The Bronycon Bookstore 58 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

So what's going on in here? Place is kind of dead. Is everything still going according to plan?

I just ordered my books and submitted my manuscript to the bronybookstore@gmail.com email address. Still unclear whether the deadline was July 4th or the 7th. Was that a hard deadline? Or could we just call it the 7th for anyone else who's not quite ready yet?

And how are we pricing books? Or more specifically, what kind of cut is the bookstore taking, and should we be putting price tags on our books? There's kind of a lot of details left, and we've only got a month to go.

I'm counting on the 7th being the deadline because I still have art coming in for the book.

Pricing the books is up to you. I didn't think the bookstore was taking anything apart from handling tax, but I'm not in it for the money so I haven't followed that info closely.

RBDash47
Site Blogger

Place is kind of dead.

This isn't an official group, to wit: Aquaman isn't here.

As to the rest, the deadline is the 7th; the bookstore's not taking a cut of anything; price tags is a good question.

I know a few people have their books on order or in their hands already--I’ve got proof copies of one and another’s coming either tomorrow or Saturday (which doesn’t leave a lot of time, but that’s how I roll.

As far as I know from Aquaman--and this is NOT official--we’re on our own for setting prices; I presume he’ll have a sheet with prices or something like that. I don’t think that we’ll be having price tags on individual books . . . that hasn’t come up in any discussions.

6913601 Well he's said both dates and hasn't answered me when I asked, so...
6913611 Maybe someone should get him in here?
6913622 That's plenty of time. And the thing is, if there's over 60 books, a price sheet might not suffice, but I'm not the one running the joint, so...

The 7th is the deadline for ordering, yes? Or the deadline for having a proof? I'll have my book ready and totally proofed for printing then, but I won't likely have a proof copy by then.

If I have to do it blind, I'll do it blind. I'm def in this.

I put in my order already according to the numbers reported on the survey, with a fudge factor. I probably over-ordered, but worst case, I'll have Christmas presents for the puzzled relatives. And some extra copies of Monster. And a stack of bookmarks.

"Is this some sort of... horse on the cover? Gee, Uncle Georg. Thanks. I think."

You know a ton of authors are also going to want to buy, though, and there are thousands of attendees. I think that survey was not very useful in predicting interest. Lots of people are going to walk by that bookstore and get interested.

RBDash47
Site Blogger

The deadline for emailing Aquaman a PDF proof and a (redacted) copy of your order invoice, to prove that a) your book exists and b) will be in hand in time for the con.

(At this point, yeah, you don't have time to wait for a physical proof to show up before placing your actual order.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10