Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 208 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 208
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I honestly don't blame you as to why these things are so scary. To think, that the only reason they even attack everyone and everything when it comes to whatever makes sounds is because it hurts them. That it risks exposing the monsters of their weakness depending on the frequency of the noise itself. Otherwise, if nothing was making any sounds, they'd pretty much leave everything else alone.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The Mummy

Can you imagine?

1. Being hacked to pieces by someone you trusted and…mistress?
  2. The mummification process was already gruesome when the person was dead. But having, as Evelyn quoted, “they take a SHARP, red hot poker, and stick it up your nose, scramble about your head, and then RIP IT out of your nostril.” See, there’s a reason why you’ll be dead when they do this. It’s very painful. Just ask Imhotep’s priests, who were MUMMIFIED ALIVE!
  3. And lastly, Imhotep has it worse than anyone else. He endured a curse called the Hom Dai. The process involves cutting your tongue off, wrapping you in bandages, putting you in a sarcophagus, with flesh-eating bugs. YEESH! The curse could kill you. Sure…but, you’re doomed to be an undead for all of eternity. You could die, then be alive again, and die again, and the process repeats so on and so forth. And with this curse, you receive some real nasty superpowers, as demonstrated by Imhotep.

So, in a way, the Hom-Dai curse can turn you into some kind of Egyptian “liche”. Question is: Is it worth all the trouble?

Killer Klowns from outer space!

Its CRAAAZY!

They've been 'knocking em dead', all over the universe, and will soon be doing it at a theater near you!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Say what you will about the guy but he definitely had it rough. He fell in love with a Pharaoh's daughter despite the fact that it was 'forbidden'. And yet, they took a chance to have this secret affair and in doing so a ruler was brutally slain just to keep this one secret between them. And then when he tried to revive his love after she took her own life, rather than facing a lifetime of imprisonment, he was stripped of his chance and punished to endure a fate worse than death... which in hindsight would ultimately backfire.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

To think, the first 'Mummy' movie was in some ways legitimately a horror movie to some extent. But then as more and more sequels were produced, they focused more on the 'action' quality rather than the scares or horror.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Her death rattle is like Tic-Toc the Crocodile’s clock…and we’re all Captain Hook!

The Grudge

These Japanese Vengeful Ghosts, or Yūrei, are invincible! They fit the bill of invincible villains trope!

Because once you’ve been cursed, you can’t escape it! It’s just a matter of time before they catch you, and then you die a violent and brutal death, and then it turns you into one of them, and the curse continues.

It’s not a pretty picture. I’M MORE TERRIFIED OF THEM THAN I WAS OF CARRIE!!!

*Hides in my pillow fort, with protection spells for added measures*

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sucks to be whomever ends up cursed by these creatures. What's worse than not being able to escape is that you can't even fight back against these creatures. It's like trying to run away from cancer or something.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Stephen King's Pet Cemetery
The Wendigo

I would hate to imagine if the mane 6, Spike and any other characters accompanied with them would enter a portal that would take them to West Virginia and discover this abandoned town in order to get some answers of what happened there. Especially if they encounter little Alessa when they're sent in the dark dimension of this town twice.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

No matter which version of this movie we prefer, it's definitely haunting. And the stories of the Wendigo and it's effects upon their most unfortunate victims. Usually when cannibalism is involved during this process.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

How can something so wholesome and endearing be so scary?!

It’s bad enough some twisted brony could make a sick version of Pinkie Pie’s Smile song. Now this?!

(Screaming to the sky) ALASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

It's a movie the Joker would love to see. It'd definitely put one on his face

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Some friends have been 'telling' me about this movie for quite some time. I'm honestly not certain what to think of it myself, but they say it's a decent flick.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Dude, why would this be a fucking spoiler? If it's an idea to suggest for the series, there's no sense in blocking this. Vice versa, if you want to make a film request, we have a film request thread.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The thing about horror movies is that a lot of the villains our heroes will come across are relentless and just downright invincible. Meaning they can't be destroyed. Or can they? Just not by any known mortal understanding...

We've seen ghosts, serial killers, even a cult of lunatics...but the Wendigo will surely bring a terrifying experience to our heroes. It's a savage hungry powerhouse that thinks only of its stomach. And it can never get enough! Worse still, it controls a whole pack of animals it brings back from the dead to serve its purpose.

Pet Sematary
The Wendigo attack

"TWILIIIIIIGGGGHHHTTTTT!!!!" Spike and the ponies screamed in horror, watching helplessly as Twilight was dragged by the tail, closer to the awaiting jaws of the ravenous undead animals.

But none were more hungrier than the demon that brought them back to life. The Wendigo stepped forward, and Twilight was forced to gaze into its empty hollow eye sockets of its exposed skull. Whether the wendigo can actually see her, or not, one thing is for certain, it has no trouble finding her. The hideous demon cracked its drooling mouth open, spilling the frigid stale air of death in Twilight's face, licking its tongue, baring its rotten teeth for a taste of her flesh.

Why do you feel Pet Sematary is the appropriate film for such a creature?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Because it is in the movie?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Reverse psychology at its best. Before, Sunset was lost and Twilight had one job to find her.

But here, Twilight and her friends go missing and Sunset Shimmer has to find them.

Stephen King’s Pet Sematary…or IT. Maybe both

“Twilight? Twilight?” Sunset called out, her voice echoing through the woods.

Unfortunately, her calls were answered, by the appearance of a ravenous wolf.

Sunset was petrified. It wasn’t as big as the Loth-Wolves from the Galaxy, but it is just as intimidating in appearance. Upon seeing her, the wolf licked its chops, making its intent clear on eating her.

Sunset took off running with the wolf chasing her, until she crossed paths with another wolf. Sunset quickly whipped out her lightsabers to try and fend them off, but more wolves kept on coming, barking and biting after her.

“Stay back!” Sunset waved her hand, telekinetically push the wolves back.

But the wolves were undeterred and they continued to chase after Sunset Shimmer, as she kept on running through the woods, when…

Sunset looked up and was horrified to see the demon towering above her. Its antlers touching the treetops of the dead woodland and its empty eyes staring into her soul. Sunset tried to repel it, with her lightsaber, her wand, Force Lightning, even resorting to a Force Choke. But no matter what attacks she threw at it, the demon was hardly fazed.

And for a brief moment, her vision flashed to see the late Darth Nihilus standing in place of the wendigo. A Sith Lord whose mask was just as pale, whose eyes are as empty as the Wendigo’s skull, whose misery is just as hollow as the demon.

”I am the darkness of which all life dies…all life exists simply to sacrifice itself to me…to feed my powers…I hunger for power…I crave it…the energy!”

Sunset tried to run, by the predators immediately barred her only escape route.

I've only read the novel and I don't remember seeing it

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hence why we always keep getting more and more sequels when dealing with monsters. They are never truly destroyed; some circumstance will likely bring them back and that just means more unfortunate victims to terrorize. Even the follow-ups that come about are not exactly as good as the first movie (Nor even better than the previous film).

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I only saw the ending to that movie when it aired on T.V. one night. But I remember the first time when I saw the scene when the man dragged the kid to try to end him, I was really young and had no idea what was going on.

And it was probably for the best given what that kid could do....

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And then he gets shot before he has a chance to ensure that the Devil never haunts the grounds again. Next thing you know that kid is climbing up the ranks so to speak.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I heard rumors there was going to be a 'Poppy Playtime' movie, but I'm thinking... isn't it too early? I mean the game's not even that old and we don't even know how it all ends.

Unless... unless the company 'do' know how they want to tie up the events of the story. So, when eventually the next chapter comes out (If and ONLY if it serves as the final in the game unless the ending suggests otherwise) perhaps Poppy Playtime already has an idea cooking up on what they want to cover. Though for all we know, it could be a whole prequel that sets up the chain of events leading to the factory being abandoned and how eventually this mysterious individual wound up searching that factory for answers when we as a general audience may have a slim idea as to just what happened. If the recent videos the company did haven't told us already.

I'd say Terminator is more thriller than horror.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

To those who think a 'thriller' is the same as 'horror', allow me to clarify that:

While horror creates a feeling of shock and fear, suspense creates tension and unease. As a result, thrillers are often more suspenseful than horror stories, as they build up to a climax designed to leave the reader on the edge of their seat.

On the other hand, horror is more concerned with instilling fear and disgust in the audience by focusing on the act itself and its aftermath.

However, horror elements can still be present in a thriller, and vice versa, providing additional scares or increased tension.

Thrillers are also typically more plot-driven than horror, which tends to be more straightforward. Thrillers are often fast-paced and action-packed, making them adrenaline-inducing reads, while horror can be either fast-paced jump scares or creeping dread.

Additionally, horror often relies heavily on gore and violence, while thriller tends to be somewhat less graphic. As a result, horror movies and books usually have more gore and violence than thrillers do.

In horror movies, death and violence are often shown graphically or overtly, while in thriller films, they are usually implied or suggested. As a result, horror is typically more graphic and explicit, while thriller is more suggestive and understated.

So, to make a long story short...

Random Guy: (Off-screen) Too late!

Horror scares us; thrillers excite us.

Exactly! Very well put!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Then as it turns out, there's only so much that not even the book itself can offer. You must be willing to expand your knowledge beyond just 'one' source.

Cube (Film Series)
This series is interesting because they came out in Canada while only one did come to America too which was Cube 2: Hypercube, and there's a new movie that came out in 2021 and only in Japan. There is a rumor that there might be an American remake but is currently on hold and it's being made by Lionsgate.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I've only really seen the first movie in general, and it was definitely... an 'interesting' piece. The legacy goes beyond movies. I believe there was even a Mod where you can actually play inside the Cube.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm leaning this idea more towards the 'maybe' section. We've received a 'ton' of horror suggestions, but does even 'one' of them stand out? To which I say... I don't know.

Comment posted by Mariobrosfan8000 deleted Aug 31st, 2023

(laugh) :pinkiehappy:🎃 Oh, I remember watching this movie a few times. Always remember to not put out the jack-o'-lantern before midnight.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Loved this movie. The zombie children, the werewolves, the serial killer trying to bury a poisoned kid, and the Sam kid who turned out to be a demon... oh yeah, this was some entertaining stuff. There was talk that there'd be a follow-up to this movie, but so far, we haven't heard much about it.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

If we're bringing Hazbin Hotel into the mix, then something tells me that Vox will have control over this ghost girl, considering he IS a TV demon Overlord.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

But the actual horror would be Vox taking control of the magic TV!

With it, he can pretty much teleport wherever he, and his colleagues, wants to go to wreak havoc, or even control the path flow of when and where our heroes and villains can arrive at anytime, anyplace, in any worlds.

Even dividing our heroes up so that he can pick them off, one by one.

And if the TV wasn’t bad enough (the occasional malfunctions here and there) once Vox is plugged in, he could even alter reality via the magic TV, even control time itself! (Fast forward, rewind, and pause)

Our heroes would be helpless!

Potential Scenario:

Vox: “PAUSE!” (Freezes Rainbow Dash in the air) “Ha! Not so fast now, are ya, horsefly? HA HA HA HA!”

Storm Shield: “VOX! Playtime’s over! STOP THIS—“

Vox: “Ugh. OCs suck! Why don’t you just—MUTE!”

Storm Shield: (Gets muted) “…..” ! 😳😲😱😡🤬

Vox: (Wags his fingers mockingly) “Ah-ah-ah! No swearing! This is a kid’s show, you know? Oh wait. NO IT’S NOT AMANDA! HA HA HA!” (Pauses Storm Shield and turns to Rainbow Dash) “Now, what to do with you, my little pony? OH!”

Vox unpauses Rainbow Dash, causing her to crash into Applejack.

Rainbow Dash: “WHOOOOA!!!” (Crashes into Applejack) “Ow.”

Vox: “Ooh! That’s gotta hurt. HOW ABOUT THIS? REWIND!” (Rewinds Rainbow Dash and Applejack before they crashed) “FAST FORWARD!” (Repeats) “REPEAT!” (Puts them in an endless loop of repeatedly crashing into each other)

Vox: “NOW THIS IS HEAVEN! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAA!!! Now, to wipe that smug grin off of Alastor’s face!” (Sees Alastor) “Ah! Speak of the devil!”

Not to criticize or anything, but... I can't really watch horror movies cause of two reasons.

1. They scare the crap out of me

2. My mom doesn't watch many horror movies either, so we don't have any at our house.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

That's okay. I'm not a big fan of horror movies either.

1. I get squeamish very easily at all the bloods and violence.
  2. I don't like jumpscares.
  3. A lot of the heroes never win.
  4. And Stephen King's Carrie traumatized me when I made the mistake of watching the movie on a TV Channel, as a kid...

Neither am I, so you're not alone.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 208