The Changeling Research Group 452 members · 1,134 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I know this is probably asked before (if not alot), but do we have a new name for the skittle bug changelings yet? Or are both new and old hives still just called 'changelings'?

Not that im complaining but just curious.

Also, if you haven't watched the latest episode i suggest you stop reading now. maybe. up to you.

Does anybody else find the creation of the mean six to be a bit similar to how the changelings were created in the comics?

My personal favorite is 'changedlings'. Nice and simple.

The method of their creation doesn't quite echo what I remember from the comics - weren't the first changelings born of a mosquito landing on pony bones in the middle of a mutagenic pond? The Mean 6, in contrast, were born of Everfree Magic, as far as I know (haven't watched the episode just yet).

In the comic, i thought the weird ooze was the sap from the (as star swirl called it "bad juju") tree, that was mainly what i was inching towards, changelings being flora born or something. part bug, part plant?

Haven't read the comic in question either - I get my info from the wiki these days. I thought Star Swirl's sign referred to the pond of ooze, but now I'm not so certain.

What we do know is that the Everfree's magic has distinct connections to Discord, as well as a natural anathema to the three tribes' magic - quite possibly related to Chrysalis' throne's abilities.

I know this is probably asked before (if not alot), but do we have a new name for the skittle bug changelings yet? Or are both new and old hives still just called 'changelings'?

Most are using the term changedlings.
But as far as I know that one is unofficial. Not sure about an official name.

Does anybody else find the creation of the mean six to be a bit similar to how the changelings were created in the comics?

A similarity can't be denied.

Pretty sure the official name is just "changelings", since that's what they've been using ever since in the show. Occasionally with the qualifier "reformed", but usually not.

"Changedlings" seems to be the most common fan-nickname for the colorful changelings, though it's surprisingly awkward to say.

mrk

I prefer “neon bambi” and “skittlebugs”.

I've got to admit, "skittlebugs" is a great nickname.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8