6) Katara VS. Juvia Lockser

5) Gohan VS. Invincible

4) King Ghidorah VS. Deathwing

3) Izuku Midoriya VS. Gon Freecss

2) Azula VS. Cinder Fall

1) Darth Vader VS. Obito Uchiha

Arthor2017
Group Contributor

Vader is coming back? That would be nice to watch, save for the fact he's put against goddamn Obito Uchiha.

I see the similarities, but 4th Ninja War Obito is too much for the Sith.

Lord Blundergosh
Group Contributor

A lot of very popular matchups in your list. The ones you mentioned that I’d be the most beside Bill vs Discord would King Ghidorah vs. Deathwing and Vader vs. Obito.

Some ideas that I’ve got: Cuphead vs Peacock (Skullgirls). Azula vs Juri Han. Maleficent vs Medusa Gorgon. Galactus vs. Unicron. Senator Armstrong vs. Funny Valentine. Spear and Fang vs. San and Moro. Nightwing vs Winter Soldier. Space Godzilla vs Zetton. Pearl vs. Weiss. Jenny Wakeman vs. Android 17 or 18. Cereal Mascot Battle Royale. Vega vs. Baraka. Trevor Belmont vs. Geralt. Aang vs. Link. The Doctor vs Rick Sanchez

stag the story teller
Group Contributor

Doctor from tf2 or doc who?

Lord Blundergosh
Group Contributor

Doctor Who. They actually did that matchup on the DB Cast. It’s what sold me on the idea of having the Doctor on death battle

stag the story teller
Group Contributor

Honestly I'd like to see the doctor from tf2 in a death battle, also the pyro

Comickook
Group Contributor

Other possible Death Battle ideas:

Ash Williams (Evil Dead franchise) vs. Rick Grimes (Walking Dead) - a battle between two tortured zombie fighters.

Mighty Mouse vs. Underdog (battle between two funny animal Superman parodies)

Spider-Man, Firestar and Iceman (Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends versions) vs. Black Vulcan, Samurai and Apache Chief (Superfriends)

Batman vs. Hannibal Lecter (probably Batman's first Death Battle that WOULDN'T be against a Marvel hero - "the world's greatest detective" against "fiction's most infamous serial killer")

Austin Powers vs. Maxwell Smart

Wile E. Coyote vs. Boris Badenov

Tom (Tom and Jerry) vs. Sylvester (Looney Tunes)

Lord Voldemort vs. Emperor Palpatine

Lois Lane vs. Mary Jane Watson

Catwoman vs. Carmen San Diego

The Ohvist
Group Contributor

The Doctor from TF2 that you keep saying is actually known in the community as "The Medic".

CROSSOVER KING
Group Contributor

Many of Obito's Genjutsus are useless against Vader as all Force users are trained to see through illusions, and believe it or not, Vader has many Force techniques that ignores durability and can get past Obito's regeneration and intangibility.

Vader can also use his Telekiness with pin-point precision to crush the internal organs of his foes, something that Obito cannot regenerate (his limbs and organs) or Pyrokiness to generate fire from within his body to incinerate him in flames and no way will he heal from that. In fact, because the Force works on a sub-atomic level, Vader's Force Choke and such can go right through Obito's intangibility.

Then, there is Vader's Telepathy which gives him stuff like Precognition, Psychometry, and Mind Memory Manipulation. Most important to note about Vader's telepathy is that it is also strong enough to freeze a person in one place, giving him a window of opportunity to finish off an opponent as he demonstrated this when fighting against an alien race who are known for their resistance to Force based attacks.

As for those other abilities, Precogition lets Vader predict almost every one of Obito's next moves so that he can plan ahead of time to dodge it or develop counter tactic for it. Meanwhile, Psychometry allows Vader to touch Obito and gain access to his memories, especially the painful ones like Rin, allowing him to then use it against Obito with Mind Memory Manipulation. Combine this with Vader's psychological warfare technique, Dun Moch, and it would be way too much for what Obito is used to fighting off.

On top of all that, even if Obito tries to absorb Vader into his Kamui Dimension, he needs to get in physical contact which would likely not happen because Vader's speed is Relativistic+ with FTL combat speed and reaction time whereas Obito is only Massively Hypersonic, making him slow as a snail in comparison to Vader.

CROSSOVER KING
Group Contributor

And he also has a popular Death Battle opponent named Richtofen from Call of Duty.

Both of them are crazy German doctors from popular FPS games who experiment on their own teammates and wage war against a huge variety of supernatural enemies, including zombies.

CROSSOVER KING
Group Contributor

The ones on your list that I like the most are:

* Cuphead vs Peacock
* Maleficent vs Medusa
* Galactus vs. Unicron
* Senator Armstrong vs. Funny Valentine
* Spear and Fang vs. San and Moro
* Space Godzilla vs Zetton
* Weiss vs. Pearl
* Jenny Wakeman vs. Android 18
* Cereal Mascot Battle Royale
* Baraka vs. Vega
* Trevor Belmont vs. Geralt
* Aang vs. Link
* Rick vs. Doctor

Lord Blundergosh
Group Contributor

Damn that’s nearly all of them. I actually want to make a comment on each one right now just cause I wish I did in the first place yesterday.

Cuphead vs. Peacock: I mostly want this one because I want to see Skullgirls represented on Death Battle and I think this would be one of the best chances to make that happen, and it’s one of the matchups that interests me most. The comparisons are still numerous enough to justify this happening.

Maleficent vs Medusa Gorgon (Soul Eater): I’m also fond of the idea of Medusa fighting Orochimaru, but I just think a Halloween episode themed around witches would be perfect.

Galactus vs. Unicron: This one is self-explanatory. A lot of people think this one will be the coming season finale. I suspect Galuctus wins, but I never know anyway.

Senator Armstrong vs. Funny Valentine: I only recently started watching Jojo’s and have never picked up a Metal Gear game in my life. But listening to the DB Cast convinced me that this fight needs to happen. There’s so many weird questions that will need to be explored in this.

Spear & Fang vs. San & Moro: I feel like these two’s minimal movesets/arsenals and pretty much non-existent powers means that the analysis will have to rely on feats and stats while the battle will focus more on stuff like choreography and set pieces. This will be a breath of fresh air since the animators won’t have to squeeze a bunch of different powers and weapons for fear of catching flack for missing anything. Just look at Samurai Jack vs Afro Samurai.

Spacegodzilla vs Zetton: Powerful kaijus with cheap power sets that they love to spam and abuse. This is actually a matchup I’ve had for a while, ever since I first looked Ultraman monsters. I’m interested in seeing Spacegodzilla’s telekinesis paired against Zetton’s teleportation.

Pearl vs. Weiss: I list this one because it’s another idea I’ve had for years. But since I doubt they want to bring Weiss back for a second-battle, the only other matchup for Pearl I’ve seen that’s interested as much was Ahsoka Tano. Undyne could also work.

Jenny Wakeman vs. Android 18 (or 17): I got the idea after remembering a time this one YouTuber I watch say, “Did Dr. Wakeman trade notes with Dr. Gero to build XJ9?” And yeah, Jenny really does come across as that powerful. Actually one good alternative to this would be Jenny vs Astroboy.

Cereal Mascot Battle Royale: After everything they discussed on DB Cast, I can say with certainty that this fight would be absolute insanity. It’s going to be so much fun to realize on screen, not just for us but for the people making it. They have been talking about making it for a while now.

Baraka vs. Vega: This is another one that’s self-explanatory. They both got cool designs, they’re the most logical matchups for each other and we know that they’d absolutely hate each other the second one would lay eyes on the other.

Trevor Belmont vs. Geralt: I don’t play Witcher. But I’ve played Super Castlevania 4 and love the Castlevania Netflix series, so that’s who I’m rooting for. My initial idea was actually Simon Belmont vs Alexander Anderson. But Simon as a more varied arsenal whereas Anderson’s moveset is a bit more one note. So, I’m not sure if that will work.

Aang vs. Link: I got this one from a DB Matchup ideas video and when he showed the amount of similarities between Aang and BOTW Link, I quickly got on board with it. I’m very interested in seeing how their powers and move sets clash in this instance given that they’re so different. What’s more effective, Aang’s Avatar powers or Link’s magic items?

Rick vs. The Doctor: For the longest time, I was against the idea of putting the Doctor on Death Battle. Thankfully, I was already softening on that stance so that by the time I watched the DB cast on this I finally saw the potential contenders like The Doctor and Rick bring to the show. Plus, if they nail the characterization, there’s going to be a lot of great interactions to be had.

Btw, I know Nightwing vs. Winter Soldier doesn’t interest but I think we can both agree that they now have the perfect setup if they were to do this matchup. The pieces are all right there.

Moon Quil
Group Contributor

no offensie to juvia but i gotta go with my girl katara like i did with toph in death battle lol

StrangeBehavior
Group Contributor

Galactus vs. Unicron is actually one of the Death Battles the crew of the series did confirm they are going to do…

BUT THEY’RE TAKING FOR-F***ING-EVER TO DELIVER IT! AND NO, THEY DID NOT CANCEL IT, THEY WOULD’VE SAID OTHERWISE!!!

Sorry, it’s been grating on my nerves lately how they’ve been procrastinating on delivering Death Battles they said they are working on. More examples that fall under this include; Ruby Rose vs. Maka Albarn (I can only think of one reason why this perfect match up will not happen) & Mickey Mouse vs. Bugs Bunny (I can get the hesitancy because it looks like it would be a Sanchiro/Norris headache…)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14