Shipping the Straight Way 112 members · 128 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

There's already a straight shipping group, why do we need another?

7153646 Sometimes similar groups pop up and there is nothing wrong with that.

That one is featured around straight shipping, but can also have gay ships in the story. This one is just straight shipping

So unlike the other group, this group dosen't allow fanfics that have both hetrosexualtey and homosexualtey? And it doesn't allow M-rated stories. But the other group does allow foalcon, what this group's stance on that? If I were you: I'd probably ban pedophillia/foalcon, and promotion of pedophillia/foalcon.

That rule you just made is is "No pedophillia/foalcon. This means any underage character in a sexual relation." I have mixed feelings about that. I agree with banning pedophillia, obviously. But I think that the "underage" bit is problematic, for a few reasons.

#1: It is not pedophillia for an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old, or two 17-year-olds, to have sex. It may be "underage", but it aien't pedophillia. And I think it's a really bad idea to lump that stuff in with pedophillia!

#2: We don't actually know how old these characters are. Applejack (for example) could be 17, or she could 24.

#3: This is probably the most practical issue. Does this rule mean that, if the lovers in the story are teenagers, it can't be stated or implied that they have sex? And what if their exact age isn't specified? What if the fanfic says that they're teens, but doesn't say if they've reached their 18th birthday yet?

I agree with banning pedophillia, but I'm thinking the "underage" bit is more trouble than it's worth.

The new rule is "No pedophillia/foalcon". Short, simple, and to the point. There's something to be said for that that approach.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10