Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

I know for sure I'm autistic, but I'm not positive if I have ADHD or not. It has been suggested before and I think I even asked about it at a doctor's office. I rather not self-diagnosis myself as I'm highly against that. It's way too easy to go online, look up some syndromes I might have in common, and then declare myself having that condition. I very likely have ADD, but, it sounds like that's no longer used and was rolled into ADHD. I don't struggle with sitting down in one place. Well, I do move around in my seat quite a bit so I guess there's something there. I was told the hyper part could also be mental, not just physical. I guess the mental part applies to me, not that I know what it's like to not have it.

This has caused so many problems for me. I have numerous projects I started, but not finished. Cue my incomplete stories on this site. Feels like I'll start yet another one. Even when it comes to reading stories here, a whole bunch I didn't finish yet because I'll lose interest in the topic and then some stories I've been away from for so long that I basically need to read it from the start to catch back up.

This is extremely frustrating. It even impacts my ability to read and watch stuff. I can watch a scene in a movie and not realized what happened. I very easily forget most character names so I'm often watching characters who's names I don't know. I could be in the middle of reading a chapter on this site and then I get caught up in my thoughts on some side thing.

Surely I can't be the only one having these issues. Although autism is a spectrum, attention span issues and probably ADHD could be linked although those things can also happen without autism. This has likely been a lifetime issue for me that I'm only now noticing within the past couple of years.

I too am Autistic and probably sure that I have ADHD as I have attention span issues which has been a serious pain in the butt.

I'm Autisfic and I have been suffering from that too...I'm thinking it might have something to do with my work schedule and how tired I am all the time

I’m not sure about myself, but there are times where I start one thing on my phone like watching a YouTube video before I quickly change plans with something else

I don't think I was tested for ADHD but I can feel tense and feel like I need to hurry even though I don't really need to. It might be why I tend to prefer reading short stories and sometimes jump from story to story and work bit by bit on two or more. Luckily, because I'm fully aware of this, I'm very careful about how I submit unfinished stories as a safeguard (for starters, a strict rule I have is to never submit a 3+ chapter story with only the first chapter is written), so if a story is actually submitted, the odds it would be abandoned due to me losing interest due to story jumping or whatever is very, very low.

But I don't know if any of that is enough for ADHD.

I don’t have ADHD, but I can’t sit still.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6