Please Read My Story 367 members · 3,846 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
TLuster Dawn: New Days of the Magic of Friendship
Twilight wants to break the curse of immortality to pass with her friends. But first she must find a Successor to take her place. Can she do it or does Equestria need her to stay? What tests await candidate Luster Dawn as an ancient villain returns?
SamSwordsman123 · 126k words  ·  98  22 · 3.5k views

Hello everyone, I'm looking to share my story Luster Dawn New Days of the Magic of Friendship, a remade and combined version of two of my other stories. The primary purpose of this story is to give a better ending for people who were saddened by the finale which apparently broke Megan McCarthy's promise that Twilight would not outlive her friends. But Jim Miller said they don't know how long everyone lives including Twilight, which I take as they're leaving it up to fans to decide.

Now immortality has a lot of opinions of it. Most people on here seem to think it is a gift, but I believe its a curse. The way I saw the finale there was a cursebreaker option. The ending basically repeats the beginning with Twilight sending a student of her own to Ponyville in Luster Dawn. My theory is this, Twilight is training Luster Dawn to be her successor so she can give up her immortality to die with her friends. I have a different theory than the whole alicornhood means immortality or longer lifespan thing. I think that it is actually Celestia and Luna's power over the sun and moon that grants them immortality, I read this a year ago while looking at the MLP wiki. Jim Miller also said the sisters gave Twilight their powers when they fused their crowns, Celestia even said they were leaving the sun and moon in Twilight's hoofs. I also notice the sisters didn't appear in the last episode aside from flashbacks so if the part about the powers being the source of their immortality is true they may have aged rapidly.

So if Twilight finds a successor to take her place and give the power to, she will age rapidly and catch up with her friends most likely. But how would Luster prove herself a worthy successor? By facing a villain of her own, how about the REAL GROGAR? WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE MAIN VILLAIN IN THE END.

If you like the idea of Twilight being immortal, outliving her friends and think she can handle it, you just do you. I want to give people who were upset by the immortality and see it as a curse a way out. I'm sure we can all agree that we don't want Twilight to suffer a fate worse than death, which is how I see immortality. I would be fine if all of them were immortal or long lived, or even with Twilight outliving them but not immortal and merely having a longer lifespan. I have several fanfics on those lines so you can check them out if that's what you prefer.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1