Positive Ponies 3,479 members · 1,461 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

If we're on a site dedicated to talking magical ponies, why not include Mr. Ed, the original talking horse. Obviously before even the first MLP show, since this is in black and white. I can't imagine a black and white MLP show being very popular unless it was in one episode as some sort of dramatic inclusion, like turning everything black and white to make it look like an old-time detective movie, in that episode where Pinkie is accusing others of eating her cake with no evidence, and her friendship lesson in that episode was don't jump to conclusions before getting all the fact, since falsely accusing your friends could hurt their feelings. If they did scenes in that episode to play around with the detective motif of the episode, it would be interesting IMO

I'm Mr. Ed!

Unrelated to talking horses but the first equine tailbiting was the pegasi in Fantasia.

There was the episode where Rarity played at being a crime noire PšŸ‘

In the Fandom itself there are a few artists who played around with rubber hose style ponies in the vein of Steamboat Willie.

I grew up watching just about everything Nickelodeon offered when I was a kid, including stuff like Mr. Ed, I Love Lucy, and F-Troop on Nick at Nite. Honestly, shows and movies from that era have always fascinated me. I wouldn't mind seeing a black-and-white MLP show in the least. :twistnerd:

Not just artwork, either. I remember one of the [SFM Ponies] Doors videos briefly showed Twilight in that style of animation.

Does Francis the Talking Mule count? He was before Mr. ED!:pinkiecrazy:

And don't forget about all the fan parodies of Casa Blanca, 3 Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, etc.

Francis was Awesome!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8