The Sunset Shimmer Appreciation Group 527 members · 611 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Shadowmane PX-41
Group Admin

So, we all know that Sunset is a very beloved member of CHS's student body. But we all know that time at a high school like Canterlot High is limited.

So the question now is, what will Sunset do when she has to leave Canterlot High, and what will she and her friends do when they can no longer go together?

5271610 The Canterlot High Tell-All book suggests that Sunset will travel the world...but I like to think she'll return home to Equestria.

Shadowmane PX-41
Group Admin

5271633 You think so?

Become a thaumatological engineer?

I'd imagine she would return to Equestria. She may have been accustomed to the human world, but she still has a longing to come home (after all, who wouldn't?).

5271644 I hope so. I mean, I want her to come home some day.

Well, at this point Sunset can basically do whatever she wants: Go back to Equestria, stay in the mirror world, split her time between the two as she feels like it, etc. So it really just depends on what she personally decides to do.

I suspect she is sticking around not just so she can hang out with her friends but also because she genuinely finds the human world interesting - she way even have plans to study it as much as possible before returning to Equestria so she has something to show for it, as a way of making up for running away all those years ago. She'd be the single foremost expert on an entire alien world, which must seem very desirable for a scientist/scholar.

Whatever she decides, I'm sure she'll stay in touch with her human friends and spend time with them whenever possible. You don't save the world from supernatural forces several times and then completely drift apart just because high school ended.

Shadowmane PX-41
Group Admin

5271748 Maybe it'll be like on Equestria, where Twilight and her friends all live apart but still hang out?

They're not exactly apart, though: They live in the same town and see each other virtually every day.

Shadowmane PX-41
Group Admin

5271758 Oh yeah. But anyway, I can see where you're coming from. And I think that you are right.

Just because they graduate doesn't mean that it's goodbye forever, right?

As far as I know, a bond like that means that it'll be hard for Sunset to be lonely. Heck, if she chooses to live far away from the Canterlot area, there's always the AU equivalent of Skype.

Shadowmane PX-41
Group Admin

5271914 That could feasibly be a thing...

5271930 Well, I think that the tech level of Equestria as a whole would be in the MIddle Ages (Vinyl and a bunch of others nonwithstanding), the tech level in the mirror universe is equivalent to that of ours. I've seen fanfics where Pinkie updates her statuses on social media and the whole Anon-a-Miss debacle. So, it's been established that the Internet exists there and VR tech won't be too far off.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13