Wallflower Blush 285 members · 492 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

While Wallflower commented on how she used the stone to make everyone forget the little encounters they had with her she found the stone at least after friendship games and we saw her memories that no one even turned to say hi to her.

One thing I found interesting is that a lot of people are defending the human 7(at least those who do reviews) and are commenting on how they are out of character but are they really? Thus far the human 7 have shown little to no interaction with other characters outside of themselves.

They have few interactions with Flash and in Twilight's case Timber but outside of some of those club photos in Queen of Clubs their interactions are nonexistant.

I want to reply to this but I'm actually confused as to the details (and I don't care enough to go out of my way looking for the internet's hot takes on FF, to be completely honest) that are being outlined here.

What exactly are people defending the human 7 for or commenting that they're out of character about?

The special has too many incoherence, but that is something already used in everything related to Equestria Girls.

The characters always act according to the script even if that leaves them a little out of character.
Maybe it can be seen out of place that no one is aware of Wallflower but as I say, that is to give credence to the plot.

Cases like that have been seen in each film and special. Wanting to give them explanation or logic is to waste time, they are simply plot flaws.
As Spiderman that does not leave Octopus unconscious for the film to be longer.

Now that I think about it, you are right defending is not the correct way to put, the out of character line comes alot mainly in that scene were Sunset turns the lights off at Walflower and leaves as she dosen't even exist.

For me the bigest one comes out tha the fact they inored Wallflower even before she got the stone and only recently started to use it as most belive all her interaction may have been deleted by her.

It has nothing to do with stone, simply Wallflower is "invisible" as she says, or sings.
Nobody notices her because she has little presence. It is a theme already seen in other school plots, a student that everyone ignores.

Witchrblizzad
Group Admin

I fully believe that it is not above the humane 5 to ignore or at least be unaware of Wallflower, they tend to only be interested in what benefits them in some way. (mostly rainbow) take the legend of everfree for example. No one but Sunset realizes that Twilight (EQG) has something going on. Rainbow Rocks was another beast entirely. Is slightly more understandable with Twilight (FIM) seeing as she was only present for a couple of days in the span of several months. Sunset... well, i got nothing in her defense. I really dont think that the memory stone is why no one remembers Wallflower.

Thank you for the explanation! :pinkiehappy: I feel better saying stuff now.

Pretty much both of these. It's less of a "flaw" and more of a needed story mechanic. Watching the girls leave Wallflower in the dark was a blow, but the special would be worse off for it. I mean, this special is half a parable about what being ignored can do to a person (with the other half a parable about closing yourself off to the world). Meanwhile, MLP has never ever been afraid to throw one or more of its marquee characters under the bus for the sake of teaching a lesson, no matter how rabid a fanbase she might have. Given how Sunset used to be, I'd say some social absentmindedness is far from OOC. The girls are human/equine/sapient and completely prone to being flawed human beings who have no mandate to be 24/7 Friendship Police any more than the pony M6 are/do.

(And quite frankly, the more Actual Humanity that punches holes in the headcanons I keep seeing around of Sunset being The Perfect Flawless Waifu the better, far as I'm concerned. I mean, I'm a Rarity devout, and I still love her even knowing how she can be awful and manipulative sometimes :rainbowlaugh:)

But yeah, Sunset doesn't need to be "defended." She did a dumb, the latest in a long line of dumbs we've seen her do since 2013, but still came to her own conclusions which run counter to her actions at the start of the special. It's Fine. :pinkiehappy:

Now Wallflower is supposedly shy. Even though she obviously has no problems sharing her personal life or even speaking up when she's being ignored. One of my personal problems with Forgoteen Friendship was the disconnect between Wallflower being ignored, and how supposedly she's so shy.

Your final sentence seems to be based off assumptions in the second sentence which are disproven in the special itself. She has a secret garden, managed to be the only member of the Gardening Club for who knows how long, and is bad at parties. Meanwhle, she got a hold of a magic bauble and proceeded to erase any social interaction she didn't feel was up to snuff because, let's face it, taking social risks are scary and she clearly didn't have a support structure to help her deal with that.

You can be shy and still be ignored (heck, the first usually leads to the second). You can want social interaction while still being scared stupid of it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the aforementioned, or being an introvert at all, of course--but it's possible to be taken to an extreme, like any personality trait or normal personal fear.

Wallflower was part of her own otherwise understandable problems, and she had no idea how to solve them or even make sense of them. Her whole deal is a snake eating its own tail, until she reaches the frustration we see in FF. Meanwhile here's this other girl (Sunset) who was a much worse person and far more disliked than Wallflower ever was... until suddenly she wasn't anymore.

Of course Wallflower snaps. Wallflower was broken. But her character and narrative aren't.

Human beings are messy and complicated.

Did you?

Don't bother replying. Come back in ten or twenty years though, and read everything you can about who you are right now in this moment. I'm sure we'll have an entertaining and productive conversation then.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13