Ferrier Falls 36 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 52 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 52

Here is a place to list all of the species of Ferrier Falls. The way I see it, Ferrier Falls probably is made up of cryptids, fantasy creatures, anthros, and sentient animal species.

If anyone can think of cryptids, fantasy creatures, anthros, sentient animals, or even humans or aliens to add, feel free to post some information about them here.

NightLord
Group Admin

Minotaurs, Satyrs, Fauns, Lizardmen, to name a few animal-human hybrid creatures. Cat-people, maybe, like the Khajit in the Elder Scrolls games. Or Bugbears. Just a few suggestions.

5505963 Otocopus people!

Those are all great ideas. :)

5505989 You just show up everywhere don't you Lyra? I thought you were done with this site :P

5505994 I took a break for a while, but I am back for as long as I can stay. I've had a lot of stuff to worry about at home, which I posted in my latest blog entry. But I'm trying to stay positive.

5505999 Thats good. Anyway, we need mermaids as well. Can't have a made up place without mermaids!

5506015 Yess! Mermaids are a must! And dragons. And phoenixes. XD

5506021 Hmmm, what about Metal creatures and Golems :)

5506024 Yesss! No fantasy world is complete without those. XD

Darkscout99
Group Admin

Talking dogs. I just feel like that would be fun.

5505963 Can we have the ponies have Talent-Marks on there shoulders ?

• Bat/Thestral: Like pegasi, but has bat-wings, larger ears, & cat-like eyes

• Buffalo: Even stronger than the earth-ponies, they are really close to their spirit-animal. They have Symbols-Mark

• Changeling: shape-shifters that can morph into anypony they want to mimic them (they have 6 legs when they are not changed)

• Clay-Ponies: Like a Gem-pony, but controls clay instead, they really like to make sculptures and clay-houses

• Gem-Ponies: Can control the gem & its energy associated with their Talent-Marks (usually just one type) & make tools like Green Lantern, but only the one that have to do with their Talent-Marks

• Dragon: (actually NOT a pony); they are like big lizards that can breathe fire

• Land-Ponies: In touch with the earth; strong, and one with the plants. (cloven hooves)

Harpy: Looks like a human-bird hybrid

• Mane-Pony: Like an earth pony except they can control/move their mane (fetlocks, long tail)

• Metal-Pony: Like a crystal pony, but controls metal instead

• Naga: 1/2 pony, 1/2 snake, all scary

Nymph: A pony made of plants that wants to ... with you

• Pegasus: Flight (have wings, tail feathers); can move/walk on the clouds and control most weather(tail feathers)

• Ocean-Ponies: Has gills & scales; lives under da sea

• Unicorn: Can perform magic (have horns); telekinetic

• Zebra: Like the earth pony, but has stripes/markings on their body; usually make potions (and one with the elements of the wold, wind, water, fire, rocks, ... 11 12) They have Glyph-Mark

OctoPonies: have a BIG plunger at the end of there hooves and no bones.

5505974 I don't think we can use Khajit or Bugbear

5505977 What is that ?

5506015 5506021 What about mermares ?

5506024 What time period are we in that wold ?

5506133 Like the diamond dogs ?

5506257 Half human, half ocotpus. Dont know time. And sure

5506257 Those are all great suggestions. I think it would be cool to have anthros as well though; not just talking animals (like the ponies and such). And also human species/ alien species. But I think you've made a great list of species there. :)

5506334 What are the others and what makes them special ?

Darkscout99
Group Admin

5506257 I was thinking more sentient dogs. Not diamond dogs, although changing those guys to some sort of earth Dragon or moles might be a good substitoution.

5506268 How about a species that is half pony, half octopus?

5506399 OctoPonies !?

p.s. Let's have them have 8 hooves.

5506416 Personally, I'd go with the term Tentacle ponies.

5506424 Let's have a VOTE !

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5505974 I'm going to say no halve breeds as that would make this already daunting task of getting all this in a coherent lore all that much harder. I could see some type of large lizard, that's an off shoot or cousin to the dragon, but I don't want to go craze and have anthros in there, as that opens up more problems with continuity. Good ideas though.

5505977 No. No Octipeople. Just...no.

5506015 And no mermaids. Let's stick to dry land for now. What's in the water will be explored once we get a foothold on land.

5506212 That idea is great, but should be in another thread. I'd be happy to discuss different possibility about that. I was thinking of Profession symbols, like a symbol for a carpenter, or a peacekeeper, or a firefighter, and so on. But please, make it it's own thread, so we can keep to talking about races here.

5506334 While I love the energy and enthusiasm, I'm going to draw a line at Aliens. No Aliens. (and if there will be, that will be something that happens long after the core canon is created)

5506390 Interesting idea. We could have dragons with wings, and dragons without wings. That would be simple enough. The other idea is to simple have dragons not grow wings until they're more in their teenage years. Some things to think about.

5505977 You guys win. Octoponie, or Tentiponies, will be in. But we'll fit them in after the core canon. Don't want to get too crazy just yet.

5506133 While talking dogs might be fun, they'd be too close to the Diamond Dogs, and that's got Hasbro written all over it, so that's a no.

5506416 No. They have four, but their main will be made of tentacles. Simpler that way

5506024 interesting idea. While I'd side with golems and metal made creatures as magic, I'm willing to consider them as their own race. Sell me. Tell me how you see it working.

Whew! I think that's the majority of the ideas that came from just one afternoon! That was a lot to sort through, so let me offer my thoughts.

At the moment I'm looking for more moderators, so while I'm not claiming much as canon now, I'm going to establish a simple core canon with species here. This is a very new world, and while there's a lot that could happen, lets start on the smaller side and build once we get that set.

Here's the list of core canon species based on the thread: Pony (Earth, Pegasus, Unicorn, Thestral, Octo)/ Human (of all ethnicity), Griffins, Minitars, and Dragons (possible two types, wings and no wings)

This is the core canon. others can be added later, but for now, lets keep it simple and go with this. This gives a LOT to work with. So, the next question you have to ask is, how do they live together, or do they. Is this going to be a place where all the races mingle, and even have some cross species romance (keep it G for the thread) or do they have their own separate parts of town? Like a Pony Quarter and a Human Quarter, and so on. Think about it, and lets start another thread.

5506473 5506390

Can we also have Ice-Dragons ?
and others

P.S. I think for the most part, the are separate.
But the pony ones are starting to try to join together.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506480 Interesting thought...I have a thought, and tell me what you think of this.

Envirormental species. First off, let's agree that Ponies of all kind are still ponies. Then, say that all dragons are still dragons.

If a pony has wings (Pegasus) it's because they live in some place that requires them to have wings to live, so we assume some place like a mountain or jungle tree tops. If they have wings, the dragons who live there have wings too, as they need them as well.

If a pony doesn't have wings, we can assume they live in flat lands and farm or herd lesser intelligent creatures together for a living. Dragons, would also not have wings as they'll be more adept to using all for legs rather than wings for their needs.

See what I'm getting at?

If we add something like a Crystal pony (but name it differently so hasbro don't get made) that lives in the cold, we could theoretically have ice dragons.

Thoughts?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

If we add something like a Crystal pony (but name it differently so hasbro don't get made) that lives in the cold, we could theoretically have ice dragons.

Snow ponies, with long, thick, shaggy fur?

Edit: Also, we could have a little more variety. Goats?

--Sweetie Belle

Envirormental species. First off, let's agree that Ponies of all kind are still ponies. Then, say that all dragons are still dragons.
If a pony has wings (Pegasus) it's because they live in some place that requires them to have wings to live, so we assume some place like a mountain or jungle tree tops. If they have wings, the dragons who live there have wings too, as they need them as well.
If a pony doesn't have wings, we can assume they live in flat lands and farm or herd lesser intelligent creatures together for a living. Dragons, would also not have wings as they'll be more adept to using all for legs rather than wings for their needs.
See what I'm getting at?

Ya, let's do that.

5506491 5506487 let's call them Gem-Ponies !?

and "sea-ponies" would be called Ocean-Ponies.
but we'll go there when we get to the water

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506491 I like the idea, but is there a better name than snow pony?

And considering that, other than humans, minatars, and griffins, we'e going to have four (possible five) sub species of pony and dragon, I'm going to hold off on goats for now. I see goats coming with foxes, bears, deer, and possible cows latter on.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506496 Do we want them to be the same as Octoponies, or have them be more like Seahorses (Oceanponies is a little generic. Got a better name?) And Gem Ponies sounds like a rip off of Crystal...Glacierponies? :rainbowhuh:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Names are always tricky. Frostponies?

I'm kinda sorta thinking of Shetland Ponies, but good names can be tough...

--Sweetie Belle

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506509 Glacier pony? And THATSSOFEAKINGADORABLEIWANTITSOBAD~~~~~

Sea-Ponies = Ocean-Ponies.s = Lake-Ponies = Water-Ponies
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/sea?s=t

Crystal-Ponies = Gem-Ponies = Diamond-Ponies
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/crystal?s=t

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506524 Some things to consider. Great ideas.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Hill ponies or Mountain ponies? It isn't as focused on cold, but it still fits.

And that is one reason I was thinking of 'em.

--Sweetie Belle

5506473 Well not sure how it works, but maybe they started out as magical contrusts then got free will?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Are we going to have any sort of catfolk in Ferrier Falls?

--Sweetie Belle

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5508392 not decided yet.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5506509 Because there seems to be a want for it, Antrho ponies are now offically a race.

Couple theories to how anthros could exist.

1) Human/Pony breeding (keep it mature guys)
2)Evolution of some kind.

5513069 Yea do Evolution. Other is weird

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5513089 Not with all the clopfics I've read :pinkiehappy: But either way, it's not a big thing right now. Just throwing out some food for thought.

5513100 Lol. We will see, but that's my vote

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5513108 No voting yet on that. It's a thing to discuss in theory. We could even have it that they really aren't realted to the four legged ponies.

Think difference between Monkey and Ape.

5513126 Maybe instead of just Antro Ponies, we have different kinds of crossbreeds

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5513132 :ajbemused: Do me a favor, and look at the canon thread and count how many types of ponies we have. Then come back and tell me we don't have enough kinds of ponies.

5513140 no, no. Not pony types, but like Cat people, Lizard people, stuff like that

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

Cat people, Lizard people,

You're talking about furries. Someday, but not yet. Let's figured out just one anthropomorphic race first.

5513146 :p. I was just clarfying was all. Ponies it is.

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5513148 k. And there's a new vote up. So go vote.

5513069 I vote fore 1) Human/Pony breeding !

5513150 Where is the vote ?

Penn Hooven
Group Admin

5513478 it's a thread

5513784 Called ?
Can you please link it ?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 52