The Insane Creators Guild 641 members · 2,344 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Kama and Hallie
Group Contributor

For me, it's easily the Ju-On movies. These movies legit gave me nightmares three times. The fact that the ghosts can appear anywhere at anytime, and there's nothing you can do to avoid them, always scared me. Kayako is easily one of the scariest horror movie characters out there.

Vertigo22
Group Contributor

Sinister.

Chrome Masquerade
Group Contributor

I think it's a die roll between Gothika,

Final Destination,

The Evil Dead,

The Number 23

and... possibly Alien?:unsuresweetie:

SeventhBrony
Group Contributor

7971502 The closest America has ever had to these kind of movies were the old Hitchcock and Sterling movies and they can't compare since those were high end movies compared to those Oriental movies which are only high mid tier.
Their high end scary movies are in a whole other spectrum

Diokno44
Group Contributor

I mean, TBF, Ju-On and such were, IIRC, made on a lower end budget, and they're still great slowburn/folklore horror

King of Madness
Group Contributor

Perfect Blue. That movie is like a 90 minute panic attack.

Lord Shadow Eclipse
Group Contributor

Same for me, actually. I saw the one with Sarah Michelle Gellar as the lead and it still terrifies me to this day! The acting for Kayako and building her up as an onryo was phenomenally terrifying!

sevenofeleven
Group Contributor

Good question.
The Ju-On/Grudge movies were somewhat scary.
I like that it spread to Chicago.

The Ring series was pretty interesting.

The original Evil Dead movies had a bit of comedy mixed in them.
The remake was just horror but I thought it was good.

Hereditary was the only movie I couldn't finish.
I lost a close relative recently and something about the movie just hit too hard.
No fear involved.

Unfortunately, the news seems to provoke more fear and nightmares for me.

Chrome Masquerade
Group Contributor

forgot about that one!

Chrome Masquerade
Group Contributor

There was another that I forget the name of.

The gist was that a race of aliens were doing an experiment to see if they could separate the relationship of mother and child by ,making every woman forget that they ever were mothers. Part of what made it scary, -aside from the implications- is that when ANYONE got too close to things, they'd suddenly get tractor beamed into the sky.... and they're gone.

Also, The Langoliers, to a lesser extent than my first picks.

The Ranger
Group Admin

I agree with you 100%, Ju-On is terrifying. Which is why it's my favorite horror franchise of all time, because they scare me shittless. I've seen so many horror movies that for a movie to even slightly rattle me is rare, so I have a very strong love/hate feel towards Ju-On. I love them because they scare me, and I hate them because they scare me. Kayako is my deepest fear; the way she moves, her unblinking stare and her horrible death rattle.. I marathon the movies at least once a year, usually around Halloween. I even created a group here dedicated to fans and potential works about the franchise, but that group is dead and stagnant, and only contains one story, a crossover I began but never finished.

CROSSOVER KING
Group Contributor

The first two Conjuring movies.

Blackblade360
Group Contributor

I remember watching Coraline when I was 4 year old, it give me nightmares later on.

Hey at least that shaped me to be into horror stuff ^^ Such as FNaF, Halloween animatronics, and some other horror related stuff.
Heck, I'm not even afraid of gore, as long as its not too much

Kama and Hallie
Group Contributor

The Conjuring 2 was pretty much my first horror movie. That's why it still holds a special place for me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14