The Gorgony Group 72 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Robipony
Group Admin

Gorgony Story Contest Winners

As stated in the original contest post the stories were graded using the following factors (from 1 - 5):
-Was the story enjoyable?
-Did the story follow the guidelines of the contest?
-Did you enjoy the characters?
-Was the story well written?
-Would you like to see a sequel?

I then added up the scores from these five categories to make a total score for each individual story. Basically if a story had received a 3, 4, 4, 5, 3, then that story had the total score of 19 (hopefully that makes sense). Originally there were supposed to be two other judges, however despite my messaging them, I haven't received much in the way of feedback so I decided I will post my results.

The only time I actually docked points were if the story didn't follow the guidelines of the contest (which I would consider reasonable, if you are given a blueprint to make a bridge but you don't follow the blueprint when building the bridge, will your employer be happy?).

Now that that has been explained I can now reveal the results for each story.

1st Place
Snake Party - Score: 22

2nd Place/3rd Place?
(You see this is why I wanted two other judges to help me)
Making Friends with Statues - Score: 20
An Ophidian Encounter - Score: 20

As you can see we ended up with a tie for 2nd/3rd. So I guess if you guys really want to find out who was better, you can thumb wrestle over it, or fight to the death, or something. :derpytongue2:

The Remainder
Please note that you ALL did a great job. While there were some personally issues going on with my life (you can see this blog to have a better idea what I mean), I found a lot of enjoyment reading all of your stories. So please don't feel bad.

The Hero and the Gorgon - Score: 19
Cruel Mercy - Score: 19
Desperation - Score: 11 (I sadly had to dock points as your story had less then 3,000 words, still it was a good story and I did enjoy reading it).

---

So that is it for now. As stated in the Contest thread I will be doing some Youtube readings for each of the winning stories. There is also a chance I may either be doing a Holiday themed Gorgony contest later this year (either for Halloween, or Christmas, or both), but we shall wait and see.

Hopefully I will do this contest again next year and I hope to see you all return for that as well.

Thank you all for coming and I hope you all have a good day.

DeshLune
Group Contributor

Wow... I... um... um... (rebooting...). Thanks! I didn't think mine would hold out so well.

Guess I'll talk with Bladewolf and see who can have which spot.

JackRipper

Damn, I got pretty close. Though, I have to admit, I found the prompt incredibly difficult. :ajsmug:

Oh look I won. What a wacky happening!

Bladewolf
Group Contributor

I'll take 3rd as I didn't do the best I could've looking back on it, but something I still enjoyed writing. (Mainly rhyming). Congratulations on placing, Desh.

Comrade Bagel Muffin
Group Contributor

Tied for third I'm good with that. Merci I hope you enjoyed the read.
Bon, CONGRADULATIONS!

Who ever tied in second, Bon, CONGRADULATIONS!

DeshLune
Group Contributor

Alright. Thanks! ^~^

Robipony
Group Admin

Just wanted everyone to know that, now that I have finished the final chapter of the Adventures of Vampire Cheerilee reading, I will be working on the readings I promised to the winners of this contest.

The only thing that will be competing for attention will be my studies for the PTCE test I will be doing in September. Still I hope to finish these readings for all of you as soon as possible and I hope you will all enjoy. As I stated in my blog I will be doing the readings from 3rd place to 1st place, meaning that the 3rd place reading (An Ophidian Encounter) will be the first to be read, followed by Making Friends with Statues and then Snake Party.

I am thinking I might try to have a guest reader for Snake Party (To sort of make it unique), however we shall see.

Thankfully I have found more music to increase my copyright free library, so you guys will be the first to have it in the readings for your story.

When a reading is finished, I will provide and imbedded video both here and in my blog. I will also try to contact each other with a youtube link via PM, but if I don't assume I forgot (or had a stressed induced stroke, whichever happens first). I hope you will all enjoy. :twilightsmile:

6083343 I look forward to hearing the reading! : D

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9