Friendship Is Awesomes 294 members · 14,125 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
JNKing
Group Admin

Recently re-watched Age of Ultron, and now I can't get this idea out of my head. Figured I'd write it down, share with you guys, and see who your OCs would be as well.

Please enjoy. :pinkiesmile:

Shiva - Dr. Strange

The Master of the Mystic Arts, and a guardian that protects earth from magical and extra-dimensional threats.

After Chill_Author's post where Grasshopper Man went to Shiva for help, I couldn't help but see Shiva fitting into the role of this extra-dimensional protector, even if her main priority is just to make sure people like Frieza, Kaido or Ryker from the Displaced Tournament don't bother her or her family.

Plus, her pack link power did give her some control over portals, so she'd probably have some fun messing with Luco like how Strange did with Loki.

Luke - Korg

A gladiator that Thor/Frostbite meets while captured by the grandmaster. He becomes an ally over the course of Frostbite's time in the ring.

At first, I thought Luke would do okay as Drax. However, Korg not only is very similar to how Shiva met Luke in both 'Howlite Howler' and 'Of Scales and Fur,' but he also has Luke's more pleasant demeanor, even though Luke was admittedly more serious in 'Howlite Howler.'

Celine - Gamora

A young woman taken in and modified by Thanos to become a warrior and master assassin.

Celine has usually been the Token Good Teammate of any pack she's on, and I had an idea for a story where she recognizes that Kodo's falling to darkness and leaves once it becomes clear she can't convince him by continuing to aid him.

Speaking of Kodo...

Kodo - Nebula

One of the children of Thanos, cybernetically enhanced to be a savage killer.

I liked the idea of Kodo being an antagonist who does a Heel-Face Turn, and while I did struggle with whether he should be Nebula or Loki, I ultimately felt that someone else was better suited to Loki, and that Kodo was a better fit for Nebula.

One minor deviation from Nebula's canon, however, is that Kodo never lost to Celine. Rather, he deliberately threw his fights so that Thanos wouldn't hurt her, being willing to take the extra enhancements both to protect her and in the hopes that it actually was making him stronger. So, he'd be pretty peeved when Celine apparently turned on him.

Logan - Rocket Racoon

A bounty hunter with a penchant for heavy weaponry and bombs, who also happens to be a talking raccoon (or in Logan's case, wolf)

While I had other wolf characters that might have worked better - or at least matched Rocket in terms of intelligence - I feel Logan was the one who would capture Rocket's rebellious nature. And his connection to Shiva means he does have the Pack Link, even if he doesn't like using it, meaning he would have some skill in electronics that could transfer over.

Red - Black Widow

A key agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, formerly an agent of a rival faction before turning to good.

I've been trying to give Red a bit of a femme fatale with a heart of gold schtick, and I feel Black Widow manages to capture that feeling very well. From her kickass skills to her kindness and determination to do the right thing, Black Widow is everything I was hoping Red would be.

Though, obviously, she doesn't get together with Kodo in this continuity.

Darius - Hawkeye

A sharpshooter and agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

This is mostly due to their preference in weapons. Not much else to say.

Myst - Bucky Barnes

A former sleeper agent assassin, who escapes her programming and tries to find a new meaning in life.

I liked the idea of Myst managing to make the transition from a heartless killer to a more heroic individual. Despite her violent methods, Myst has always had the good of those she cared about at heart. So if forced to hurt her loved ones to complete a mission, she'd definitely falter the way Bucky did.

Jazz - Star Lord

A former Ravager, current intergalactic outlaw and leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

This is due more to their combined interest in music, and because I liked Star Wing more as Captain America.

Since I've been writing Jazz as being older than the others, she'd carry with her a bit more maturity than Star Lord usually has, though it wouldn't stop her from blasting Ego when he revealed he killed her mother, nor would it stop her from enjoying music. However, it would stop her from messing up the first plan to stop Thanos, combined with her relationship with Celine/Gamora being a bit more platonic, as Jazz is a bit more of a grandmother figure.

Star Wing - Captain America

A perfect soldier created to defend the world, who was briefly frozen in ice for several years before being thawed out to continue her duty.

While I did like the idea of Star Wing being Star Lord (whom she has more inspiration from), I couldn't resist the idea of Star being Captain America. Especially with a story I've been working on ('Star of the Sea,' made in collaboration with Silver Dragon Blade Wing) having Star literally spend a thousand years in ice.

Plus, I feel Star would bring an extra layer of humor to Cap's role. Like in Winter Soldier when Black Widow/Red is offering possible dates, Star would mention how she's not only already met them, but gone out with them, getting to show off her casanova nature.

Blue Moon - Scarlet Witch

A young woman imbued with powerful magic, hoping to use it to hold those responsible for tragedy accountable.

This one was tricky, but I ultimately went with Moon due to her pairing with Ragnarok17's Ryder, though I will admit, I'm uneasy for Ryder since he'd have to be either Quicksilver or Vision.

Frost Bite - Thor

The Norse God of Thunder (or in this case ice).

This was also tricky, but I ultimately went with Thor for Frost because his personality in his first movie matched hers, with them both being overconfident and egotistical. Seeing Frost develop the same way Thor did and becoming a bit more genial and humble would be an interesting path for Frost to take.

Fox Hound - Black Panther

The protector of Wakanda/Equestria.

Fox mostly got this role due to Black Panther's role in Civil War - tracking down Bucky for supposedly killing his father. Fox Hound was literally made based on the character that never stops chasing someone, and it'd be interesting to see how she further develops along Black Panther's timeline, though I'm not sure who she'd have to fight in place of Killmonger, or how Wakanda would factor into her story. At least not yet.

Cat Catcher - Ant Man

A former thief seeking to make amends for his crimes.

Again, this is more due to occupation. Cat Catcher was a thief, same as Scott Lang, and I liked the idea of him getting a chance at redemption after trying to steal something important.

One major deviation would be that Cat is a lot smoother and suave than Scott is. Where Scott is very awkward and stuttering, Cat would be more calm and collected. And Scott's line in Endgame about how Captain America has 'America's a$$,' Cat would say how Star Wing has 'Equestria's a$$' in a more flirtatious manner (remember, he's not married to Fox in this)

Ricochet - Bruce Banner

A brilliant scientist who suffered a bad accident, resulting in him gaining the ability to turn into a raging monster.

I'll admit, Ricochet's relationship with the Hulk/Jackknife is a bit more like Eddie Brock.

But she still manages to carry a certain level of brilliance. Though she's also equally willing to get into fights, and Jackknife isn't triggered by her anger, but rather when she gets into situations that she needs help getting out of. So, in 'Avengers' Jackknife wouldn't get triggered by her getting mad, instead he'd have to be deliberately enraged into a frenzy by the scepter. Similar to what happened to Hulk in Age of Ultron.

Speaking of which...

Jackknife - Hulk

Bruce Banner/Ricochet's alter ego who comes out to play when Banner/Rico is in danger or just angry.

Admittedly, Jackknife is more like Venom than Hulk.

But he still serves the same function as a super mode that Rico uses to get out of tight spots.

A small deviation in Infinity War; there's a bit more focus on why Jackknife/Hulk won't come out, with Jackknife admitting that Thanos scared the crap out of him, and that now he's worried he can't protect Ricochet. Instead of Rico deciding to fight on her own, both of them realize that they have to work together, and manage to form a more seamless duo that works better together, sort of becoming like the Professor Hulk character, but with more build up and a better payoff to it.

Swift - Falcon

A former Pararescue member who forms a friendship with Captain America/Star Wing, he joins the Avengers after helping Star Wing stop an attempt to take over the government.

This one was pretty easy, Falcon, Swift, both are birds. And I couldn't really see much else to them, though Swift would probably be a bit more nervous than Falcon is, and not as snarky as a result.

Blaze - War Machine

Tony Stark/Diamondback's best friend and military liaison to Stark/Terra-Tech Industries.

I've been toying with a plot line where Blaze loses her powers, and has to compensate with a suit gifted to her by Diamondback. This timeline would pretty much follow that version of Blaze, with her being crippled before the events of the MCU, and using Diamondback's suits to allow herself to get back into the field.

And obviously, she's not related to or really knows Luco that much in this timeline. Speaking of whom...

Luco - Loki

The Norse God of Mischief and younger brother to Thor/Frostbite.

Was there really any doubt about this one? Both desire chaos, and both regularly cause trouble for everyone around them. It was a match made in heaven.

Diamondback - Iron Man

The original team benefactor of the Avengers and one of the main protagonists.

This version of Diamondback is far more heroic than my original version, using her power over earth to craft her suits rather than building them from scratch. It does admittedly give her suits more of a gem and stone feeling (since that's what they're made of) but it doesn't stop them from being very effective.

Wildvine - Groot

A mobile, sapient tree golem who serves as Rocket/Logan's bodyguard/friend.

This was definitely due to Wildvine and Groot sharing powers over trees and plantlike (Wildvine's sedation skills are a result of her being able to mass produce cannabis, something she can extend to other plants if she so desires). Not sure how I'd handle her dying and coming back as a sproutling, though she'd probably have elements of the same character - ala instead of spending all her time playing a video game in Infinity War, she's just smoking.

Well, I can't say who my oc would be but I gonna say who are they similar to

Apollo and Thor

I say Apollo is similar to Thor since both almost have the similar arc and character trait and both are gods. And if you are wondering, Apollo does have a friend/brother that is similar Loki, but the difference is that their relationship is like in the Marvel What If Episode 'What If Thor Was The Only Child'

Sky/Thunder, Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch

What makes Sky/Thunder similar to Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch is that Sky has the mind and spells as Doctor Stange and the power of the Scarlet Witch. Since Sky is an elemental dragon. Also, Sky lost his twin brother and family and do to this Sky would get angry at creatures who feel sorry for him. But Sky would get close to those who lost a love one that they care about and for some like Sky best friend, Storm, would feel sorry for him but doesn't say anything and just move on

JNKing
Group Admin

Cool.

Nice touch taking from the What If episodes of Thor. I never really watched those, but they sound interesting in concept.

Also sounds like Sky has a lot in common with Scarlet Witch. When you say 'mind and spells' you mean that Sky has a similar personality?

Thank you for sharing. :pinkiehappy: 👍

For Mind and Spell comment. Yes, he has a similar personality but in his own way. And Yes, I thought it would be cool for Apollo and his friend/brother to be similar to Thor and Loki in the Thor episode from the What If series. Also, Storm is like that Hawkeye to Sky since from Age Of Ultron and Civil War. Hawkeye and Wanda seem to have a good bond and if the two have more screen time together. Hawkeye would probably be that father figure to Wanda. Same with Sky and Storm but more brothers

Thanos - Thanos

A man who needs no introduction, Thanos.

I know, Thanos is Thanos, but hear me out. They're fitting because we definitely see some elements of Thanos during the War Arc of Against All Odds, Thanos is ruthless, cunning, yet he is also forgiving. He stops at nothing to complete his goal, even if it means sacrificing the one he loves the most. He's strong enough to go toe to toe with the greatest fighters in the universe and when he won... He just made a farm.

A nice farm where he could live the rest of his days in peace, that's what Thanos wishes to do after the Great War of Hell and Tartarus.

Hit - Daredevil

Just a guy trying to do what's right and trying to get by, he is a hero and a lawyer, smart in battle and mind.

Matt Murdock was perfect for Hit, (The Winter Soldier was perfect as well but I wanna be unique.) nothing much to say but they're just normal people, trying to live their lives and yet they fight.

Michael Jackson (Grasshopper Man) - Peter Parker (Spider-Man)

Spider-Man, an Avenger, and the Friendly Neighborhood Hero, at first he wanted to be something more but now, he wants nothing but to be neighborhoodly.

You saw this coming, I saw this coming, Nappa saw this coming. WE ALL SAW THIS COMING! Grasshopper Man is based on Spider-Man, all of them, Miles, Andrew, Tobey, and Tom. He fights for what he believes in and is always willing to prove himself because he feels like he's weak after not saving his mother. And besides, he's always ready to quip in danger or out of it, and besides, his first fatherly figure was Aurum Avis, a CEO.

Aurum Avis - Green Goblin

Norman Osborn, a man who was down on his luck despite being a CEO, desperate, he hatched a plan to save the company. But he messed up and became Spider-Man's worst nightmare and archenemy, Green Goblin.

Aurum and Goblin have one thing in common, they want to make their enemy's life miserable. They want them to see that their way is the only way and that no one could stop them if they worked together. And an added bonus, they're CEOs who had people who saw them as a father. And I could see Aurum saying this quote.

"Peter/Michael, you're struggling to have everything you want, while the world tries to make you choose."

Ivo Ivory - The Lizard

Dr. Curtis Conners was an amputee, only one arm but he wanted it back, so he made an experiment, and eventually, he turned it into a "cure" and when he evolved into The Lizard. He thought it better if everyone was like that.

I'm being honest, Ivo was not based on The Lizard, but they have too many similarities. Nothing much to say, they have the same goals and they're animals.

Mr. Mask - Dr. Otto Octavius Brine

Dr. Otto Octavius once had a wife and a bright and shining future. But that all changed when he made the Arms. (Which fun fact, is Nanotechnology) He made those arms as only a piece of his main goal, to make unlimited energy, to use his genius for the good of mankind. But he turned himself into a monster instead.

Mr. Mask's wife, Michelle Jackson, died by the hands of Aurum, it wasn't his fault yet he feels like it is. He teaches Grasshopper Man more about the real world, it's a cruel place, full of treacherous knaves and fools. And he is one of them. He hates himself, he's split between loving and hating Michael. Derrel wants to care for Michael and start over, Mr. Mask wants to teach Grasshopper Man how the world works.

I have no idea who Warden Fortis, Locust, or Beowolf would be. Athena would be Hela, but I'm too lazy to put it in. (Yet.}

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

* Kyan- Doctor Strange

* Eki- Thanos

* Argo- Baron Mordo

* Felix Phoenix- Star-Lord

* Bob Wallstreet- J. Jonah Jameson

* Green Hawk- Hawkeye (especially Ronin)

* Thunder Queen- Thor

* Borgman- Drax

* Dark Mark- Rocket Raccoon

* Speed Demon Kid- Spider-Man

* Insect Girl- Mantis

* Grandmaster Kazuya- The Mandarin

* General Reinhardt Rasputin- Hela

* Red Star Jin- Shang-Chi

* Static Burst- Ultron

* Dr. Madame Lynn- Green Goblin

* Ryder- Vision

* Azazel- Captain America

* Rash- Hulk

* Scarlet- Bruce Banner

* V- Baron Zemo

Me (Pummel Fist) - Spider-Man

Since I'm technically my own OC, it would only make sense that Pummel Fist would play the role of a hero who goes to school like your everyday student... when bad guys aren't threatening his home town, at least.

Helix - Hawkeye

They're both cool guys who use a bow and arrow. Nothing much more to it.

Splash Hoof and Torrent Blast - Thor and Loki respectively

Sure, Thor uses lightning and not water, but Splash Hoof can use his water magic to cause lightning. You know how thunderclouds create lightning, right?

And sure, Torrent Blast didn't cause an entire army to take over the world, but he's still mischievous and didn't have a very good relationship with his brother before his reformation and after the forest fire in the Moor of Icirrus.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yoshifan would be spider man

JNKing
Group Admin

Thank you all for sharing.
Makes sense; you guys have a lot in common.

Helix - Hawkeye

They're both cool guys who use a bow and arrow. Nothing much more to it.

Once again, I feel that Helix and Darius would be best bros if they got to spend more time together.

Splash Hoof and Torrent Blast - Thor and Loki respectively

I was going to guess that they'd be Thor and Loki. Either them or Nebula and Gamora. Those are the two main sibling pairs I can think of, anyway. :twilightsheepish:

Awesome choices.

Rash and Scarlet being Hulk and Banner just makes me love them more, and makes me think of Jackknife and Rico being symbiote siblings with Rash and Scarlet.

And, of course, awesome that Ryder is Vision so he and Moon can remain together. Nice. :twilightsmile:

I was guessing that Grasshopper Man was going to be Spiderman. You mentioned some of the inspirations before - Green Goblin for Aurum, Spiderman for Grasshopper Man - but it's still awesome to read how they're similar. :pinkiehappy:

I am a little surprised Rhino Beetle wasn't the Rhino - they seemed pretty similar - but I look forward to seeing who Rhino Beetle will be, along with Locust and Beowolf.

Thank you all again. 👍

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9