Christian Bronies of the Reformation 92 members · 227 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Do you know the flag in churches that you sometimes see on Pentecost? The one with the flame emblem? It's also seen on the Methodist cross. It stands for the Holy Spirit, not the fires of Hell, which is what I thought it symbolized as a child. Which goes to show my morbid childhood fixation on Hell.

Also, God's presence is compared to fire. One wonders if the Orthodox are correct and Hell is God's presence for those incapable of receiving love.

I was a very morbid child, come to think of it.

You know, perhaps it wasn't morbidity, but a child's struggle to comprehend.

Fire is a funny thing, in a sense. Capable of terrible destruction, but also capable of ensuring the cycle of healthy rebirth can begin after sweeping away stagnation and decay.

Not going deep here, but that is a reasonable way to perceive the spirit at work. A purifying flame that forces out the impure, while simultaneously preparing nourishment for the growth that will follow.

Is it morbid to think of suffering like this? Or pragmatically optimistic?

God's presence is compared to fire

This gives credence to my hypothesis about the Lord of Lies.

Devil created a perfect world and wanted to take care of it along with his angels. But God was jealous and plotted against Him. This event is also described in the Bible, mind you.
The one thing that the Bible fails to mention is that one does not attack if he has no chance of winning. We know, however, that the attack did take place. God, the Lord of Lies, therefore, must have believed he could win. And win he did.
God cast the Creator to the depths of Hell and took over his throne.
Not wanting all of the creation rebelling against him, God used his power of lies and wrote the Bible to cover up the truth. He vilified the true creator.
However, if you read the Bible carefully, you can see through his lies. God could not hide his wicked nature. Many of his detestable deeds are evident. He even flooded the whole planet at one point. The true creator would never do that.
So yes, God will do anything to turn you from the true creator. Don't listen to the Lord of Lies. Turn to your true creator, instead. Open your Heart to Him. Accept the Dark Lord and Saviour. Pledge your soul to Him and be saved.

Y'know, God didn't just randomly flood the planet. Humanity had become corrupt. (And what does it say about me that I don't even bat an eye at that story? Morally speaking anyway. Scientifically, haha, no. That didn't happen.)

6652460 Ah, I see another soul is lost to the Lord of Lies. Such a shame.

Why does everyone think they can outsmart the Lord of Lies and see through His lies?

It's like saying, "I admit that this mathematician is the best at calculus, but I won't worry at all when I play calculus against him because I'm smart like that."

Is there any particular reason why Bad Dragon continues to be allowed to troll all the Christian groups on Fimfiction?

Well, he was already banned from Christian Bronies for stuff like this, and I'm sure he'll be banned from this one, too.

Look at it this way...

By allowing dissent in word/deed, it encourages you to think a little more deeply to question and clarify your conviction. And only the already fragile could ever be harmed by such a thing. Besides, Jesus didn't mind doubt and questions, only unbelief. Those are two different things.

So, really, you can take it as a small challenge to help you grow.

So long as it doesn't devolve into attacks, that it remains simple trolling, then that is a matter of freedom of speech.

Fire is a rather finicky thing. It can be used to represent the burning judgment of the wicked and the end. Yet, it can also be used to represent refinement of life through the Holy Spirit, in comparison to the process of purifying metals through extreme heat.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9