The Equestrian Parliament 155 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34
Moonraker
Group Admin

For those interested in learning more about the group or how it works post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

How will we check questions related to our party?

fairy tail man
Group Admin

so if we have a story thats got the character as one of the main characters is it ok to put the story in that category even though it is not entirely about them?

Moonraker
Group Admin

5185499 That would be left up to the chairmen once they get set up.

Moonraker
Group Admin

5186046 If that character plays a significant role then, yes they could be put in there.

fairy tail man
Group Admin

5186372 ok good because i already put my story in the discordain file

Are there any criteria a proposed new party must meet to be accepted

Moonraker
Group Admin

5190049 Parties are created so as to be able to discuses and write about a component of Equestria, in this case Equestrian politics, diplomacy, and players on the world stage. It could be about anything really as long as it has something to do with that theme.

Which party in this group would represent center-right politics?

5191934 Which party do you think is center-right?

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5185457 what happens if a story is in both the changeling party and the Luna party? dose to author have chose between the two?

Moonraker
Group Admin

5193447 It would be up to the author to decide.

Moonraker
Group Admin

5191945 You would have to speak with the party chairmen or create a party similar to those views if their isn't one.

If we propose to found a wing or office within the Equestrian Parliament what are the requirements to do so? I am thinking of establishing a Griffin Office within the Parliament.

Knight N Gale
Group Admin

5193567 there are already stuff like that. They are called Parties, however if I am correct I do not think we have a Chairman for the Griffin Party

If there is no seat for Chairmen within the Griffin party then could I possibly have it?

Knight N Gale
Group Admin

5193584 That is not up to me to decide. You must talk to the Speaker of the House or the Speak of the Chamber as stated in Da Rules

Ah alright, I'll make sure to PM him. Thank you though.

Knight N Gale
Group Admin

5193604 You are welcome

-Chairman Knight'n Gale
Chairman of the Lunar Party

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5193480 what if the author wants both?

Moonraker
Group Admin

5193721 I would have to take that up with the speaker of the chamber. The folder system is not the most efficient in the world but we do our best to accommodate new stories, we ill discus this issue and get back with you.

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5193783 okay that's fine, I was pointing it out before it became an problem

This is not a question, but more a suggestion:

You guys should watch Yes, Minister and The New Statesman - both are shows from England about the English Parliamentary process.

Does anybody know where to go to join the Discordian party?

Why is every party led by a chairman?
What's the difference between the house and the chairman? Is it a bicameral thing?
Why is the rules thread titled "Da Rules" and not standing orders?
Why aren't parties submitted to an electoral commission? Asking parliament to do it creates a huge conflict on interest.
Are elections actually held? What voting system do they use?
Where's cabinet?
Can God save the Queen for nothing will save the governor-general?
Why is the picture on the front clearly not one of a parliament?
Do you know about the time when two MPs took a Rarity plush into the House of Representatives?
What's with the weirdly racial basis of all the parties?
Why does 5195726 have surprisingly good taste in television?

I'll have some more tomorrow morning.

I'm interesting in joining The Luna Party subgroup but I'd like to discuss if my stories would fit into the group or not. The stories I have written Climbing the Mountain and it's sequel are part of the Lunaverse AU. They are set in the Equestrian ruling body of that setting, the 'Night Court' however, although she appears occasionally Luna herself is not a major character in the stories. Instead if follows the life of the most junior member of the court Mounty Max as he is made a baron and represents Equestria's newest province of Nulpar. He has to deal with the corruption of the court with the help of a senior member of the court Duchess Fragrant Posey who also acts as a romantic interest for him.

Is this story acceptable for the group or does Luna have to be a major character?

Bry7x7x
Group Admin

5193606 This one's for you.

Knight N Gale
Group Admin

5197442 no it is not. Only the Speaker of the House and tne Speak of the Chamber can approve or reject stories. I can pass thr stories on to them but thst is about it

same goes for you

Bry7x7x
Group Admin

5197461 According to Da Rules

Stories must be submitted to it proper folder

(First of all, *its 5185457 you may want to fix that)

So The Speakers may clarify, but I fail to see where it states we (or even the commons) can't submit the stories. This rule is addressed to the users of this group.

The only thing it says we need to ask is:

Chairmen of a party (or party leaders) must first talk with the Speaker of the House before creating or leading a group.

This deals with your party's folder. (Also: He has to deal with the corruption of the court with the help of a senior member of the court Duchess Fragrant Posey who also acts as a romantic interest for him. May make it my concern as well.)

Because it takes place in the Lunaverse AU (i.e The Republic I assume), I'd say it would belong there (And maybe in mine if the corruption is a big plot tool)

But Knight N Gale, if you wish the speakers to clarify this, that is fair. Also since I can't find where it explicitly states:

Only the Speaker of the House and tne Speak of the Chamber can approve or reject stories

I wish to obey Da Rules, so I'd also like clarification.

Bry7x7x
Group Admin

5185457 I noticed that some people are proposing ministries. There's one for police, military, and I even did one for trade.

Perhaps we can do something for them.

So ministries can be established on a vote.

Like a sub parity, the members can discuss, encourage, and help authors make stories on those topics. Chairmen will nominate their party members and the other chairmen will vote.

There's a head that the elected vote out of them (out of let's say three for simplicity sake).

They don't get a new folder or adm powers or anything chaotic like that.

My party hasn't even been legitimized yet. :rainbowlaugh:

So I guess I am asking for authorization before I do anything else, lest I incur the Wrath of Mog.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34