I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Decided to be positive after seeing a pro starlight pic on deviantart (I respect those who do like her), I may have starlight as my most disliked mlp character (post redemption anyway) but i don't think her prescence automatically ruins an episode

So any starlight episodes you like?

My fave is all bottled up due to how fun it is to see starlight bottling up

Plus I had to root for her when she finally snapped at trixie giving her a lashing after her attitude the entire episode, as a member of the accusation fic collection group I love how the episode has an accusation type flip out within the episode

Plus liked the subplot of the mane six in the escape room, hope to visit one myself oneday

Uncommon Bond.

That's like asking which body part you would like painfully removed.

To Change a Changeling, mostly because Starlight gets called out on so many things and even though she's the main character of the story, she really isn't the focus, just the catalyst. Also Trixie is actually pretty well done in this episode.

The Cutie Re-Mark - When Starlight shows how dangerous villain she can be with Time travel ability and to be superior over Twilight. To be an egoistic bitch with her attitude, how she is tauting Twilight.
Kinda like the Flash's nemesis, Professor Zoom.

"Uh uh uh, as long as I can siphon off the Speed-force, you can't escape this timeline."

Yeah starlight was at her best when she was a bad guy

I have to admit Starlight's part in Mirror Magic wasn't anywhere as bad as I thought it would be. She resolves things, but simply through being understanding and saying the right things (which could've been done by any of the others if they hadn't been caught by the antagonist first... some have a problem with that but I consider it not a big deal since they all did a lot in the previous features), she isn't the sole focus of the feature, and I have to say she is genuinely better-looking as a human as a pony (I particularly like her cap).

The cutie map since I liked bad Starlight, until the cutie remark ruined her completely. To Change a Changeling since Starlight was made to look stupid twice, other than those two I don't like any Starlight episode, in most of them, Starlight does or says something that ticks me off, the funny thing is, I was originally going to make a thread called "Worst episodes featuring Starlight Glimmer?" I must say "all bottled up" was cringe worthy for me. Trixie could have been seriously injured all because Glimmer never learned to control that temper of hers.

Keep in mind that the other characters were made to look useless just so Starlight can once again look good, (via upstaging)

Yes, I know that, I already mentioned it above. Compared to her other moments though, and coupled with what I've already mentioned, I consider it much less egregious. Not to say I don't find it aggravating that they brought her in period, but it could've been worse. Also, to be fair, none of them knew what the mirror was able to do until it was too late (what could Sunset have done in the bare minute or two she had? Run? I doubt the mirror would've had a problem with sucking her in from a distance of a couple more steps away, and it makes sense she wouldn't hesitate to confront Juniper since her and the girls both handled her before and had confronted and defeated Gloriosa who similarly possessed magic), and Starlight was barely able to do anything herself, having no magic stripped her of being able to do much except keep the mirror away from Juniper temporarily while trying to talk her out of being evil, which any of the girls could've done had they been the ones with the opportunity Starlight had.

The Cutie Map, the best episodes MLP ever had. Best villain, awesome song, non main characters taking significant part, darker theme. It's why I still love the idea of that Starlight Glimmer, the cult leader just out for power, the most dangerous villian the main six face, not for her magic but for her brain and ability to have ponies follow her even to their detriment.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12