Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 348 )
  • Viewing 301 - 350 of 348
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

*Picks up the phone to answer*

Me: "Hello?

Alastor: Sound like you have a dying animal to attend to, eh Phantom~?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Me: "ALASTOR?! WHA–What are you–? How did–? What do you want now..."

Alastor: I hear you now have a theater that allows all branches to come together when watching Twilight and her friends as they go on cinematic adventures.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Me: "Well...only on special occasions, like this Season 2 finale of the Cinematic Adventure. What's it to you? Shouldn't you be running a hotel with Princess Charlie? How's business pray tell?"

Alastor: Booming and profitable~ We even put a band together that features Queen Bee and we are expected to play the multiversel Super Bowl this coming February.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Okay, that is utterly adorable. Shame it didn't make the shortlist for the Oscars. But what can you do?

Meh, the whole Oscars Awards has become nothing but a damn joke which I don’t bother watching them.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Great. Thanks for sharing how awful they are.

I just hope that’s not the only reason you wanted to speak up. We hardly hear from you in months and this is the first thing within that time we hear from you.

Homelife. That's all I'll say in the matter.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If you don't want to talk about it, that is your choice. Just know that sooner or later you'll find that you are not the only one who has had 'home life' as a reason for inactivity. Sooner or later, we're going to learn more about it and whether you decide to talk is entirely up to you.

*After having installed the latest security system to Discord’s Theater, I get a surprise visitor*

Clarissa: Hi Cinema.

Me: Oh! Clarissa! What a surprise.

Clarissa: I was wondering what you have going on today.

Cinema: Well it’s my day off and the other branches are together in a giant theatre. How bout I give you a tour of this theater here?

Clarissa: I’d love that!

*I lead her inside to give her a tour*

Serious love triangles going on here. Sonata, Clarissa. Yikes. Who's gonna be with who?

(No worries, Arctic’s got Sonata)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yep... that's definitely something else. But a nice visit helps to improve a bit of morale on the side.

*Cinema Lights gave Clarissa Bloom a tour of Discord’s Theater in Ponyville. She first showed her the lobby*

Cinema: Here is where guests enter, show their tickets and grab their snacks. The tables and bar here make it seem like a pub.

Clarissa: Amazing. Discord really makes this interesting.

Cinema: That’s Discord for ya.

Clarissa: *looks* Is that Discord? *points to a clone who was playing cards with himself*

Cinema: No, Discord’s with the rest at the other theater. That right there is one of his clones.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The fact that the hotel is still standing is a miracle onto itself. Even after that rather destructive battle in the season 1 finale.

Well, barely by the piles of its ruin and rubble. Technically, it was blasted in half and still got demolished, Simpsons Movie style. They literally had to rebuild the entire foundation and hotel to a much grander scale from the ground up.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Obviously...

And it looks better than ever. Even parts of the building are a tribute to Sir Pentious.

And Razzle.
Or Dazzle.

I honestly can’t tell which one was which….

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah, they look so entirely similar.

Well, I try not to really think about it too much.

*The Discord clone playing cards with himself at the theater bar was unlike the other clones. He preferred to be called Jeff. When Cinema came to Ponyville and got a job as the theater’s film historian, he came across this clone who unlike the others was very wise, poetic, and acted as the voice of reason. He reminded Cinema of Brian Griffin from the first seasons of Family Guy. The two were good friends since then.*

Jeff: Hey, Cinema! How goes it?

Cinema: Hey Jeff. Just showing this mare here around the place. Clarissa, meet Jeff.

Clarissa: Nice to meet you Jeff.

Jeff: Pleasure’s all mine.

Clarissa: Cinema said you’re one of Discord’s clones here. Shouldn’t you be at the other theater like the rest?

Jeff: Nah, not much of a Wizarding Worlds guy. So I’m just keeping watch here, make sure the Dark Order doesn’t try anything. Anyways, how about Cinema and I show you the main part of this theater?

*Cinema and Jeff led Clarissa into the main theater room and she was amazed*

Clarissa: This is unbelievable!

Cinema: I knew you’d be impressed.

Jeff: Here our founder Discord wants this theater experience to be unlike any other. The seats here recline, vibrate and massage. *picks up one of the bells* These bells are magic. If you need any sort of food or snack, you just ring it and one of the waiters will bring it over.

Cinema: We serve the normal movie theater snacks sure, but we also got other things to make this place stand out.

*Cinema shows Clarissa the menu*

Clarissa: *reads the menu* Wow…. I think I’m going to like it here.

Jeff: To catch you up on everything, here’s a clip show of our heroes’ adventures.

*The projector starts up and begins a clip show of season 1 and what happened so far in season 2*

This looks exactly like my job at FLIX Brewhouse! I love it!

Phantom did say Discord’s Theater is like FLIX Brewhouse.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Don't believe we have anything like that in Florida, but it sounds like a nice theater.

Oh it’s more than nice.
It’s part pub in the lobby. You go to the theater and if you arrive 30 minutes before the actual trailers and movie starts, there is a special themed pre show of sorts that plays. Like for Wonka, they played candy themed songs, showed clips taken from the other Wonka movies and more. You can even order food in your seat and the runners deliver it to you. And it’s not just traditional theater food, it’s pizza sandwiches and even donut holes.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We do have a bar at the Cinemark. And we do serve more food than just popcorn and candy. Although, where I live now, it's going to be a long drive. Hopefully, there are other theaters near the house that are just as good.

Does the cinemark have an on site brewery with special themed and crafted award winning beers and sample shots?
Or how about serving special custom milkshakes and malts?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I think you're asking for 'a lot'. Cinemark doesn't really have 'all' of those things. But at the time, it's still a good theater.

Right, just trying to say that it does have other benefits.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You've already shared a good selection of points. We don't need to go into this any further.

Comment posted by Cow-Man deleted February 14th

*After viewing the clip show, Cinema, Clarissa and Jeff were back in the lobby sitting at a table having drinks and chatting*

Clarissa: Twilight and the others have done many great things so far.

Jeff: Yep, that’s why they’re Equestria’s heroes.

Clarissa: It’s also amazing how you’re the theater’s film historian, Cinema.

Cinema: Yeah, it’s a small job, but it pays well. Can’t imagine working anywhere else.

*Clarissa then noticed the job openings not far away*

Clarissa: *reads that a waitress was in need. So she decided to sign up for the job, partially to help and serve the guests, but mostly to be with Cinema*

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Better get set on your share of the reactions for the new chapter soon. I don't expect Hunter's to be the absolute best... 'at all'... but I'm sure we can only expect a minimal effort at best.

*Cinema was telling Clarissa what cases he was working on, from the fire at Discord’s Theater during Hearth’s Warming to that thing involving both Celestia and Chrysalis.*

Clarissa: So the fire wasn’t Clozy’s doing.

Cinema: Nope. Whoever started the fire must’ve had fire powers, like a dragon.

Clarissa: And Chrysalis’ friend… Who could’ve caused Celestia to do that to him and break Chrysalis’ heart?…

Cinema: That’s what Arctic and I are trying to find out. When we find out who made Celestia do that terrible thing, he or she will be sorry.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In case remodeling is in order.

That’s a brilliant idea! It would definitely help to justify the large audience in the theater during the commentaries.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I did take inspiration from that famous 'Chinese Theater' in Hollywood, California.

Grauman's Chinese Theatre, I believe it’s called

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yes, I know the name of the theater. I wasn't looking for a name, but yes... that's what it's called.

If you do another horror movie soon, I bet you 100 bits that Discord would pull this kinda prank as the movie’s promotion:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know what's funny? My girlfriend actually wants to see this movie. I don't really know what struck her interest, but we 'could' see this movie. At least she's one of the few girls I know who actually like horror movies.

*Cinema, Clarissa and Jeff(Discord clone) were now around a table having a meal*

Clarissa: You know, Phantom Dragon’s a really nice guy.

Jeff: Yeah, he’s a solid stallion. He’s got great friends, including Cinema, married to the leader of the Kirin, and is now a loving father to River Song. Just a shame he’s soon retiring after the current adventure going on.

Clarissa: He is?

Jeff: Yeah. He has other things to focus on in life. Looking after his family, and his career as an animator. No worries though, he’ll come in every now and again to check on us.

Clarissa: Well, I hope he succeeds in that. But who will be his successor?

Cinema: Who knows? Though if he finds a successor, he or she will need to have a great sense of responsibility, have a great passion for movies like I do, and keep things entertaining while keeping the theater safe from the Benefactor and the dark armies.

Jeff: Amen to that.

• Viewing 301 - 350 of 348