Writer's Workshops 142 members · 106 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Basically, there must be a rule:

No matter what kind of story it is, no matter how stupid it is, it MUST be read at some point in time, as long as it fits the stated rules.

DumbDog

I'm no Priest or Milk... but I'm going to say this.

They have lives. :rainbowlaugh:

I think it's great both of them are taking the time to look at even a few stories. It's their show, and I don't think they should be obligated to read anything they don't want to. And... I'm sure they'd agree.

With how fast I believe the Submissions folder will fill, I'm sure it'll take quite the bit of time.

Not to say it's not a good idea, but as Chapped said, they do have lives. Just be thankful they're spreading out lesser known stories the way they are :twilightsmile:

Either way, I like their idea. I'd do the same if my voice didn't sound like a mule kicked my throat in.

Well, I believe that all stories should be read, no matter how stupid or bad they may be, or what kind of story they even are, but you two are very true.

How bad is your voice?

It must be better than mine, at least.

Milk_Barcast
Group Admin

Well, I know we'll read what we can get to in the submissions. Whether it'll get recorded or not is a different matter. We're doing a lot of this in blocks. So we'll record 8 or so videos in a day and use that to fill out 2 months of video content after edits.

Well, I believe that all stories should be read, no matter how stupid or bad they may be, or what kind of story they even are, but you two are very true.

That's a nice belief ^^; But unfortunately, it has nothing to do with "stupid" or "bad". It has to do with time. mikesnipe and Flutterpriest are being very generous with their time to do this for free, but they also have lives, jobs, their own stories, other hobbies, leisure time, sleep, food... The first episode is about 40 minutes long. There's already 18 submissions. If each one takes about 40 minutes, that's 12 hours of unpaid work already in the wing.

A lot of review groups run into the same problem: submissions way outnumber reviewers. Reviews take time, especially the way these kind folks are doing it. Looking at two of the review groups I know of:

- Rage Reviews: 146 self-submissions, 149 admin-submissions
- The Goodfic Bin: 60 self-submissions, 128 other-submissions

It's a totally noble idea to want every story to get a review. Unfortunately, it's just not reasonable to ask for when it's a free service done by two people who have so much else to do, too. ^^

In my mind I translated.

Unfortunately, it's just not reasonable to ask for when it's a free service done by two people who have so much else to do, too. ^^

Into this.

Do you know how high-maintenance and busy it is living with Pencil? Geeze...

I apologize.

On a more serious note: 5710297
What people do on FiMfic is a hobby, having such rule would turn it into labour.

Flutterpriest
Group Admin

The other thing to keep in mind is that we're going to release these weekly. We already have 9 episodes essentially done. With the 18 that are already pointed out in the submissions folder, that is over 4 months of content. We may also want to consider limiting to just one an author.

Just one per author? But... Okay, just for the sake of example, if we pick, say... Anonpencil. If we're confined to just one story, how will we get the true experience of all of their subtle variation of flavor?

:scootangel:

Hey, i am new here. And i want to work on making my own Project but idk how to start a Project, Can someone tell me how to please?

Milk_Barcast
Group Admin

What kinda project are you wanting to start? A writing one?

Well, i am wondering about a Project of a video where i get mp3 files of them talking from a script and i download the files and edit them into a photo video for youtube of them talking the story in different lines like Ryan said. "Blah Blah." Then ryan the Person reads it in a voice recording then another different person reads another different line and so on.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13