Free Speech Group 72 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Leondude
Group Admin

https://www.thegamer.com/pokimane-says-women-struggle-glass-ceiling-twitch/

Glass ceiling, my arse! I'd be lucky to have even 100 views on my Twitch streams. Hell, I'd even like someone to stalk me (but hopefully not go all Mark David Chapman on my arse).

women deal with stalkers, they deal with annoying fucks, and they deal with men bothering them.

Mate, I deal with those last two things on my YouTube and DeviantArt. :rainbowlaugh:

BTW, I am drunk while typing this so only half-thinking about what I'm saying. :twilightsmile:

Pokimane recently pointed out that while women might have an “easier” time breaking into Twitch, female streamers have to contend with a “glass ceiling” when they become established on the platform.

What fucking glass ceiling? Being established on Twitch is the fucking end goal. There's nothing left to strive for once you're established.

This reminds me of Taylor Swift's song "The Man," wherein a rich and powerful white girl complains that she didn't get rich and powerful fast enough, despite having been born rich and powerful.

Just some out-of-touch millionaires whining that they have to interact with lowly plebeians. Words cannot express the sheer disdain I have for people like them. Celebrity culture needs to die.

Bendy
Group Admin

Just another rich person complaining about how awful their life is.

People who have never known financial struggle complaining about how rough things are for them.

Out-of-touch is putting it lightly. It's honestly disgusting.

Bendy
Group Admin

And they always... tend to vote left for some reason. Don't even seem to try to look at the other side.

Leondude
Group Admin

I know, right?

I'm living on benefits in a council house in Wales. What have these rich people got to complain about?

And then you have these female Twitch streamers complaining about their fans annoying them even though they have a huge advantage over their male counterparts (namely, that they're good-looking women and a majority of their audience are horny dudes) and therefore should be grateful to have hundreds of fans anyway.

Bullshit, any young woman who is even remotely attractive has a huge advantage in gaining a presence on social media thanks to all the thirsty guys out there. They don't even need to flash their tits to get attention (although they can get major bonus points for that). The largest amount of views I ever got on a Youtube video was 3,000 and that was years ago back before I became subject to shadow banning for wrongthink.

If you want to see less clickbait like that, you shouldn't promote it by linking to it directly. Try archive.today.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8