E.R.A 378 members · 339 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Does anyone around here think that the Student Six deserve to get a sequel TV spin-off to “Friendship is Magic”?

In all honesty, I feel that the six of them are characters with unfinished business. Their stories are far from finished, and they have potential that was wasted due to coming too late into the series and because of it ending in favor of completing the Main Six’s journey on a high note.

I literally don’t even want to see it continue via comics because I don’t consider very many of them canon, and I want to see the performers of the characters have more opportunities to voice them.

An idea that ran in my head was that there was a pretty good gap between their time at the School of Friendship from Twilight’s coronation to their graduation, and that the REAL Grogar could be the main antagonist for them to combat.

What do you guys think?

I personally don’t even care about them as characters. They literally had nothing note-worthy that actually appealed to me. They’re only decent enough to be supporting characters though. But I do agree that the writers should’ve given them more attention and development. Had they done that, I would have actually liked them in the same way I like the Mane Six. I think the Young Six should’ve been introduced in the earlier seasons of the show. Those are my honest thoughts and my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing.

StarlightisVERYcute
Group Admin

I feel a whole spinoff dedicated to the student 6 is excessive. But I'd love a Starlight + Sunburst + Trixie spinoff.

I love them as characters, especially Gallus, Ocellus, Silverstream, and Smolder. I feel the writers really mistreated them. They didn't give them enough content of their personalities being developed. Replace The End in Friend and Non-Compete Clause with two episodes of the six just doing something together and it'd be much better.

I respect your opinion. And yes, that would have been interesting to watch in the series.

I do think the show dropped the ball on them in Season 9, especially the latter half. Like, was there even a point to the whole Treehouse thing? (Besides toys.) And them never properly becoming Element Bearers is a crime.

On the other hand, I'm not sure about them supporting a full spin-off. Perhaps some kind of mini-series?

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them get more characterization. From what I've heard however, I don't think Hasbro is going to go that way.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I know.

With every plan I’ve read that they were going to be doing, it seems like Allspark is suddenly squandering the potential of several of their characters, going more with the ‘money talks’ style than the ‘what people want and are interested in’ style.

I mean like people wouldn't buy toys for the same characters if you changed minor things about them. Lego pulls that stunt all the time and they're not exactly hurting for business.

YES! BY GOD, YES!

This is why I find fanfics about the characters so neat. If you want more of something, just write it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10