Free Speech Group 72 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Bendy
Group Admin

Why are we expected to care about literal royalty? Or former royalty in this case. These people live in a mansion with millions (if not billions) of dollars. I do not care about your petty problems. We have people working ridiculously hard and barely making ends meet to feed their families and yet we're expected to care about literal royalty?

They babble on about such trivial garbage.

And yet, we have so many mainstream news companies paying attention to royalty? Like what the hell is this?

Am I dumb for thinking like this? Am I the one who is wrong?

You're not being dumb. The problem is that for every person who's struggling to make ends meet and doing their best to get through life, there's at least one person who's looking for some way to escape that, and a third who wastes time on the insipid and banal. And the media caters to the latter two more than it does the first one.

I've got nothing against Prince Harry or Meghan. I personally think that the media is sensationalizing any sort of rift in the royal family for its own benefit - "if it bleeds, it leads" and all that. At the same time, as someone who is struggling to make ends meet and deal with my own problems, I simply don't have the will to care about the goings-on in their lives beyond expressing sympathy for the passing of Queen Elizabeth II.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7791814 You're wrong. You've become the very thing you hate.

Nobody thought about royalty until you published this thread. You're doing the same thing that mainstream news is doing.

You're paying attention to royalty. You should be doing the exact opposite and not pay attention to them.

Bendy
Group Admin

Yeah perhaps. I'm not taking clearly I had some beers.

That's a good mindset.

Leondude
Group Admin

My government is probably gonna have my head for saying this but I agree with what you're saying.

Words of wisdom!

I haven't given them a single thought ever (or read any articles), and I'm not going to start now. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6