Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 348 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 348

Congratulations! And speaking of Elements of Justice, Episode 2-5 is coming on Saturday, for those who are watching it on YouTube.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That's wonderful news, Doc. I sincerely hope you make the most of this golden opportunity.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So, today, not only was I attending the Premiere of Elements of Justice 2–5 via Discord, but at the same time, I was also in the audience of a panel, featuring four talented artists at Sonic Revolution.

Yeah, I multitask.

Elements of Justice on the laptop.
Sonic Revolution on the phone.

While I watched the premiere of 2-5 on YouTube, popping in now and then to make some witty remarks and announcing my scene (with Patrick), I was listening in on the panel and some of the artist gave me some wise words of wisdoms that really spoke to me.

"Don't do it for them (the algorithm). Do it for you!"

According to them, they say that when I'm posting my latest work-in-progresses, or my final pieces, on the Social Media, and all I could think about was the numbers I could wrack up, I would only "hurt" myself in the process. Because I would easily be disappointed with myself, for posting, and not getting the specific amount of number I had intended. And because of that, it's how I "crashed and burn." All because I was so focused on the numbers, to realize the importance, or the truth of my drive.

I posted my works on the social media, just for the love of it. The engagement, the entertainment, and the appreciation. Because somewhere out there, there's probably a little kid who is looking at my work and feeling inspired. A little kid who was the same age as I was when I realized my destiny, or so. But more importantly, I just wanted to learn more, and meet new people.

And maybe at the end of the year, I can just pause and look back and ask myself, "Who was I? How did I get here?"

A wise person once said: "It's not about the destination, but more about the journey."

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I believe you should 'really' take their words by heart. Don't focus about the numbers. Numbers are never consistent. Some days they'll go up, other times they'll go down. Don't let them affect the way you feel about your work. You 'know' what you want to give to the fans, you know the material you enjoy, and you're proud of all the effort you put into it. What matters is how much you love the things you do or else you can never truly be a success if you don't accept being yourself.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Which does beg the question:

After you go through with these 'Elements of Justice' videos, when you have completed this 'Sonic' phase, where do you go from here? Where do you see your own story taking off?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Well, I could probably make some short animation videos, kinda like how it was all done, back in the Bronies’ heyday.

I could tell fun stories, but with moving pictures, action, SFX, all that fun stuff. Be it cartoons, or cartoons-in-real life, like on StormVFX’s channel.

And I can like show them off on Twitter, Vimeo, and put them as part of my portfolio, and if I’m lucky and play my cards right, then I’ll land a job in the Film Entertainment, or Video Gaming Business.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sounds like you've definitely got a plan in order. When that time eventually comes, I sincerely hope they turn out just smashing.

Comment posted by Phantom-Dragon deleted May 18th, 2022

If you'd like, I can be on the crew as the film historian.

I second the vote.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We'll determine if Phantom Dragon and Mr. Enigma agree to such a proposal. Nothing is made official until they give the word.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

“Good artists borrow. Great artists steal. Art is theft.” — Picasso.

I’m still working on deciphering the meaning to this message of Picasso. However, to be honest, I’ve been having some urges to “steal.”

I can’t say for certain. To some people, it could come across as greedy, but for me, I’m just “recycling.”

To put it more specifically, I’ve been wanting to “steal” the concepts of some other writers/artists, and make them better. Because to me, it wouldn’t exactly be “stealing” if they weren’t going to be missed anyway. They were just gathering dusts. I was just polishing them.

But then I learned this thing called:

“Honor among thieves.”

Which means that to some extent, even criminals have standards. Like thieves will not steal from other thieves. That is, IF there is such a thing.

But in this case, if what Picasso say is true and that art is theft, then…I must continue to exercise self-control and resist the urge to steal. There won’t be any honor in it.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

When did these thoughts suddenly come to mind? You know for a fact that some folks have been granted a terrible reputation for 'stealing' someone's work, even if they were merely 'borrowing' something without asking. It happens often in 'Deviantart', then word of their actions spread like wildfire and people get hurt as a result. What I'm merely trying to say is that how did this all suddenly come up?

He must've been hanging out with the Bad Guys.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If you're trying to be funny with me, you're not doing yourself a big favor. The chances of us doing 'The Bad Guys' is... well, actually it wouldn't be a terrible idea. We'd just have to configure it into our schedule IF we wanted to.

Comment posted by Fonzie deleted May 26th, 2022
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I don’t mean to frighten you, Drama.

Sometimes, whenever I’m diving into unused concepts, be it Disney, or from Sonic, The Lost Hedgehog Tales, I get tensed up.

I feel sad, angry, and then hatred towards the higher-ups for disrespecting the memories of talented people who poured their heart and souls into their works, which may or may never see the light of day.

Not to mention the recent COPPA incidents on YouTube that have been hindering so many content creator’s channels, as of late. It was all intoxicating and overwhelming.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

So much pressure that those concepts have had. And yet because they just didn't work at the time, they stick them on a shelf to be covered in dust and soon they are all but forgotten. It's not like they couldn't have just wait till this one moment when they had all the technology they needed. Still, I can understand the frustration.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Not gonna lie, when it comes to working on the “Extra Cuts” of the Cinematic Adventure, it was a lot of fun, because in a way, it felt like I’m part of the adventures via my chosen characters.

Albeit, a few cameo appearances/mentions now and then, on Mr.E’s part, but that’s the beauty of it. Like Stan Lee’s cameos, you never know when/where the next appearance is going to be made.

And now it’s time for the Betas to have that fun.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Looking back, the fun really go kickstarted during Season 1’s episode of Harry Potter.

I pulled a “wildcard”(Is that the right term?) on Mr. E and Drama, out of the “left field”, when I decided to improvise on having Sunset Shimmer guest-star alongside Wallflower Blush and Juniper Montage, on the sideline.

It was fun! I only wished I could see the looks on Mr. E and Drama’s faces when I surprised them.

And then during the Star Wars trilogy, in the “absence” of Sunset Shimmer, I added Princess Luna and the Nightmare Knights into the mix. It was chaotic! I remember having a headache through it all.

But my favorite part would be their interaction with the Tusken Raiders. You can thank Mando and Boba Fett for making me like the Sand People.

And on top of that, we might have lost Sunset to the Galaxy. But as a consolation prize, we’ve won Anakin Skywalker (Force Ghost) as a guest of Discord’s Theater, and Princess Luna’s good friend.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Then, Season 2 happened. Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes guest-starred to “advertise” my Equestria Girls: It’s Showtime story.

EEquestria Girls: It's Showtime – Looney Tunes
The Equestria Girls have a Looney Tune time with Bugs Bunny and friends.
Phantom-Dragon · 21k words  ·  47  2 · 2.9k views

But to this day, I feel the only memorable and favorable contribution I’ve ever made to Season 2 via my “extra cut” was the guest-star appearance of a certain princess in The Greatest Showman.

And I sincerely hope we can continue to pull off more surprises in the nearest future.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, if you have Facebook (Particularly with Messenger), you 'could' see our faces. Course, you'd end up seeing who we look like. As our identities aren't shown to just 'anyone'.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I’ve done all that I can on my #31DaysSonic participation on Twitter.

Now I should be free with my other projects.

Cinematic Adventure is on hiatus. I must take advantage of this moment to resume working on Game Quest.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yes, I know 'Cinematic Adventures' has been... a rather slow with updating. And it's no one's fault. We're doing everything we can to try to put together what is essentially are toughest project to date.

I've just been renting the movies that had been covered so far and watching them in order of this fimfic series to pass my time....

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, that makes for quite a past time. Naturally they won't have 'everything' we've covered in our projects, especially the deleted scenes. But it's good to see the source where we were inspired by some of our works.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

During Cinematic Adventures’s — Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Ever since she’s heard the news that her beloved Phantom-Dragon has been stranded via the magic TV, and declared “missing,” the Kirin Queen, Rain Shine, was both frightened and anxious to await the return of her little brony.

Without him, her smile was replaced with a solemn frown, the glow of her color has grown dull and bleak, and she barely spoke a word. As if his disappearance has taken the song and love right out of her.

She kept on walking through the halls of the theater, until she arrived at her destination.

The Manager’s Office. Phantom-Dragon’s office.

She walked in, through the door, to find it was empty. But several of Phantom-Dragon’s belongings were all there, making it looked as if his presence was still there.

Among them, were a collection of songs he would listen to, on his downtime, or would sing together with her. He always did loved hearing her sing. Another reason for Rain Shine to never silence her voice, or her little Kirins.

She looked into the collection of songs, until she found some of Vietnamese origin.

She picked one up, turned to a music player in the room, and played it. With that, the song was played, with some words being projected, and translated. to help her follow along and understand the meanings.

It's a murky winter day outside, it's snowing full of white

Một ngày mùa đông âm u ngoài kia tuyết trắng đang rơi đầy

Sitting alone thinking, my love, remember that day

Một mình ngồi suy tư người yêu ơi nhớ chăng hôm nào

Love is as beautiful as a dream that suddenly disappears when you're gone

Tình đẹp như giấc mơ qua chợt tan biến khi em xa rồi

That love is always etched in my heart

Tình đó anh luôn trọn khắc sâu trong lòng

One day since I went to the far end of the horizon

Một ngày từ khi anh đi về xa tít cuối nơi chân trời

I'm alone, lonely, cold, cold, snowy soul

Một mình em cô đơn hồn băng giá tuyết rơi lạnh lùng

How quickly does my love pass

Tình mình sao chóng qua mau

My love, I'm always waiting

Người yêu hỡi em luôn mong chờ

Even if it's far away and days pass, I'm still waiting

Dù cho xa xôi và ngày tháng qua, em vẫn chờ

Still know in the world

Vẫn biết trên cõi đời

Love comes like a fleeting dream

Tình yêu đến như cơn mơ thoáng qua

Still know you don't grow old in my heart

Vẫn biết em không già đi trong lòng anh

Still knowing that love means that every wind that passes does not return

Vẫn biết yêu nghĩa là từng cơn gió qua đi không trở lại

What a sad life, let's make each other happy

Cuộc đời những ngậm ngùi nào ta hãy cho nhau sướng vui

Winter's love is murky

Tình mình mùa đông âm u

How do you know you will love each other forever?

Làm sao biết sẽ yêu nhau hoài

My love and then who knows will be together forever

Tình mình rồi mai sau nào ai biết sẽ bên nhau hoài

Whose heart can't understand who God has made us separate

Lòng người ai thấu cho ai trời xui khiến đôi ta xa cách rồi

But my heart is still in love like today

Mà lòng vẫn mãi yêu như hôm nào

Still knowing that love means that every wind that passes does not return

Vẫn biết yêu nghĩa là từng cơn gió qua đi không trở lại

What a sad life, let's make each other happy

Cuộc đời những ngậm ngùi nào ta hãy cho nhau sướng vui

Winter's love is murky

Tình mình mùa đông âm u

How do you know you will love each other forever?

Làm sao biết sẽ yêu nhau hoài

My love and then who knows will be together forever

Tình mình rồi mai sau nào ai biết sẽ bên nhau hoài

Whose heart can't understand who God has made us separate

Lòng người ai thấu cho ai trời xui khiến đôi ta xa cách rồi

But the heart still loves like the first

Mà lòng vẫn mãi yêu như ban đầu

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Poor Queen is really taking Doc's disappearance rather hard. But the song she pulled out was definitely beautiful.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Discord's Theater – Manager's Office

Post-Ace Ventura: Pet Detective – 11:20 PM

I'm in currently in my office, looking over the performances from the BETAS, deciding who makes the cut and who to consider letting go, while also considering how to help the others improve, when there was a knock at my door.

Me: "Come in."

Opening the doors, stepping into the room is none than my beloved kirin wife, Rain Shine.

Me: "Oh! Rain Shine! Darling, sweetie...I..." (I stopped when I noticed the sad and concerned look on Rain Shine's face) "Honey? What's wrong?"

Rain Shine: (She looked rather stoic, yet she looked at me with watery eyes) "..."

(I wanted to say something to lighten the mood...but I just couldn't seem to think of something to say.)

Me: "Rain Shine? Honey?" (I looked behind my seat, before I looked back at her) "You looked like you've just seen a ghost."

Rain Shine: "...Maybe, because I think I am..."

Me: (After I looked down and checked myself out) "I'm pretty sure I'd know if I'm a ghost. But...I certainly don't feel like one, if that makes you feel any better."

Rain Shine closed her eyes, before she looked to the side, looking more worried.

Rain Shine: "That's not what I mean..."

I start to get what Rain Shine was getting at, and I get that it's serious.

Me: "Rain Shine. I'm sorry you had to go through with...my absent and everything."

Rain Shine: "Why should you apologize? After all, it was Discord's fault. He should be the one apologizing. You were just doing your job. But...you were at the wrong place, at the wrong time. And you were lost to us...to me..."

Me: "I know honey. It's hard on me too. I...It's no picnic. Who would've thought that Ray Finkle would be in on the Dark Orders? And that they were anticipating for me to crash land in Ace Ventura's hometown? And I've been a prisoner for days."

Rain Shine: "..."

Me: "But...it's over now. We're together again, so...that's good, isn't it?"

Rain Shine: (Looks at me with concerned look) "How can it be good? You were stranded in another world, because of Discord. You were hired to host these movies...and yet, you've also been subjected to so many of Discord's shenanigans and antics. Some of them could've killed you!"

Me: (Uneasy) "...Well, granted, Discord's eccentric...but that's just part of his character. And...I guess, if Fluttershy can put up with him, then...so can I. I guess."

Rain Shine: "But why do you still work for him? I know you work hard to support us. But..." (Looks down with a sadden look) "...Do you have to keep working, even at this hour? For everyone? Your family? Including me? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but...You could at least take a break, now and then. Have some time to take care of yourself. I...I just lost you! I...I can't stand the thought of losing you again..." (A tear escaped from her eyes) "For all I know...the next time...you might not even come back..."

I walked over and wrapped my hooves around Rain Shine for a hug.

Me: "Oh, Rain Shine." (I hugged her, burying myself into her soft fluffy mane) "I'm really sorry. I'm really sorry. I..."

I just hugged Rain Shine tighter, because like her, I didn't want to let her go.

Me: "I...I haven't exactly thought these things through. I always let my works come before family...I've been working way too many hours...I'm a terrible husband."

Rain Shine: "No...you're not. But still...I wished you could at least...take care of yourself. And...I don't mean to be selfish, but...even spend some time with me."

I nodded, while feeling my eyelids growing heavy, as the fatigue caught up to me, and I melted into the softness of Rain Shine's mane.

Me: "Well..." (Yawning) "I am very tired. How about we walk to the train station and board a train back to the Kirin village? I'll spend the whole day with you and you get to pick what activities we can do together."

Rain Shine: "...Okay."

Me: "Besides..." (My legs gave away, while I still held onto Rain Shine's neck) "Did I ever tell you how much I missed snuggling into your mane?"

Rain Shine: "Oh, Phantom..."

I can feel her carrying me in her magic.

It's good you're back together

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Perhaps it is for the best that Phantom-Dragon takes a break. I know what it's like to focus mainly on work. I get so much sick time available and I don't like using it even to take a few days off. Like Phantom-Dragon, I've always been the type of guy who feels the most productive when I'm busy, when I always have something to do. I spent part of my saturday mowing the grass and cutting dead banana leaves off our tree only because I felt the need to be busy (And because I promised my brother I'd do some yard work, but he told me to come back the next week so I ended up doing work in my own yard). But I do care about the people I love, and sometimes I remind myself that I 'should' take it easy.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Commentator Teams.

Me — The alpha. Stationed in Ponyville G4
Massager 32 — Beta Commentator. Catering the guest-stars of the Ponyville Branch.
HunterBrony — Occasional extra cuts.
Shadowshion — Occasional extra cuts.
Postwar — Beta Commentator. Hosting the Galaxy branch.
ArcticAce01 — Beta Commentator. Equestrian Girls.
PlymouthFury — Beta Commentator. Future G5
Tim Ribbert – Omega Commentator.

Toon writer — Omega Commentator.
Pizza 11 q — Beta Commentator.
Kathmlp — Omega Commentator.
JusSonic — Omega Commentator.

It’s looking bad. We’re losing so many members of the Cinematic Adventures. Either Discord has a lousy judgement of characters, or Discord’s Theater is in dire need to revaluation of its work ethics, or maybe I’m the one to blame.

I feel the loss of these people are weighing heavily in my conscience for the poor communication between us.

If I can’t keep the team together, then what hope do I have of becoming a team leader in the real world?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

At Sonic Revolution, I took notes as I learned from Voice Acting Director, Cashlin Snow, and voice actress, Sydney Paige a.k.a abluemoon88.

They taught me how in every work environment, the key for a healthy relationships between co-workers is for there to be no toxicity.

We can be strict, or firm, if we have to. But more importantly, we have to make it clear that we mean well.

Also, during a lot of their, what they call, improv panels, where they bring the characters to life, they actually rehearsed.

Granted, I was under the belief that all of these panels, and the characters’ reactions were “shoot from the hips.” But I’ve come to learn from Sydney Paige, that even in improvs, their needed to be rehearsals for the actors to fully commit themselves in-characters. That way, when they receive questions, they don’t break out of characters, when they answer the questions.

I wonder if the same can be done with the commentators? If so, then how?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Don't blame yourself entirely for recent events. Some things just happened beyond your control. Then again, one of the biggest issues is communication. Without everyone keeping tabs with one another, especially in my workflow outside this site, nothing gets done, more mistakes are made, and then we'd have to take drastic steps to make up for lost work.

Who knows? I've done tons of acting exercises where I always try to keep in character. Which ends up working out when doing those 'Renaissance' style events at the local parks. Even when I'm not doing a show, I always remain in character amongst all the patrons at least until the park's about to close.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha’s Log #19—367

Me: “Today, I got to watch as Krystal and Carrie both display their remarkable prowess. Carrie’s telekinesis is truly astounding to watch, now that she’s out of the shadows of her abusive, demented mother, and out of Joseph Seeds’s hands, the girl is truly in control of herself!”

“Compared to Krystal, who is a skilled telepath, these two are remarkably strong in the mystic arts.”

“Or…is it what the Jedi and the Sith referred to as the Force? Krystal did once mentioned she is the sole survivor of a destroyed planet called Cerinia…but was it originally in the same Galaxy as Sunset Shimmer? I may need to ask her about this.”

“And on this note, I might have to ask who Carrie’s father is, or was. I wonder if it’s possible that a Jedi, or a Sith, might’ve gotten into Stephen King’s universe. Or something else…”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha’s Log #19—8

Me: “I never thought possible that I would find Krystal and Isabelle in Gotham City. But then again, this is the Cinematic Adventure. And part of working with Discord’s Theater is to expect the unexpected. No matter how unexpected it may be…”

“I wonder if Discord had something to do with any of this. The reality imbalance of the multiverse, gaming characters now co-existing within the cinemas. I know I’ve seen this once with the Looney Tunes in the Equestria Girls’ world, but…is this is a sign that something bigger is at large? A cataclysmic or apocalyptic event that is yet to come?”

“Discord, what have you done this time?”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha’s Log #19—13

Me: “We had a run-in with those imps and their hellhound. We barely got away. One of them tried to shoot my head off, but Carrie managed to catch the bullet, right in front of my eyes!”

“I may be wearing a helmet, but it’s not exactly…bulletproof.”

“Thankfully, we managed to get away again, after Discord gave them the slip. And by that, I mean he turned the street into soap.”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha’s Log #19—369

Me:

“A wise hen once said that absence makes the heart grow fonder. And right now…that’s what I’m feeling for being in another world away from my wife.”

“Now I know how Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and by extension, Fluttershy have felt, having to travel from their world to the Cinematic Universe’s, leaving their spouses behind.”

“For the past days, since arriving in Gotham City, I find myself thinking more and more about Rain Shine. As if being separated from her, because of Discord, in the previous adventure wasn’t enough…we’re worlds apart again, because Carrie’s a marked woman for three imps and a hellhound…”

*Sigh*

“When this Cinematic Adventure is over…I’m really going to take some time off to spend with my wife.”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sounds like a great idea. You two can be as busy as you two want to be. Even if it's not age appropriate.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha’s Log #19 —???

Me: “I don’t know the numbers anymore. Turns out, we haven’t been stranded in Gotham City for a year, but only a few days or so. At least, from what I’ve been told from Sonata…”

“Yes. Surprise it may be, I actually got to talking to Sonata. We were at a taco stand, and… She doesn’t know me, but…hey. At least, we got to talking.”

“But the surprising thing I found out today was…my Mandalorian costume’s been upgraded and equipped with legitimate weaponry.”

“I found out today, after me and Carrie nearly got torn apart by this hellhound, and…I somehow triggered a palm blast, to throw her off!”

“Kinda like how Iron Man’s palm blasters works. Gotta check out some other features this suit might have. And also, who manufactured it? I wanted to say Discord…but then again, I don’t.”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone's been riding on fumes. There's so much to take in with such a short amount of time. Who knows what other surprises await?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hey Tim!

Mr. E is hungry for a big plate of a double Krabby Patty and Butterbeer!

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/522902/cinematic-adventures-batman-begins#comment/11439433

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Get the foods to Mr. E in the Batman Begins comment box.

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 348