Official Changeling Party HQ

Chairman: Amira Illusion
Co-Chairman: TheLunarRepublic2244
Members:Lord Despair *

*Constantly Changing

I GOT DIBS ON FRIST COMMENT!

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5192800 calling changelings.........oi where are you guys?

Which poltical beliefs does this party mainly represent?

Comment posted by Bry7x7x deleted Apr 28th, 2016
Comment posted by Ebony Gryphon deleted Apr 24th, 2016
Ebony Gryphon
Group Admin

Sir... I am quite familiar with your doing and that of your party. Remember that changelings are as much citizens and have all the same rights and priviledges barring a few sad and neccessary concessions. They are no yours to be played with or abused. Tread lightly in your dealings with them.

Citizen Amira... I wish to discuss with you some... grumblings I've heard of your constituents. Like it or not, your constituents do represent a clear and present danger. Other beings are quite literally food to them. What assurances do you make to put these thoughts at ease?

Also, I wish to propose concessions on your part. Bear with me if you will. One, a registration of all changelings within the kingdom, and two, all legally registered changelings wearing some sort of glyph or bracelet at all times to keep themselves in full view. While at first seeming, these measures are in truth a means of protecting more them then their fellow citizens, preventing abuse, indentured servitude, and blaming crimes on them when another is at work, or even blame shifting to a changeling,, Your thoughts?

Knight N Gale
Group Admin

5193934 Princess Luna and the New Lunar Republic (Lunar Party) seconds this proposal

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

You're first was going to happen anyway.
You're second will be considered by the party
Oh and thanks for being polite.

Citizen Amira... I wish to discuss with you some... grumblings I've heard of your constituents. Like it or not, your constituents do represent a clear and present danger. Other beings are quite literally food to them. What assurances do you make to put these thoughts at ease?

Every Changeling has a different background, some are from Chrysalis's hive, others are from another hive, some aren't from a hive, some are Changeling hybrids, ones feed on love, others don't. Most can change shape at will but that is part of our nature. You say that you are our food and yet some eat animals and don't think twice. We had to eat and those we took we respected. But that was when we grew desperate. Now, if we get friends,fall in love, we won't have to do that. That's what this is about isn't it? The rumors say that the reason Chrysalis drained the magic was because she didn't love him back.If she had, she would have ate her fill and his magic wouldn't have been drained. She was being greedy and misrepresented us. You also want assurances that Changelings won't follow that poor example. I could give you assurances but those would be lie of a desperate politician. Some Changelings will do that of course but if you respect them, live with them side by side, they won't have a reason to. I hope I gave you the answers you sought. Good day to you.

As an ambassador of the Griffin States (and hopefully chairmen of the Griffin wing in the future) we are glad to see that you are extending your borders and starting to become a peaceful nation. We are certain that there will be no more attacks on others and instead, future relationships that reap both of us rewards. I look forwards to working with you and your empire.
But if you step out of line we do have countermeasures, be wary.

-Mersiroya (Me-ser-roy-yah)
Ambassador of the Griffin States

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

Glad to meet you Ambassador, I am also glad that we have finally met a compromise and have been accepted. I am also looking forward to working together with griffins,ponies and others and wish you the best of luck in receiving the position of chairman!

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

It's Amira. Amira Illusion. :)

Ebony Gryphon
Group Admin

Regarding the proposal... understand it will not force changelings to maintain their true form. If they wish to shift, that is their prerogative, and we understand the importance of such acts to both biology and culture, the tags would merely be a form of identification.

We've considered other means such as bracers or collars... but apparently many of your females already wear collars, of their own volition, while being in a ponies household. Parliament... is not certain of the implications here, but the general consensus is... no. Just no.

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

My donors are also curious to what changelings can offer and what resources your lands hold. Since past transgressions, there's been an embargo on you and your lands, but now since sanctions are lifted, we simply wish to know what can be offered. It can only be beneficial to both of us.

Apart from the obvious, the only things we can give you are secrets kept by Changelings for generations. However, we see no point in telling you these secrets as we are aware of who we are talking to. Unless of course you can help us in any way.

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

Regarding the proposal... understand it will not force changelings to maintain their true form.

Ah,then it seems I misunderstood

We've considered other means such as bracers or collars... but apparently many of your females already wear collars, of their own volition, while being in a ponies household. Parliament... is not certain of the implications here, but the general consensus is... no. Just no.

Allow me to explain. The collars are not that. Just no indeed. A female Changeling will automatically feed of off the love of the first pony they meet,even if it's not directed at them If, like I explained earlier, the feeling isn't mutual or not directed at them they might accidentally hurt them. Females may not even realize that they are doing it.Males do not have these problems as often. The collars are inhibitors, making sure that the female chooses to feed. I hope I cleared that up for you and the Parliament.

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

This will be... Considered

Ebony Gryphon
Group Admin

Ah. Well, it is good to see your people have already taken steps to being members of the principality, I approve, and you have my full support, though not my joining of your party I'm afraid

That said... and keeping in the collar vein, there are other issues brought to attention. As much as their personal... proclivities and career choice might make me wretch, numerous consort and consort managers, brothel owner and madams, investors and propietor of bordellos, and in one case a rather rude and burly minotaur in a wide brim white hat and crush velvet fur line coat have expressed concerns over changelings feeding habits and shapeshifting abilities putting their upstanding and proper selves out of business. But from what I've seen and from, your testimony it appears not only would many of your tribe regard such things in contempt, such acts would have all the taste and nutritional value of guzzling book paste.

Shall I then take a lesson in chucking that rather rude minotaur out on his gaudy as the standard response in spirit of how we deal with such complaints?

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

You lost me half way through that...

Shall I then take a lesson in chucking that rather rude minotaur out on his gaudy as the standard response in spirit of how we deal with such complaints?

As long as I get a lesson like that too.:yay:

Ebony Gryphon
Group Admin

In short, the sore ridden and dead eyed rabble of the oldest profession, that of being a whore, are having a right great hissy fit over you lot since they mistake sex for love feeding, or lust more accurately, and the dummies think since in that case you need no monetary compensation, just a little of the old in and out, that they wouldn't be able to make their daily bread.

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

The hay? What is that? The thing with the collars was bad enough but this? What the hay do they think we are? Them? :flutterrage:
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The Queen shall be enraged when she hears this.
Any other Changeling customs you would like me to cover while were on the subject?

Ebony Gryphon
Group Admin

Well... you have to remember things in different cultures have different implications, and considering how caribou treat their females and the use of collars there, it is a matter of concern.

As for the whores and their benefactors... I'm surprised at your surprise. Not that it itself is surprising, or not justifies for that matter, but surely even amongst your tribe there are such things. People such as they have to justify their lives and choices, unless they are forced into it, an action very much stamped down upon, and as such, believing everyone deep down is just like them, or that everyone are as shallow and horrible as they are.

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

I am not saying that they don't exist. I'm just surprised that they think the whole tribe is like them!

5192800 Naturally, before I join a party, I have to know it's platform. What are the beliefs and principles of the changeling party?

In addition, I would like to know why it is called the changeling party? Naming the party after a species that preys on and does harm to citizens of Equestria?

5193870 Thank you. This is my point.

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5192800 any word from our tribe yet? I'm very concern that the other parties may denounce us such as the elitist and caused the party's extinction, our numbers are too low if we fall under attack we be done for...... where are the queens?

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

Let me explain:
Our Party stands for two things: The protection of Changelings and any other who decide to join and The fair treatment of all species and races. The Changelings have been mistreated and misunderstood for so very long that we won't stand by even if the mistreatment is not directed at us.

I would like to say that the ideology of the party is very noble, despite what flaws it might have. Also, I'm positively ecstatic that I can discuss inter-species ethics.

Then I would like to point out that their are currently very few, if any, changeling citizens, and for very good reason. Changelings are dangerous to ponies, as they are naturally predators or parasites, depending on how you view it. It is necessary for them to harm ponies in order to survive meaning they cannot both obey Equestrian law and survive. It is therefore a safety hazard to allow them to be in the country. It would also be unfair to them, as It would force them to choose between being a criminal, or starving. Since they are endangering ponies, they have to be persecuted and dealt with.
I would also like to bring into question the statement that they have been misunderstood or mistreated. As there is currently no knowledge of communication with any changelings other than their Queen, there is little reason to believe that they're misunderstood, although it is possible that we aren't fully aware of there motives. We would have to do more research on them to find out more, which is a fairly difficult and hazardous task.

If scientists could find both a way for them to coexist with ponies in peace and evidence that they'd be willing to do so, then it might be possible to allow changelings to immigrate to Equestria.

Also, I would like to express that I fully support the ideology of the party, and will sincerely consider joining.
Cheers.

5197928 p.s.
The way you refer to "us" makes you sound suspiciously like a changeling. I won't ask questions, but I would highly suggest trying to hide any questionable affiliations in order to stay legally safe. Sometimes, you must keep certain things secret.
Especially from the Elitist party.

Amira Illusion
Group Admin

They say that they are food We had to eat and those we took we respected. But that was when we grew desperate. Now, if we get friends,fall in love, we won't have to do that. That's what this is about isn't it? The reason Chrysalis drained the magic was because she didn't love him back.If she had, she would have ate her fill and his magic wouldn't have been drained.

Hope this explains somethings.

5203760 I'm fairly certain someone made that up. From what has been observed in canon, changelings do harm to ponies when they steal their love.

Spooky Moon
Group Admin

5203988 Mind showing me some proof? It's been a while since I last saw the wedding episodes but I don't remember any harm being done due to feeding

5204855 Did you see the state that Shining Armor was in? Did you see how ponies all over the city were being imprisoned in changeling residue. It seemed to me that they were implying that this was part of how they fed.
Also, if we take certain logical factors into account, then we could bring up the question of why they have fangs. However, most people who I've spoken to prefer to dismiss this as simply a writers choice.

I hope this helps you to form your own observations and ideas.
Cheers.

5197828 Luckily for you, that's not how political parties work.

Spooky Moon
Group Admin

5207605 for Shining Armour was it not confirmed he was under a spell? I doubt that Changelings feed by shooting a magic laser beam at someone. And for the ponies tied up the Changelings were invading Canterlot, it'd make more sense to tie up the ponies so they don't escape and/or start a resistance, as for the fangs they may just need meat to survive as well.

5209107 The spell he was under was the mind control, and it was implied that the reason he was weak, even after the spell wore off, was the loss of his love. Also, there wouldn't have been a need to invade if they weren't harmful.
Chrysalis' orders to the changelings were to feed. The fact that they then attacked ponies implies that their way of feeding is aggressive/harmful.
If we ever find out more information about changeling biology in the show, then maybe ponies will develop to find ways around the dangers inherent in coexisting with changelings. Until then, the government needs to prioritize safety.
Cheers.

Spooky Moon
Group Admin

5228682 As I brought up before the Changelings tied down the ponies so they couldn't escape, we didn't see any ponies getting hurt; the Changelings were capturing their food. They're a stealth race, they need to make the most out of their prey if the feeding process was harmful the pony wouldn't be able to live as long to feed other Changelings. At most if I had to guess due to constant 24/7 feeding or eating to much of their love at once would cause them to faint.

5228718 You don't need to capture food unless you mean to do it harm The very fact that they had to capture ponies to feed shows that their consumption is aggressive. If their method of consumption was harmless, They wouldn't have really needed to invade.
All parasites need to make the most out of their prey, but they're still doing it harm.

Spooky Moon
Group Admin

5230352 You do need to capture the food if you're invading and want to move it elsewhere though, and the Changelings may have been going through a food shortage and no one else was willing to help them, so the only option left was invasion.

We know that changelings ShapeShift to deceive their host into thinking that they are a loved one. This shows that when they drain there host of love, they don't take something that hosts would naturally give on their own. If Changelings got food from their host in a way that didn't harm the host, there wouldn't be designed to deceive. The very nature of how they operate, through kidnapping and impersonation, shows that what they do to the hosts is something the host should avoid.
Their natural biology and physiology is parasitic. There is no known natural way for them to peacefully coexist with their prey, and currently, there is no way to artificially accommodate them. Thus for the safety of those who it is the government's job to protect, the government must keep them away from actual citizens of the Equestrian Nation. It science ever provides ponies with a way to safely coexist with changelings, I would be the first to join a changeling suffrage movement. Until then, they will have to deport any changelings found within Equestrian borders.
Speaking of which, where is Amira Illusion? Shouldn't she have something to say about the fate of her favorite race.

Cheers.

5203760 I figured you would probably want to know that we're discussing the fate of changelings in Equestria. I figured you'd probably want to have a say in what will probably determine what happens to your party.

Spooky Moon
Group Admin

we have no way to artificially accommodate them. Thus for the safety of those who it is the government's job to protect, we must keep them away from actual citizens of the Equestrian Nation. It science ever provides us with a way to safely coexist with changelings, I will be the first to join a changeling suffrage movement. Until then, we will have to deport any changelings found within our borders.

I'm sorry but do you mean this in a roleplay sense? If so please stop their are sites rules against roleplaying, if not I apologize for assuming you mean this in a roleplay sense.

5230732 Considering that there is no real Equestrian government, some definitions would consider this whole group role play. I apologize for the infraction, I got the wrong impression from the fact that people in pretty much every thread are pretending to form political parties and take part in government.
You might want to explain to several other people that we shouldn't be forming parties and pretending to take legal actions.

Aside from that, is there anything I've missed about why changelings can't live in peace with their prey?

Sorry for causing trouble.
Cheers.

5230732 I'm going back and editing all my comments to seem less like RP. Let me know if there's anything you think I should change.

Spooky Moon
Group Admin

5231174 Thank you that was my main worry and saw nothing else wrong with any of your comments

5231357 While we're at banning/editing/changing things I think there's a couple of parties that could be banned/edited/changed

Spooky Moon
Group Admin

5231359 While I doubt about banning unless they've broken a group/site rule, I'll check them out if you tell me the parties names.

5231422 Is sedition against site rules?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 59