranoid about Antenna if she gives in to her villainous persona.

Exactly, yeah.

I could see Myst having a hard time of doing friendship stuffs and trying to move away from her murderous side and need help from Darius and Aster.

Darius and Aster wouldn't be the only help; Twilight and the Mane Six - at least in their pony forms - have a very calming effect on Myst due to being horses instead of humans. Hence, while I would not recommend Myst go to the Equestria Girls land, she is rather fond of the ponies, and would befriend them, not even caring about the species difference. After all, it's only humans she has a problem with, and even then, Darius and Aster are helping her keep that problem under control.

But woe betide any humanoid enemy that rejects Twilight's offers of friendship or for that matter anyone that does evil. Because Myst will not hold back on them if they choose to remain the enemies of her friends.

I can imagine Rash would help Fox to redeem herself cause like Kodo, Rash doesn't want his mom to go to the wrong route.

Rash would be a very positive influence on Fox, primarily due to his desire for redemption. While Cat does his best, he still loves the thrill of thieving, and has a hard time letting go of it for Fox's sake. Rash doesn't seem to have that problem, and is fully focused on redeeming himself, something that Fox would deeply appreciate and want to help him with.

I'm a bit surprised he doesn't reject the idea of friendship cause Friendship means peace which something he hates the most.

He's not a peace-loving guy and in my personal opinion, he's a weird kid who like to cause nothing but chaos and doesn't want to sing about friendship or peace… having 2 characters being buddy-buddy with each other means no more fights or conflicts for Luco.

On the contrary, just because people are friends doesn't mean they can't get into arguments or fights with each other. And in Luco's mind, those fights are even more intense since there was an emotional bond there before, adding a factor on how willing these old friends are to disagree or even fight each other.

So, he'd sing about friendship and peace 'at first'... but he'd also be eager to see when they get into arguments or conflicts, and allow him to see just how strong the bonds of friendship can hold up under strain.

I had a strong feeling that he wasn't popular in his school before becoming Luco.

He wasn't. As Lucas Cooper, he was honestly like Speed or what Raziel fears becoming; a nobody. Girls didn't even look Lucas' way, and guys didn't think he was worth bullying. He was always just an odd kid who would constantly read Grimoires and different books about demons, hoping to summon one that would be his friend. And when he finally managed to summon Discord, and saw how much Discord loved chaos, Lucas got a little too into chaos trying to please him, until he got hooked on the power he got from being able to cause fights.

Always happy to share. :twilightsmile:

I only have one, but he’s completely incapable of redemption.

I say Claw is probably in low to middle end evil since there are time where Claw show his happy non-evil side

Odium - Arguably the most redeemable out of my MLP Villain OCs and OCs in general (including my Sonic OCs). He was raised to help others and stop injustice out of the genuine kindness of his heart despite his antagonistic and isolated upbringing. Underneath that serious and determined front lies a very awkward and idealistic dork with not a lot of experience in the outside world. And while he does get punished or killed for his actions after rejecting the Mane Six's friendship out of penance, he possibly does get released on parole.

Calypso - Unfortunately, it was a toss between her and Sid (MLP). While her actions and goals are much smaller compared to Sid (MLP), she is more morally repugnant as she was willing to brainwash and use her adoptive son, Odium, for her own revenge plan against the Mane Six. However, she does have some good left in her. All she wanted was to help others and for Odium to do the same during the time where revenge consumed her after her past. She also knows that she's too far gone due to her actions and accepts her death out of self-hatred, as well as wishes for Odium to have a brighter future than her own. Sure, it doesn't excuse her actions or Odium's, but it does give her more depth than just being evil for the sake of it.

Sid (MLP) - Probably the most comedic and one of the most ambitious villain out of my OC rogues gallery. Though, even he has a lot of redeemable qualities and a tragic backstory. While he is arguably the most evil one so far in terms of my MLP villain OCs, he's still a very friendly and approachable guy whose motivation for trying the take over the planet is to get rid of its hardships and turmoil for both his late mother and the horrible accident that made him evil in the first place.

While I have made a few purely evil OCs before, I haven't made any MLP OCs that are purely evil yet. Since these three as well as one of my Sonic OCs and first antagonist OC, Ominous (despite his goals, ambitions, powers, and backstory being much larger than all of them combined), are more morally grey and tragic than malicious, I can only show the ones I have so far in terms of villainy in MLP. Maybe I should make a purely evil MLP OC villain in the future if needed, but for now, I'll just stick with these three for this thread.

Do you think I have too many sympathetic villains? Not just for MLP, but in general (including my Sonic OCs besides my heroic ones).

Only character of mine that might fit is Cosmos (which isn't even her actual name). I say might because good and evil are mortal concepts, and Cosmos is the god of my stories. Her mindset and motivations are incomprehensable to all but herself.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14