My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 860 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Light Heart101
Group Contributor

The Draconequus-To-Alicorn Talk

Written by

ThePinkedWonder

Summary: This story is a sequel to She Did WHAT To You?!

After Princess Twilight Sparkle delivered an unimaginable punishment to Queen Chrysalis, Discord takes it upon himself to have an important talk with her. A Draconequus-To-Alicorn Talk. He's watched on long enough.

Will his talk with Twilight, or therapy session, be effective?

And if Twilight thinks having Discord as her unexpected pseudo-therapist is crazy enough, wait until she sees who else has come to "help" her...

Analysis: Part of the amazing series that I have had the pleasure of reviewing, I am sad to say that this story is the weakest of the series so far. That doesn't mean that this story is bad, in fact, it's still rather funny. It just doesn't feel as funny as the other stories in this series. The plot is interesting, seeing Discord being serious and pointing out Twilight's rage problems in her punishments. I guess it just lacked the brutal punishments that the other stories are known for. It's a good story with a few good parts. It just doesn't outrank the others.

Writing: 9/10. Not bad as usual, but there is a part or two that doesn't look right.

Discord snapped his fingers, and the purple chair Twilight sat on transformed into a purple couch, a type similar to what patients in therapy may lie on. Twilight herself was repositioned and lay(I feel like it should have been the word "Laid") on her back.

Besides that, it's not to bad.

The plot of the story: 7:10 This is the sequel to the other stories in this series, but this one is rather tame compared to the others. I don't know if this is just a springboard to the next installment, but it doesn't have as much content as the other stories. It feels like a step back from the outrageous punishments and fear of said punishments.

Story flow: 8:10 I will give props for its comical start with Discord, but it felt like Nightmare's part could have been elaborated on more. Even then, the ending holds promise.

Final score: 24/30 8/10

This is still a funny story, but when it's compared to the others in the series, it feels lacking. I hope that this will be a good springboard in the next story. Even then, it's a good read that I'd recommend. (Along with the rest of the series.)

Comment posted by TheHardie-Boy deleted Apr 27th, 2020

Thanks for the review and i will first admit that the last story of this little mini-series is a bit of a let down, though I don't think it's bad.

But I did want to bring this up though.

Discord snapped his fingers, and the purple chair Twilight sat on transformed into a purple couch, a type similar to what patients in therapy may lie on. Twilight herself was repositioned and lay on her back.

Looking up the difference between "lay" (as in the simple past tense version of lie) and "laid", "lay" should be correct here I'm not mistaken, since Twilight was changed to lying on her back as the chair was turned into a couch simultaneously. From its definition, "laid" is only used then something has/have/had laid something else down, but if it's doing it or done it by itself, than it's lay or have/has/had lain. At least, it is if I understood it correctly.

Light Heart101
Group Contributor

I never said that the story is bad, and I could be wrong on the grammar here,

Oh, I meant about the final story possibly being a let down, but I know you said that this story wasn't bad: a 8 out of 10 can't be bad:twilightsmile: That part of my comment wasn't about this story, but my bad if it wasn't clear,

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5