The (Not So) Cynical Creators Guild 230 members · 997 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

It can be summed up by being pressured to succeed, being told that you can achieve greatness and even be a hero your whole life. Working to that goal while hearing your parents fight every day, being beaten up and ridiculed at school every day, being unable to make real friends. Then your mother reveals her true colors and is diagnosed a sociopath, a divorce starts, you live with your mother for a year in neglect then you go live with your dad.

You do so, at first the relationship is strained because you suck at math and he cannot fathom why you are not understanding concepts that are basic to him.

After a year in middle-school of being yelled at and having no friends and studying till practically midnight every day and videogames on Saturday when you are lucky, you improve. You then go to High School and get bullied and beaten up again, and get into fights at least three times a week every weak. Some people are afraid of you.

You then transfer to a school with individualized learning and an accelerated program. You graduate High School at 16 having rejected a girl that might have actually loved you because you thought that you weren't good looking enough for any girl to like you and thought it to be a trap to be ridiculed again. Go to college to Study Engineering, no friends.

Except for the friends that you used to have in the Boy Scouts but you never stayed in touch. I have more free time through better management ironically. I break, I can't keep up, I fail. I pass. I fail. I take a language class to Italy and pass with an A.

But it is too late. I transfer to another college, study Busyness. I then fail again due to a deteriorating mental state.

I take part-time jobs and wander around the city alone thinking. I become a Brony and eventually start writing fan fiction.

I am now back in college, with no friends, no first kiss, and with broken dreams of becoming a writer. Alone. Only delusion, a cat, and a loving father that tries to still save me, keeping me away from suicide. I'll probably die alone at 50 due to bad cholesterol or some medical crap. Waifus and some of the best literature in the world are the only things to sustain me.

Yep. So there boys and girls! I am a big loser! You don't have to guess anymore.

I'm sorry you went through all that.

Oh, did I mention the confirmation in my head that my mother was a sociopath was the house fire in 2006 when I was 13 that nearly killed me and dad may have been caused by an outside force? Because it was. It took only four years to fix the damage. And most of a fortune was lost. Yeah.

Yep. Honestly I wish I could die without any repercussions to anyone else around me. Just rot in a ditch somewhere. That or hide under a rock with a PC somewhere and with a means to maintain a steady income to ensure my meager survival.

If you ever need to talk, PM me.

Leondude
Group Contributor

Man, your life sounds rough. To quote Nietzsche "to live is to suffer. To survive is to find meaning in the suffering". Also sucks that you're related to a sociopath, especially since it was your mum. Here, have another waifu:

She had a rough life too. Part and parcel of saving the multiverse from those who wish to alter it. She even lost an eye to an evil overlord with a penchant for rape called Dark Conquest.

And yes, she is partially inspired by Asuka from Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka.

Jesus dude, I'm sorry you had to go through that

Just like Asuka she seems to be in pain. (The art can even be retconned to be that she is stuck inside a Demon Childs dimension of infantile suffering.) Oh! Maybe we can turn the staff into a mace! She looks like a sukeban, I can imagine that she fights Oni in secret with a gang of fellow sekuban Bikers. And they are a gang of tough angry girls that leave the city and move from town to town in Japan killing demons.

Eh, I just got really sad as all hell and possibly suicidal. Wrote my life story here through my cellphone. I'll recuperate. I'll make myself some Irish Coffee now that I am home.

Leondude
Group Contributor

Hmm, that could actually work. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11