Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 208 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 208
extremeenigma02
Group Admin

You know the one thing that I am trying to figure out is one of the genres in my potential stories and that is horror. Many of the other categories I could easily through our six heroines in but it’s hard coming up with some jumping off points for the scary franchise. Anybody have any ideas?

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

What about alien? They can't simply blast the creature especially with its blood acid

extremeenigma02
Group Admin

That one is certainly in the wheel house for things I may do down the road. Thank you for the suggestion

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin
Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

What do you mean a wheel house of things?

The Shining

The Exorcist

The Hannibal Lector Films

A Quiet Place

The Purge Franchise

Jaws

extremeenigma02
Group Admin

All very wonderful ideas thank you

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Not bad choices

extremeenigma02
Group Admin

It’s an expression meaning that it’s stores in my vault of ideas

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Ahh get it now

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Would a horror come after Scooby doo

extremeenigma02
Group Admin

Hard to say exactly what would come after that these for right now are ideas for future stories

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Fair enough

M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable Trilogy

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Honestly I thought it was a pretty random choice to make a 'Horror' column for this series. Unless all those threads were made by "you" personally, Double E., I feel like they were just randomly put together for the sole purpose in that they are a variety of cinema. Now the A.F.I. didn't do much in terms of a Top 10 Horror films during the time they did those specials, but I'm sure there was a few who made the 100 Movies list (On two of them, I think).

extremeenigma02
Group Admin

When I put this group together and started doing the different folders for different genres, I wanted to add a little of everything. Plus I have seen a few MLP horror docs on this site so I know it can work. When I first added the horror genre there was one that came to mind that broke box office records when it debuted.

The Conjuring

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The Conjuring huh... Well, I've never seen the movie myself but why not? Could be a learning experience.

extremeenigma02
Group Admin

Yeah that was the first horror movie I ever saw. Scared me to death almost. Thing I like most about it...it’s real

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Most of it was indeed based on actual events, even though Hollywood did take certain liberties with the story. But yeah, given the popularity of 'The Conjuring' movies, someone was bound to take a shot at those films.

Comment posted by Tim Ribbert deleted Dec 15th, 2019
Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Yeah it always has the based on true events tagline but if we are gonna do horror can we not have it have the ones where everyone dies like found footage of the saw series

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Now you are REALLY starting to push it, Mr. Ribbert.

But whatever Double E. decides, it is his decision and his alone.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Sorry typo i ment not have wouldn't have the main 6 did in horrible ways and in where everyone dies

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well, absolutely not. We cannot afford to kill off 'any' of the Mane Six, not even Spike. Sure they have made a few 'questionable' decisions during the later seasons, some reverting to their Season One ways. But that automatically doesn't mean we should 'condemn' them for those acts just because we want some 'pony' to blame for their actions or exploit out of their own downfalls (Sadly, that's how the world is: Blaming, following, exploiting, authority, whatever). I mean SURE there are 'tons' of FanFics that won't hesitate to kill off some ponies because it's fanfiction... But is it the 'right' thing for everyone else?

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin
Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Not a bad choice what made you think that one for the main 6 and Spike what would you like to do it you chose the conjuring

extremeenigma02
Group Admin

It came to me mostly because that was the first horror movie I ever saw and because it is considered one of the most famous hauntings in America. The move itself broke box office records

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well we'll just see if eventually this movie makes the list at the right time.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

interested in doing this?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

'Predator' huh?

In a way, we can see why fans call it a 'rival' for Alien but definitely taking a more military vibe and Earth setting. This is no girls movie by any means (Even though there's one female character in the group). The method to deal with this 'Predator' is not going to be sunshine and unicorns. We're talking about a creature who thrives for the ultimate hunt, taking on those that it deems an imposing threat. It's not a creature that hunts for food or to take over the planet, it just wants to prove it's the ultimate hunter.

Hey can he do these movies for Halloween:

Please?

P.S, when he’s writing the next adventure, maybe he could combine both movies so that it may make sense (prequel before movie).

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... Just because there's promise to do that movie, ultimately it's the boss who ultimately makes the decisions on which movies to do. While the original 'Thing' is indeed a classic, with unpredictable moments at the time, I'm a little uneasy about getting the ponies into these situations. We'll just have to play it by year.

I can think of one idea here

Terminator

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I wouldn't say 'The Terminator' is a horror movie, even taking into account of the first movie. In a way, it's more like an action-suspense movie.

Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted Dec 25th, 2019

I wonder if he could add Krampus?

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

The ending is too depressing

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

We are looking for horror where sometimes it work out at the end

There’s the Goosebumps movies

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

That could work

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

'Technically' Goosebumps is not really straight forward 'Horror' despite the ghosts, monsters, and supernatural elements. In some ways, it's like a 'Dark Comedy' with horror elements as while there are plenty of scares to go around there is some light hearted moments to maintain a sense of balance. In a way, the best I can describe it is... 'Tales From the Crypt' or 'The Twilight Zone' for kids.

Comment posted by Tim Ribbert deleted Jan 10th, 2020
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 208