Prince Beanverse 258 members · 12 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Irrespective
Group Admin

So I have been following Georg's Farmer Bruener has some Ponies, and a thought occurs to me. I have decided to pose this highly scientific survey to see if I should switch up my publishing style.

The question is simple: do you like getting a new Bean chapter ever 2 weeks or so, or would you like it more if I wrote out the whole story first and then posted daily updates?

Inquiring minds want to know! :yay:

(Mostly, everything I've posted in April has been on the burner for *years* at this point, and I thought I better get it up before it got too stale)

If you hadn't started already, I'd say do it in one steady stream. Since you already have started, I don't want Bean-withdrawl symptoms (plus I never seem to enjoy stories the same way if I read half, stop, then come back much later and finish them, whether I start over from the beginning or not).

2 weeks, chapters! And my case is because your chapter is going to a really fancy and elegant restaurant and the chapter is a plate. You don't order the entire menu when you wish to eat, right?

Irrespective
Group Admin

You'd have to be really hungry if you did. :twilightsmile:

And a big wallet. Although now it makes me think what a restaurant would do if Celestia walks in with all the Bean family look at the waitress and just says 'give me one of all the menu please' with a smile before looking at her friends. 'What? you all said that everything here is great, didn't you?'

Irrespective
Group Admin

"Everything?"

"Yes! Yes! They want everything!" Saffron shouted as she emptied the refrigerator onto the counter. "Get cooking! We're going to be set for life!"

Personally I post things whenever a new chapter is "ready".

Self imposed deadlines are all well and good, but they can cause you a lot of stress too. And stress is not conducive to productive writing. Plus I always find the comments that come with each new chapter to be very motivating. ( also terrifying, but that's beside the point :twilightsheepish: )

Doing a "complete" story before publishing it in daily updates brings its own share of problems. If its a very long story you might be sitting on it for many months. ( depending on how fast you write, and if your muse cooperates. ) But at least you dont have to worry about self imposed deadlines. :twilightsheepish:

Like I said, I personally go for a, chapter by chapter, done when its done approach, but that might not be what's best for you. Asking what we as readers would prefer is all well and good, but in the end, to bring out the best of your work, you should go with what works best for you. Those that really want to read it will stick around and wait.

Irrespective
Group Admin

Oh, I love deadlines. I love the sound they make as they fly past... :rainbowlaugh:

If I change to all at once, it wouldn't be for a while. I'ma gonna keep publishing chapters for Principal Noses as I finish them for now. :)

2 week chapters or you will be cocooned in a pod

Irrespective
Group Admin

I hear those pods are surprisingly comfortable. :)

Not a harvesting pod they aren't

I'd rather get the chapters as they come, meaning we get a steady supply sooner, rather than waiting many months or more than a year until you finish, and THEN finally get the stories. Sure, it'd be great to get the chapters daily or weekly if done beforehand, but I don't want to wait that long. I suppose I'm also concerned that when the show ends, you might give up on the story and leave it on your PC unfinished, whereas posting what you have gives you incentive to keep going.

I would rather have a new chapter every two weeks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14