Pagans of Equestria 20 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Cause I guess technically depictions of Celestia and Luna as actual gods would be a pagan myhthology.

I think that works. Yeah. :)

Certainly. They do seem to be Gods in the classical sense.

I know the later seasons kind of contradict it, but I'll always prefer the versions of Equestria where Celestia and Luna are basically gods that are worshiped.

It should be remembered: “Pagan” is a term invented by Christians, to refer to those who follow indigenous religions. Most followers of indigenous religions would not have thought of themselves as “Pagan”. Most would not even think of themselves as “following a religion”. They’d just be worshiping the Gods, following their traditions, and all.

Celestia and Luna certainly have God-like power. It makes sense that some people would worship them as Gods. They could (in the fictional world of My Little Pony) even be the Sun and Moon Gods themselves, who for whatever reason, chose to take physical form and rule a country as Earthly Princesses.

But if Celestia and Luna are worshiped, if the Equestrian religion involves worshiping them: It’s likely that their worshipers don’t see themselves as “Pagan”. That “Pagan” would be an alien cultural concept to them.

It's a shame how that element grew so neglected and the show forgot how rich a mythos it could create; even Twi and Cadance as demigods was a thoughtful element to have in fanon or canon too.

Also, is there any chance that there could be more rules/clarification regarding the group folder? Is it for stories that have IRL Pagan themes or stories where pony and other races have religions that could be considered pagan? I have quite a few stories featuring the latter, but I don't think any would count to the former, since I don't overstep the fourth wall/IRL things more than the show (or, I try not to).

It's for Pagan themes. IE, Polytheism, nature spirits, etc.

Oh sweet; prepare for some stories being added. <:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10