The Antifascist Iron Front 76 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

"Muh Freeze Peach!"

Alsvid
Group Admin

Have you ever noticed how these fash fucks just belch statistics at you, sans context, and expect it to mean something? Over 9000% refugees murdered white women in Sweden! 200% of The Gays commit suicide?

The free speech advocates and liberals like to say we should hear the fash out and debate their ideas, and how society is improved by allowing the fash to speak. Does this improve society, in your opinion? Are we all greatly improved by this? Have our lives significantly changed for the better by allowing this to happen?

I mean, I understand the kneejerk reaction to allow everyone the right to speak. I maintain that the allowance of free speech is essential to a healthy democracy.
The issue comes when it's abused.
If Fascists want to congregate and share their ideas, I am willing to let them discuss. If a Fasc wants to discuss ideology with me, I will allow it. But something like this, where they are so blatantly using free speech as a defense to state something so obviously vile and wrong, I cannot allow.

You know, admins, "and other historical causes for discrimination" makes it pretty fucking clear you're covering your ass and don't really give a damn who lives or dies or feels alienated from your campus.

Fucking neoliberalism.

Our college had something similar occur. But it went down differently.

Identify Europa, a white nationalist group led by Richard Spencer, showed up and placed posters on campus. Immediately, they were taken down, and our president emailed us.

There was no mention of the first ammendment, he stated that the college was committed to diversity, and protecting the students. That they were working with law enforcement to identify the people responsible and ban them from campus.

And...they did. They got in touch with police, and updated us regularly on the situation. They even provided resources for people who might be scared or anxious.

I'm damn proud of my college for how they handled it. I'm sorry to see this college decided the first ammendment was more important then their LGBT students.

You should send them a thank-you letter or something, an administration that decisive and with that kind of integrity deserves it.

Absolutely, I'm intending to do just that. Frankly, seeing them handle this so decisively is absolutely heartwarming.

Midnight-Blue766
Group Admin

AlwaysTryAgain from r/negareddit really summed it up:

"Free speech" means freedom from consequences. It means everyone must shut up, roll out the red carpet, provide and celebrate the Redditor's internet bravery for yelling about how undesirables need to be peacefully ethnic-cleansed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9