Warriors of Jesus 125 members · 252 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

So we all know the story of how God flooded the Earth and only Noah and his family survived, right? Right. Moving on.

Anyways, most people talk about how God flooded the whole Earth...but what if he didn't flood the whole planet?

I started thinking about this when I took a look at the measurements for the Ark: 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet tall, in modern measurements. But considering that they were taking a whole lot of animals and supplies aboard, doesn't that come across as a little too small to fit 2-7 members of every living animal species on the planet?

So that, coupled with the locations of Mount Ararat and the general location of the earliest human fossil finds led me to come up with this...

You see the Arabian Plate there? That's the general area of Mount Ararat in Turkey, approximately.

So my theory is this: instead of all of the world's water levels being raised, either the Arabian Plate or the African plate, or perhaps both, were sunk down, creating a kind of bowl which rapidly was filled with water over the course of the 40 days.

There are probably some issues here, but I think it's an intriguing idea.

What do you think?

BradyBunch
Group Admin

Huh. I'm intrigued. Did you come up with this yourself, or was it a preexisting theory?

As far as I know, I came up with it myself.

Intriguing... I'm intrigued... :pinkiegasp::moustache:
Probably... I think so, too...
I kind think it rose AND fell.
Hmm...*fanfics ideas insue* xF

Godslittleprincess
Group Contributor

Hmm, is there anything particularly bowl-shaped about Africa or the Arabian plate? :applejackunsure: Genesis 7 also says that God said He was going to wipe out EVERY living creature He had made save for Noah, his family, and a select few animals. If the Flood was only the result of two plates sinking, that would mean the rest of the Earth was unpopulated at the time of the flood. :applejackunsure: There's also the idea that the Earth was one large land mass at the time and that the continents didn't exist until maybe four generations after the Flood. Maybe fewer animals lived on land back then.

So the flood didn't kill off the dinosaurs?

I've heard this theory before, but it was only put in terms of "maybe God just meant the world as Noah knew it, not the entire earth" you have a possible cause, which I haven't heard before.

Godslittleprincess brings up Genesis 10:25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

I've wondered about this too, and while it can make interesting conversation, it's ultimately not related to our salvation, so God is probably not going to clarify this for us in our mortal lifetime.

Personally, I think they were long gone by then.

Of course not. Dinosaurs were extinct way before humans even came on the scene.

That's what I was saying. Humans and dinosaurs have never coexisted.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10