History Bronies 145 members · 14 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Mine? Hands-down, German Empire (1871-1919). A close second would be the Austro-Hungarian Empire (1867-1918/19/20). Other liked countries would be the Roman Empire, Mongol Empire, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, and maybe the North Sea Empire.

5741043 Don't know if I'd call it my favorite, but I really like Poland - Lithuania

Eastern Rome (Byzantine Empire)

5741043 Probably the Roman Empire for me. :twilightsmile:

Early Republic America: It is a much more complex, chaotic and interesting time than people realize. America just beat the British empire, but it was millions of dollars in debt had an inflation crisis with the crash on the Continental. Almost no countries took the young nation seriously, the Barbary Pirates were raiding American ships, there were several rebellions, most notably Shay's Rebellion, the failure of the Articles of Confederation and the debate around the eventual replacement being the constitution we know today and much more.

Old Kingdom Egypt: Egypt is my favorite ancient civilization and I really like the Old Kingdom in particular because it was what really made ancient Egypt what we would later know of today. Ancient Egypt would later go on to influence several other ancient civilizations, most notably the Greeks.

5741043 If we're talking about countries I wish still existed, probably the Dutch East Indies.

Feudal Japan (especially Warring States Period), Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine), German Empire (1871-1918), Carolingian dynasty (751-888), Dutch Republic and the House of Orange-Nassau, the Crusades, Roman Empire, Persian Achaemenid dynasty, Holy Roman Empire, Austro-Hungarian Empire, and the Empire of Brazil.

Gonna have to say America. Simply because AMERICA FUCK YEAH simply because of how unique the country is. Both cultural and politically that makes it so much different from the rest of the nations of this world. Like the immigration policies and influxes before the civil war and after WWII make it so unique. That and the political system is unlike any other in this world with the electoral college, legislative, judicial, and so much more! Where the peoples votes actually do matter and make a change unlike Europe where they view voters as a pain in the side. All of that and the folklore too like Mark Twain and Huckleberry Finn, Sacajawea, and the tales of the founding fathers.

B Y Z A N T I N E E M P I R E

Carthage. Naval Power. Mediterranean Superpower. Home of Hannibal.

Rome was an ass!

Dreadnought

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16