History Bronies 145 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

As we all know, our ancestors were all gibbering, drooling morons up until the Enlightenment.

Yep.

Nothing to see here folks.

Nothing interesting whatsoever.

Just some old rocks.

Carvings before metal tools were ever made.

THE OFFICIAL STORY IS CORRECT.

Oh, who the hell are we kidding. Anatomically modern humans have been on this planet for 250,000 years. There have probably been hundreds of advanced civilizations. We just want to feel special.

I'm not sure what your point is with this thread. :rainbowhuh:

Seriously. And those were built during the "Dark" Ages. Historians seriously wanna tell us that we spent all those millennia before the Agricultural Revolution just sitting about twiddling our thumbs? Yeah, I don't think so. In addition, civilizations go through periods of rising and collapsing. There were almost certainly advanced civilizations before the Ice Age.

I have no idea what historians are you referring to. Dark Age mostly refers in history as age from which we haven't recovered contemporary sources, not that it civilization itself was barbaric. Like there is Dark Age in Greek/Hellenistic history before the more famous classical age that everyone is mostly familiar, but that doesn't mean that Greeks during their Dark Age were morons. Granted during the Middle Ages people started considering their own time after the fall of Roman Empire as a dark age because Roman Empire era was held on high pedestal. There is certain light/dark romanticism of seeing specific eras good or bad but that isn't actual stance of history as science.

Also historians do not deny the prehistoric societies. The dividing line between history and prehistory is appearance of writing system, not appearance of societies themselves. Of course there were societies before bronze age. Unsure about before Ice Age, current one started 2.6million years ago and technically is still ongoing, unless you are referring to some other date.

That's the fun thing about history. Anyone who read a bit fancies himself a historian. Though I used to think that Dark Age was just English language being colorful, for me it was always just Middle Age.

As for OPs original point, I think was about him being annoyed at misconception of ancient age societies being seen as backwards neanderthals. Which is of course why anything made back then was done by aliens :pinkiecrazy:

I would like to know what are the other pictures representing besides Stonehenge and Pyramids.

Temples of Malta and the Irish fort Bru Na Boinne.

That does annoy me. Aliens, aliens, aliens. Humanity is brilliant and always has been.

Debatable. Not the aliens part, the 'Humanity is brilliant and always will be' part.

TBF if I had nothing to do for a couple hundred years and a few million Jewish slaves I’d probably just make them build piles of rocks too.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12