The Insane Creators Guild 639 members · 2,221 stories
Comments ( 48 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 48
A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

In the past, I often looked up to find that “328 minutes of Tell Your Tale” content was expected to air, with four 22 minute specials included in the plan, while others would simply be up to 5 minutes. So, having looked up what that meant by actual hours and minutes, I found that the total is 5 hours and 28 minutes.

Having multiplied the 5 minute runtime by the 9 released thus far, I’ve found that 45 minutes has been used up. Add that to “The Blockywockys”, which is 22 minutes, and it can be confirmed that up 67 minutes has been used, totaling 1 hour and 7 minutes.

Subtract 67 from 328, and you get 261, meaning that only 4 hours and 21 minutes is left. All before G5, as far as we know, officially concludes its run.

Perpetually Confused
Group Contributor

That is nigh unto 10 hours you could be engaged in less painful, more constructive activities, like power topping a log of poison sumac or cocaine

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

Would you mind clarifying what you’re saying?

Perpetually Confused
Group Contributor

Here, have a sampler pack of disdain.

I'm saying I'd like to sling on up a devils itch tree hollow, splinters and all, then see gen 5.

I'm saying I'd rather wear Sally Jessy Raphaels used underwear as a ski mask then watch gen 5.

I'm saying you couldn't super glue my wedding tackle to a cannon ball and fire me into a room where gen 5 is playing.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

Now I see.

And to be honest, I don’t blame you. I’m not a big fan of G5 either, and nothing would make me happier than for it to officially end. Very soon.

Perpetually Confused
Group Contributor

I always worried I'm to subtle. I'd be more lurid and sticky in my assertions, but Gen 5 simply isn't worth the effort

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

Yay. I’ve been frequently making reviews on G5 installments lately, but it’s merely been to make a statement and take a stand against it.

Perpetually Confused
Group Contributor

Nothing worth taking a stand against mate.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

Tell that to the aggressive G5 fanatics.

Perpetually Confused
Group Contributor

No point in wasting your time mate.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

Too late for that.

Diokno44
Group Contributor

I mean, in theory, it could have been good, if they put more effort into it

Admiral Producer
Group Contributor

Duly noted. Congrats on officially being banned from my G5 group. Now you don’t have to worry about interacting with us “aggressive G5 fanatics,” who never did anything to you. I’ve just granted your wish. Honestly, with you wanting G5 to end very soon (which it won’t, haha), I question why you were even in the group to begin with. It, nor the generation itself, clearly didn’t bring anything value to you, so what was even the point? But you got what you wanted. I’m done with you period. Feel free to come back to the group once your ban expires in two weeks, I won’t stop you. But I hope taking a stand against this generation and calling us names was worth it. I’m embarrassed for you that this is the hill you choose to die on of all things. “Making a statement.” Do you even see how ridiculous you sound? Consider yourself lucky that the rules are more lenient here.

Whatever. Have fun with those reviews going forward. I’m sure everyone will be happy to know that they don’t come from a genuine place. That is the worst kind of engagement in my opinion, making reviews and/or posts with the intention to tear something down rather than to contribute positively or constructively to a discussion.

The Blue EM2
Group Contributor

And the downvote mountain on those reviews strongly suggests that you're on the wrong side of history. Ta-ta!

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

It’s not like I was ever welcome there to begin with. I can’t even remember why I joined it anymore.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

No, I’m just being a reviewer.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

I would like to officially leave your G5 group. If you can unban me so that I may revoke my membership, that would be great.

Perpetually Confused
Group Contributor

The movie was good. Not great, but it had something.

Ignore the mewling my good sir. Wont say I agree or disagree with your reviews, but pay no mind to him

Goldstar
Group Contributor

Huh? I'm not really making a statement about his reviews either way, I didn't read them nor watched the episodes yet, but the "wrong side" of his thing... just makes no sense. That generally only applies to much more serious topics like political things. You ended with "Ta-ta!" so maybe this is a big whoosh on my part.

Perpetually Confused
Group Contributor

One supposes Blue is either a fan of Gen 5 or Admiral. Fair enough either way I suppose, but asserting most forms of entertainment, unless their explicityly attempting a message (and most of which at that point slide into propaganda like Clinton into a new intern), as such is silly. We can thus assume of this billy this sillyness. Ergo we can assert Blue as being a silly billy

Admiral Producer
Group Contributor

Your ban duration will expire in exactly two weeks. After that, you can officially revoke your membership. I’m not going to revoke your ban just for that as it will send the wrong message.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor
SMT5015
Group Contributor
SMT5015 #23 · April 5th · · 5 ·

“aggressive G5 fanatics,” who never did anything to you

How do you know it? And why do you speak for all the G5 fans whom A Man Undercover had ever enocuntered?

Admiral Producer
Group Contributor

I’m not saying everyone is respectful, but he’s attempting to lump us all into the “aggressive” group, and I won’t tolerate that.

SMT5015
Group Contributor
SMT5015 #25 · April 5th · · 5 ·

He only said that there are agressive G5 fanatics:

Tell that to the aggressive G5 fanatics.

Nothing about "you all". Again, why are you so sure that you're perfectly aware about what happens in all of the G5 fandom and all interactions A Man Undercover had with it?

Admiral Producer
Group Contributor

That exact quote is literally calling us all aggressive fanatics. If you were trying to defend him there, you failed miserably. Trust me, I’ve been around to see a ton of G5 discourse as I’ve been around since long before this generation even began, and I got to witness how the discourse all started. If there was anyone who could be an accurate judge of how my fellow fans act, it would be me. Also, this is my group we’re talking about here. If I feel like his tear-down rhetoric is harmful to the group’s best interests, it is within my right to ban him. I don’t see how you can defend him after he literally admitted to only making the reviews to tear G5 down. If you want to stick by him because you also don’t like G5, great. Continue to do so. There’s nothing wrong with that. I won’t judge you for doing so as friends stick with friends. But I am not going to stand by this sort of harmful behavior, and my decision is final. Think of it as wrong all you want, I don’t care. I want to wash my hands of this situation and work on getting better security for the group following this incident.

Case closed.

Diokno44
Group Contributor

Yeah, even in Gen 4 there's been a lot of fan discourse. Same with any other fandom. Personally, while I do like Gen 5 to an extent, I wish it had been handled better

SMT5015
Group Contributor
SMT5015 #28 · April 6th · · 2 ·

That exact quote is literally calling us all aggressive fanatics.

Why are you so sure? He never said that all G5 fans are agressive fanatics. He only said that there are multiple G5 fans who are agressive fanatics. From the clarification post which was 5 hours old by the time you've posted this comment, it can follow that he actually meant "the agressive G5 fanatics who write haughty comments under my posts". But you surely know that, because you're perfectly aware of what happens in all of the fandom.

If you were trying to defend him there, you failed miserably. Trust me, I’ve been around to see a ton of G5 discourse as I’ve been around since long before this generation even began, and I got to witness how the discourse all started. If there was anyone who could be an accurate judge of how my fellow fans act, it would be me.

Why are you so sure that, even if you are indeed aware of every interaction in the fandom (otherwise you're guilty of "lumping together" yourself), your judgement of them is correct?
And no, I will not trust you here. Exactly because you just say that you're right and I'm wrong. Why would you do this if your arguments are so good? Aren't you resorting to dirty tricks because you can't support your statements with evidence or admit that you've jumped to conclusions? Aren't you appealing to your authority which you don't have to begin with?

I don’t see how you can defend him after he literally admitted to only making the reviews to tear G5 down.

Do you really want to know or you already labeled me as an unreasonable enemy?
The answer is, I don't play these identity games. For me it is perfectly possible to assess your behaviour independently from what it means for the sacred truth of G5 being good. And this allows me to believe that you both can be wrong in your actions, and my issues with yours do not necessarily mean that I consider his desire to "tear G5 down" right, even if it is real.

If you want to stick by him because you also don’t like G5, great. Continue to do so.

I inform you that I prefer to not throw "friend" left and right. We're not friends, and I disagree with A Man Undercover a lot. But then it follows that you're most likely lumping us together into a group of G5 haters or something.

Also, this is my group we’re talking about here. If I feel like his tear-down rhetoric is harmful to the group’s best interests, it is within my right to ban him.

If A Man Undercover did actually break the rules of your group, it is very weird to make a loud declaration of ban outside of it. And if he didn't, why are you punishing him for what he's done outside of your jurisdiction?

Artist #29 · April 6th · · 3 ·

Why the hell are you 2 arguing with these people? They have nothing better to do then to sit there and argue.

I mean, I understand why people don’t like a man undercover, he basically blocked me, so that’s why I don’t like his ass either.

But do I go round, and make accusatory remarks to others just because they are defending him, of course not because only a complete dimwit would do that.

And you have proven that you are wrong.

The Blue EM2
Group Contributor

Ignore SMT5015. He's an asshole.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

For your information, I primarily blocked you because of your accusatory and hurtful remarks about me. Even on my user page and blogs.

I grew tired of that, and so therefore I did what any user on here would do: Block those who are giving people a hard time in the hopes of maintaining peace.

The Blue EM2
Group Contributor

Ban would be understandable if he came to your group with this "tear-down rhethoric", but he didn't, and least in the case of this thread.

AMU did, actually. He posted an exactly identical thread to this on the Official G5 Site, and had been engaging in similar rhetoric for months.

The Blue EM2
Group Contributor

You haven't learned anything from the last month, have you?

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

The only thing I learned was to keep quiet about many of my beliefs, that’s all. I learned never to talk about subjects relating to politics, or things like sexuality. And, I learned that you should always be careful with how you word things and make sure that you aren’t coming across as insensitive or hurtful.

The only one that needs to learn something is you.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

Ban would be understandable if he came to your group with this "tear-down rhethoric", but he didn't, and least in the case of this thread.

I will say this:

The “I’ve Made the Count” post was never meant to be a “tear-down” thread, but rather a calculation for how many minutes of Tell Your Tale the world is currently still waiting for. I posted it in other groups, including in Admiral’s G5 group, but it was never meant to serve as an attack on G5 as a whole. Plus, every comment I made in the thread on Admiral’s G5 group was merely just me disagreeing with others I was interacting with, nothing more.

But, if you’d like more information as to what my intentions genuinely are and what I actually meant by my latest comments, click on the link below:

In Light of My Latest Post, I’d Like to Say This

SMT5015
Group Contributor
SMT5015 #36 · April 6th · · 4 ·

Where did your advice about ignoring me go?

AMU did, actually. He posted an exactly identical thread to this on the Official G5 Site, and had been engaging in similar rhetoric for months

Ah, I see. I forgot that Admiral rules over several groups. AMU's thread in "Generation 5 group" is completely silent. And since the one in the "Official G5 Site" also contains a declaration of ban, I am very confused about why to repeat it here. I thought that the declaration here is the only one, and it meant that AMU has been banned for what he said here.

And, by the way, forbidding "spreading misinformation" is also quite fanatical. Especially considering how he didn't provide a proof to his words but demands it from others. So I had to google it myself. Here.

• There will be a total of 328 minutes of Tell Your Tale in 2024. What this probably means is that there will be 48 5-minute episodes and four 22-minute episodes, since this works out to exactly 328 minutes. (The inevitable tradeoff of weekly releases is that it would be basically impossible to make all of the episodes 22 minutes long.)

It seems that AMU and Admiral use the same source since it states both the total time and and the number of episodes. Admiral, therefore, didn't disprove anything about the numbers, and his claim about G5 not ending after TYT's season 2 is left without support as well as AMU's claim about G5 ending. And, if one isn't given a chance to provide the missing proof before being punished, Admiral must also ban himself.

SMT5015
Group Contributor
SMT5015 #37 · April 6th · · 3 ·

I saw both your other post and the thread in that G5 group. What can I say about the latter, your only rhethorical transgression might have been insisting that your dislike of G5 is G5's problem. But then the general level of that discussion was quite low, so it is unfair to punish only you and not, say, the dude who was laughing at you.

Admiral Producer
Group Contributor

Admiral, therefore, didn't disprove anything about the numbers, and his claim about G5 not ending after TYT's season 2 is left without support as well as AMU's claim about G5 ending. And, if one isn't given a chance to provide the missing proof before being punished, Admiral must also ban himself.

Very well then. I didn’t want to humiliate you publicly, but you do leave me no choice. If you’re gonna continue to challenge my decision, then it’s only fair I give you the proof you so desperately desire. You know…research can be a great thing.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2023/09/tell-your-tale-will-continue-into-2025.html

• “We are so confident in the power of this series, we’ve just greenlit content for another two years from 2024, with a doubled-up rollout that releases new episodes every week, as well as four longer form event specials throughout the year.”

Word of advice next time: Don’t speak on things you don’t understand. My group, my rules. I’m going to take Blue’s advice and just leave the conversation between us here. Have fun trying to dispute actual evidence! :pinkiehappy:

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

That’s pretty much how I felt on the matter.

It seemed like the guy who was laughing was openly blowing my opinions out of proportion, and that he wasn’t acknowledging that a person’s opinion on something is really the result of a product.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

:ajbemused:Dude, that just means all the new episodes currently confirmed to be in production will run until next year. Nothing more. And you’ve basically just relayed the same information as before.

Comment posted by Admiral Producer deleted April 6th
Comment posted by A Man Undercover deleted April 6th
TheClownPrinceofCrime
Group Contributor

Wow, what a thread. I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet. :twilightoops:

Admiral Producer
Group Contributor

Same. Though from what I’ve seen, there hasn’t been a good track record of admins locking threads that get out of control in this group. In others, definitely, but they really let this one go for some reason.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor
SMT5015
Group Contributor
SMT5015 #46 · April 6th · · 4 ·

I'd consider desperate attempts to salvage my misreading of your rule more humiliating. I had to check myself if it actually said "is not verified", but it said "cannot be verified". So that one line about you banning yourself, in favor of which you ignored everything else including my entire previous comment, is indeed wrong. Now, let me elaborate on the other part.

It's not just about the evidence itself. It is about providing it. Since the rule forbids "engaging in the spread of misinformation in an attempt to deceive others about a piece of G5 media", applying it means that you treat the perpetrator as if they are lying on purpose. But how do you know it? They might have used outdated information or forgot something, and even the notion of unintentional misrepresentation counting as misinformation doesn't do anything about the "an attempt to deceive" part. So applying the rule without proving that the intention was to deceive means that you refuse to accept any other reason to be wrong except purposeful deceit. Everyone in your group is held to a ridiculously high standart as they must ensure they perfectly remember every piece of G5 news and every second of the shows before posting anything that might contradict them, and if they're wrong there would be no discussion within the group because you don't bother to actually prove that what they say is a misinformation or give them a chance to admit that they were genuinely mistaken. You just send them to google and lock the thread immediately. The only opinion that is allowed to be voiced is one that aligns with your vision of G5.

A Man Undercover
Group Contributor

Just so the two of you know, I retract the following comment I made before:

I’ve been frequently making reviews on G5 installments lately, but it’s merely been to make a statement and take a stand against it.

Two weeks after saying that, and I hardly know what I actually meant by it anymore. Not to mention I don’t understand the meaning of it in general.

It was clearly based on mere emotion and not out of clear thought, and I regret having said it now. I’m sorry.

Admiral Producer
Group Contributor

Two weeks after saying that, and I hardly know what I actually meant by it anymore. Not to mention I don’t understand the meaning of it in general.

It was clearly based on mere emotion and not out of clear thought, and I regret having said it now. I’m sorry.

I appreciate your apology and I can accept it. I’d anything, I applaud the fact that you yourself recognized how harmful that rhetoric was, and took the time to apologize. That takes real courage and I respect that. Unfortunately, the problem isn’t with me forgiving you as I can forgive people quite easily, but others who you’ve driven away by saying that. The damage has already been done in the eyes of many, including some of your former friends. Sometimes, you have to be careful what you say as it can have lasting ramifications. Essentially, this is what people think of your G5 reviews now and unless you come out and apologize publicly for saying these statements, whether it be on another blog or thread like this, that perception will linger on. The way I see it, you probably meant more with that statement than you think because the most raw statements come without thinking. Take it from yours truly, I’ve been there. You hate Make Your Mark, everyone knows that. And your frustration made you say something you probably genuinely believed at the time, but now see the foolishness of it, which is good.

My advice to you is: come out and apologize publicly for that, so that others can see that you’re sorry. We may not forget, but we can certainly forgive, and it’s important that people understand you don’t stand by those statements anymore. If I can commend you for one thing, it’s that you’re doing the right thing by taking a break from reviewing the show. I hope you can use this time to reflect on how you’ve treated it so far and perhaps the time will come where you feel it’s time to give it some much-needed reevaluation. That’s up to you though. I can’t force you to do anything. All I can say is, thanks for apologizing for that. I accept it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 48