The (Not So) Cynical Creators Guild 230 members · 997 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

They already introduced Punisher to the MCU

Leondude
Group Contributor

Interesting. However, isn't the Punisher already a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe by virtue of appearing in the Daredevil Netflix series before getting his own Netflix series?

Personally, I think the next Spiderman movie would either be one with Scorpion as the main bad guy or it would be like Batman v Superman but with Venom and Spiderman instead (and it would be better than both BvS and the Venom movie). I know the Venom movie isn't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe but who wouldn't want to see Tombowl (that's what I'm calling a hypothetical conflict between Tom Hardy's Venom and Tom Holland's Spiderman)?

I find this unlikely. The Punisher's already been incorporated into the MCU thanks to the Netflix series. Ignoring that, given everything he's been through, I doubt Frank Castle would start hunting Spidey just because of some flimsy evidence.

I've no doubt that the third movie will likely feature J. Jonah Jameson in some capacity, and I'm actually hopeful that the film could bring in Daredevil to defend Peter Parker in court, but there's no guarantee for any of that.

If i remember correctly the Netflix shows were always canon but not canon.

That's uh...not how this works. At all.

Like they took place in the mcu but their stories didn't effect the mcu.

Just because their stories were small in scale compared to Endgame, didn't mean they're still the same storyline.

Besides i think most fans don't consider the tv shows canon

Well, they're wrong.

Also considering Netflix and Disney are no longer friends but enemies and Netflix is most likley going to snap those shows off the platform,I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned all those shows

I feel like Disney is gonna put them on another platform (other than their own, that is).

Inhumans isn't a Netflix series. They tried making Inhumans an MCU movie, but instead, they went with making it a Mini-Series. Unfortunately, I have not seen the series for myself, nor did I hear good things about it, so I don't know how it impacted the MCU.

Hellblazer
Group Admin

Also considering Netflix and Disney are no longer friends but enemies and Netflix is most likley going to snap those shows off the platform,I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned all those shows

According to reports, once the 2 year gap is over, Disney may revive the shows on Hulu.

Like they took place in the mcu but their stories didn't effect the mcu. nor references them . Besides i think most fans don't consider the tv shows canon(i mean common Inhumans,the never brought up in the movies and their a big deal)

The Netflix shows reference the MCU quite a bit, mainly in Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Agents of SHIELD had a season finale last year taking place at the same time as Thanos' arrival in Wakanda. Other shows in the continuity reference the InHumans. Hell, a huge part of Agents of SHIELD is about the group's existence being revealed to the world. Not to mention how several cast members of both the films and shows have hinted at a possible crossover, namely Kingpin appearing in a future Spider-Man film. It's safe to say the shows are canon, they just don't affect the main plotline of the films, instead choosing to tell their own.

Yeah, and they're still canon.

It's safe to say the shows are canon, they just don't affect the main plotline of the films, instead choosing to tell their own.

I couldn't agree more. It's like the Star Wars Expanded Universe: Telling stories that don't affect the plotlines of the movies for the sake of telling more original stories.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11