Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 60 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 60
DrakeyC
Group Admin

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5tl02czdxgmx9xe/Filly_Fantasy_VI_Version_2_-_Patch.zip/file

New Features in 2.0

- Apple Bloom replaces Maud as a playable character with a new recruitment event in the World of Ruin.
- Rebalanced enemies. Elemental and status affinities are more prominent. Numerous bosses have been overhauled.
- Esper level bonuses are removed. Spell distribution through Espers is rebalanced.
- New Lore abilities for Rarity and Party abilities for Pinkie.
- New Desperation Attacks.
- Rebalanced equipment pieces, including several new ones. Locations of some rare items is changed.
- Some story and graphic updates.

Version History

October 24 2017
- Updated with some minor menu screen aesthetic changes
- Some minor dialogue changes

November 7 2017
- Zombie status crash has been fixed

December 10 2017
- Animation changes to Cyclone, Aero, and Twister

December 31 2017
- Runic no longer requires a weapon to be equipped
- ProtoTroop should now speak at start of battle
- Luna's Chakra no longer heals statuses, but grants Regen.
- HeartThrob heals and also casts Haste.
- Minor dialogue tweaks

Feb 1 2018
- Desperation Attack mechanics changed.

Mar 1 2018
- Grogar and Smooze relocated to Wonderbolts Memorial and Diamond Dog Cave. Items replace them in Discord's Tower.

Mar 6
- Starlight and Sunburst added as NPCs to Starlight Village

Apr 8 2018
- Dullahan HP fixed
- Iron Splint added to Mobliz shop

May 28 2018
- Ascend took far too long to execute, time has been reduced to more typical amount
- Bits found in hidden spot in Esper Cave changed to 2,500. Message received when finding them is unchanged.
- Pearl Ring found in hidden spot in Esper Cave was misidentified as Opal Ring in message when finding it.

June 25 2018
- Fluttershy's Desperation Attack now properly heals her.
- Stamina Ring in Neighshe mines in the World of Ruin changed to Earthen Ring.

July 1 2018
- Contents of floating chest #4 in Art Gallery fixed

July 15 2018
- Brachosaur no longer vulnerable to Control
- Glitch with using Wind Slash via Control fixed

July 25
- Vampiresword renamed Deathbringer, description changed to reflect abilities
- Thick Splint removed from Mobliz, replaced with Thick Peytral
- Sunburst's sprite palette fixed

August 17-23
- Esper, Spell, Lore, and attack names lengthened.
- Class names added to the main menu
- Glitch fixes rolled out over the week

September 3rd
- Minor script changes
- Rainbow's slots icon changed
- Tentacles boss and background changed

September 13th
- MP text colors added

September 14th
- Glitch with Magic Crown and Crystal Heart locations fixed

September 17th
- Item descriptions updated

October 7th
- Small tweaks to Grogar and Lavan script

October 19th
- Magitek in-battle menu fixed

November 10th
- Control command menu expanded to accomodate longer ability names
- Third command shows up properly

November 20th
- Nerapa renamed "Madmare"
- "Magic" enemies in the Fanatics Tower renamed "Chaos"
- Enemies in the final battle renamed, names are now visible in the batt;e menu.

November 23rd
- Puddinghead's Stunning Stone now properly obeys the laws of Image status
- Quasar description no longer says it ignores defense

December 1st
- Quasar power changed from 72 to 100
- Hurricane power lowered from 34 to 30
- Gaia's Wrath power lowered from 50 to 45
- Chaotic Storm power lowered from 150 to 135

April 4th 2019
- Typo in the prologue fixed
- Adjustments to Lavan's AI script

August 7th 2019
- Major update as detailed here

October 12 2019
- Cranes have new sprite
- Sr Behemoth renamed and given new palette, attack script tweaked
- Rover attack script tweaked
- Some Emulate abilities given better attacks

December 12 2020
- Minor updates to Ursa Minor, Chadarnook, and Tirek attack scripts
- Spark Dagger did not actually deal Lightning damage; this is fixed
- Fixed Debilitator not functioning properly

So does the official release work with the saves from my Beta copy?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

It should, yes, presuming you’re playing a relatively recent beta. Just rename the files to all have the same name.

I might check this out later, but right now, since this was a repeated issue, I decided to check this out first. The issue's still there. Orbital FC is still significantly weaker than the Bahamut Summon, which was what it originally used to be.

So is this the official out of Beta release?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Wonder if I should start over from where I was in the previous beta version? Not that I was that far unfortunately. I haven't made any progress past the reunion of the three scenarios at the beginning of the game. Considering the major differences between this and 1.0 I would actually like to redo my LP eventually.

So I guess that damage balance isn't gonna be fixed?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I was out today. :applejackunsure:

Anyway, OFC has 79 power and ignores defense and split damage; Spike has 120 power and ignores defense but not split damage.

That's the issue right there. Ignoring split damage in exchange for power is not a good trade. That's only a good trade for facing random encounters since like 90% of bosses fight alone. And there's no point in risking something like that for random encounters. That's what makes it a downgrade.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Fair point. Maybe swap the two values?

Well... huh... I wanted to say that would be a downgrade for the Spike Summon, but I don't really see that. Without Celestia, you can only summon an Esper once per battle, which is perfect for random encounters. I guess in a way, that would benefit both skills really. So I say, yes.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Odd... If their base power and split damage was swapped like you said, somehow the Spike Summon came out stronger than usual. Comparing the 2 versions, base 79 on Orbital FC was only doing 5,100 while base 79 on Spike is doing 6,600. But the swap from the 2 base powers of 120 matched, so no more problems with that.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Well, it wasn’t a literal swap of values (79 would be too low for Spike, I think; the other Espers, if not defense ignoring, are at least 70). Spike is now 100 while OFC is 110.

Help I fell in a Hole!

Apparently I clipped into the Mirror Pool and can't get out. Also, Pinkies everywhere.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Whoops! Sorry will have to wait on tonight for a fix

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Fixed, redownload the rom

If this is the official release, how come it isn't Sticky'd like the 1.0 version?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Whoops thought it was

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Updated rom.

More Silly Ponies in Silly Places:

Apple Bloom's sister was secretly Twilight All Along!

Yeah, I went into the Applebloom Recruitment scene with Twilight and AJ as my only party members, and I had Twilight leading the party at the time. So when I started the cutscene, the game made Twilight act out AJ's scenes for her.

For Posterity, here are my party positions when I started the cut-scene:

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Hm, thanks, I’ll take a look.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Rom updated, let me know if this works please.

I really shouda' saved before the cutscene... this might take me a bit. Last save before the cutscene is... my emergency pre-Crystal Factory Save.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

0_0 Um, it’s okay then. I imagine other folks will find this if it isn’t fixed.

The stupid thing is, due to my own personal ordering of events, I fucked up my own backup saves for this...

I wanted a theif before doing the Gallery, but I hate doing the Phoenix Cave and thus got Flash nearly last. If I just blitzed the cave with Smoke Bombs and Scoots with a Ribbon, I would have a savestate with the Sundowner Decision before the Applebloom cutscene. But instead, I picked Applebloom (nearly) first and in turn fucked up the rest of my savestates with Arena Shenanagins.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Damn, that sucks. :applejackunsure:

On my way back through the first like third of the game to catch up to where I left off on youtube. Currently just finished Gryphon Stone and on way to opera house.
I AM A FREAKIN IDIOT. I just loaded the wrong save state and then saved over the wrong one. Now I have to go through the Griffinstone all over again. *head desk*

I've discovered a consistent freeze during the fight with Discord in the Decisive Battle segment. When you've reached the second stage of the fight and he has his dialogue mid-combat, then uses his special move, the screen blackens, freezes, or freezes and blackens afterward, becoming unresponsive. The battle music continues to play.

I should note that I loaded the game on a SNES Classic, so perhaps this is a problem unique to that console's emulator. I can't test it with SNES9x at the moment, as I don't have a save on my computer with version 2.0.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I'll check it out, thank you. Sorry for the late response.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Tested on ZSNES, works fine. May be the SNES Classic then?

I figured it probably was just the emulator, not the ROM. Welp, time to bring out the 8BitDo SNES30 controller and load it on my pc, then.

... unfortunately, it probably isn't easy to extract my save file from the SNES Classic. Oh well. :applejackunsure:

Just downloaded it, did not finish playing version 1, and due to my stupidity in handling the folder I keep my games in lost my data, but as long as that is kept available (updated or not) just so people can choose what one they want to play it's all good. The only bright part is from what I recall from my last data is I was ready to assault Discords tower so as long as that part remained unchanged it should not matter that much

I'll likely like both, Version 1 would just be "vanilla" while version 2 would be the version for the later seasons.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Version 1.0 is still available for download, but will no longer be supported or updated. There were significant event changes made to change Apple Bloom in for Maud and it is more effort than it is worth to me to attempt to keep two separate roms identical in terms of gameplay and balance otherwise.

As for using your 1.0 data for 2.0, don't. There are significant gameplay changes that will show in your file and there may be glitches or corruption.

I was not intending to use the data from version one for version two, my main concern there was what I might be missing from not completing version one. Since I was at the endgame (discords tower) the only things might be some bosses and the last bits of dialogue which I assumed, aside from replacing Maude with Bloom, would have remained unchanged.

Awesome! Time to play again!

I'm running into the same issue as Sir Mediocre during the Discord fight. Right after he casts Chaos Soul the display glitches out but the music keeps playing, the game has stopped though because no other sounds can be heard. The character he casts it on changes what the glitched screen looks like but in all cases the game stops.

Using Snes9x-x64

Tested in Zsnesw and got the same issue but with a frozen screen instead of a glitched one. Both emulators were latest releases. I'll try on different PCs tomorrow.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

This has been updated and fixed, redownload the rom.

Working great, thanks for the quick response, loving the game.

I can't help but ask... In the Trottingham Opera House, is that Tempest Shadow sitting in the audience?

DrakeyC
Group Admin

No, the opera house audience was unchanged.

I'm a dolt... I meant to say the Auction House. :facehoof: I don't think that's changed either because I think I've seen the same coloration in other NPC ponies, and I think the coloration was meant to be Ms. Cheerilee's, but I just noticed between the coat and eye color and the mane style appearing to be a mohawk from the back that it kind of looked like her.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Ah, okay. Well, regardless, no, no one was specifically based on Tempest Shadow.

As far as art goes, I expanded Apple Bloom's sprite sheet and added some new enemy sprites, all before the movie came out, so there's no graphics based off any movie-only characters.

Just a small question (missed the beta, so maybe it has been answered):

If the Esper stat bonuses have been removed, then do the characters still gain new stats in some other way? I don't know if they do naturally in vanilla FF6, so I'm curious.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

No, there is no natural stat growth. The stat bonuses attached to equipment and the higher innate stats the characters start with are to make up for this. Late game especially, expect to stumble across a lot of equipment pieces that give +5 or more to multiple stats, especially the ultimate weapons for each character.

You haven't updated your running list with your recent Wind glitch fixes.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

right, thanks.

Still need to add your latest update to the tally list again. :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 60