Bronies 295 members · 2,135 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

So as I hope you all know by now A.K. Yearling the author of the Daring Do books is actually Daring Do in real life. Now if A.K. Yearling is her real name like Indana Jones' real name is Henry and Daring Do is the monocure, then what does the A.K. Stand for?

If like Indy, her father was some sort of classics major, then my personal head cannon is that it sands for "Alexandra Kipling". But what do you guys think, I'm really interested to hear what you say.

Amy Keating Rogers, her voice.

AK Yearling.

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

5555028 I like your theory about her name. That actually makes a lot of sense. ;)

Why would it make sense though?

What does Alexandra or Kipling have to do with pony culture?

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

5555129 I mean more of the concept that A.K. actually stands for something.

Some fans think A.K. is her name and doesn't stand for anything at all.

But I like to think that it does.

5555121 oh that makes sense know plus it's a JK Rowling reference too

5555028 My guess? Also Known. You know AKA, but taking the last A out. So it would really be Daring Do A.K. Yearling. :twilightblush: It's a guess.

5555121 Clever. I don't doubt the writers to do that. They get really clever with things like that.

"Avtomat Kalashnikova." :trollestia:

Her full birth name is Avtomat Kalashnikova the 47th. Yearling is her married name.

5555863 married? Was she married and there her husband died?

Well, I was making a joke.

Seriously, though, we have no idea. Daring might be a widow, divorced, still happily married, or unmarried. We have no way of knowing because it has never come up.

I think it stands for nothing.
Like the S. in Harry S. Truman.

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

5574224 That could be the case as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15