Changeling Panic! 19 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
bahatumay
Group Admin

Night actions here!

First impression is it was a good game. We had a few more people, it lasted a bit longer, everyone was active. More or less. The day delays were pretty helpful to some people. Maybe it should be 36 hours instead of 24?

A couple things, though. I had to check what Mad Mares showed up as. I'm thinking of adding a Royal Guard table to Da Rulez, like what each enemy pops up as, mostly because 1) I know the role has to be nerfed compared to the skulk, but 2) I don't want it to be a useless role.

I'm also debating codifying some things. Da Rulez states that if it comes down to an enemy and a townie left, the enemy wins. But there's nothing about when there's two changelings to one Arsonist or Mad Mare or other killing role. It comes down to what happened today, but that also makes it a race to the computer, and that's something I'm actively trying to avoid. Should it be played out, though? Or should that warrant a draw? Or maybe it should be a victory for the Arsonist or Mad Mare; it's not a win for the changelings because they couldn't eliminate all the threats to the hive before the game ended. It's hard if not impossible to have an Arsonist or Mad Mare victory, anyway, so maybe it would be a bit of a help to them.

There's also nothing about when one changeling and one killing role are left. I'm thinking killing role wins, like above. But it hasn't been codified yet.

So what do you think?

I actually managed to win for once.

I found the slightly longer day delightful. As for changeling Vs hostile neutral, I think it's more fitting that if changeling is more than hostile neutral changeling win. If it's one on one, hostile neutral win. If it's madmare Vs arsonist, madmare win as madmare can kill in one night rather than two except madmare been doused than it's more dramatic to be a draw.

Btw, are madmare forced to always kill or he/she has discretion to choose when to kill?

bahatumay
Group Admin

Ah, so more of a rotational thing. I kinda like that. It would definitely need to be written out, though.

Mad Mares are not required to kill every night.

master18
Group Admin

6467069 I'd say if it's two changelings v one hostile neutral like it was here, just call it for the changelings because they can just lynch the neutral at their discretion, but if it's 1 v 1, give it to the neutral since they'd kill the changeling in the night if we're getting rid of the race to the computer victory

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

I try to play it out until it gets down to a one-on-one match. When that happens:
A Changeling or Neutral Evil role beats a Townie for obvious reasons;
An Arsonist beats a Changeling because the changeling can't eradicate that threat;
A Mad Mare beats an Arsonist because who could beat a Mad Mare in a spur-of-the-moment fight (their flavor and their initiative give them the bonus in my mind).

I don't really like the Mexican standoff of a townie, a changeling, and a neutral role, but as of now I feel that both villains should have the chance to try to manipulate the Townspony, haha.

No one can ever top the arsonist ending that I got! :pinkiehappy::heart:

bahatumay
Group Admin

Alright, so I think this is what I'm going with for my games:

If there are three players left, and no victory conditions have been met, the game continues. This mirrors the changeling-townie-hybrid rule already in place.

One on one:
changeling vs town: changeling
changeling vs Arsonist: Arsonist (if played out, the Arsonist would win; douse, deadlock, light)
changeling vs Mad Mare: Mad Mare
Arsonist vs Mad Mare: Mad Mare (even though if played out, Arsonist would win; douse, deadlock, light)

Seems the group just really likes Mad Mares. :pinkiecrazy:

Grrr. I hate being a town power with no leads whatsoever. Every single night nothing happened for me...'till the last night :facehoof:

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

A highlight of my GMing career. :twilightsmile:

Same. I'm a terrible Lunar Guard.

master18
Group Admin

I can start up a game by Wednesday probably, unless someone else wants it

Thanks for the game, Baha :twilightsmile:

Looking forward to it! Or whoever takes that slot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12